: XM Radio subscription

Digital Vidiot
02-17-06, 02:22 AM
I have what might be a silly/dumb/laughable question, but since I bought my Escalade used, I really don't know the answer. When an Escalade is sold new with factory XM radio installed, does it come with a pre-paid subscription from Cadillac? I bought mine (2004) used in December, and even though I don't use XM that much, it still works, and I know I am not paying a monthly subscription fee.

senility
02-17-06, 08:38 AM
First 90 days are free. The previous owner must have bought a subscription. Just hope he doesn't transfer it.

Dan <><

Digital Vidiot
02-17-06, 01:51 PM
Does that mean that the previous owner is paying for my XM :thumbsup: ? Unless he bought an extended subscription, I can't imagine why it would still be active. I know that the guy that I bought this from said that he had the navigation head unit replaced prior to selling it to me, as some of the buttons were worn - I don't know if the installation of the new head unit might equate to a new 90 day trial period or not. Oh well, not a big deal I guess. I am debating whether to keep it hooked up or not anyway, because some of the aux and iPod adaptors that I have seen say that you must disconnect the factory XM radio in order to make them work.

Falkolade
02-17-06, 03:26 PM
the previous owner could have bought a long term subscription, 1-3 years... so you might actually luck out and get free xm for quite sometime.

ewill3rd
02-19-06, 04:54 PM
Either he paid for too much and didn't ask for a refund or XM just hasn't turned off you XM tuner yet.

Swapping the radio has nothing to do with the XM subscription.
The XM reciever is under the dash by the OnStar unit.