: 94 fleetwood interior lights

cadi11ac
02-17-06, 12:19 AM
help, i purchased a troublesome fleetwood a couple months ago. one thing after another has been wrong or gone wrong. rear right wheel bearing and axle, tranny leak, front seal leak, power steering whining and leaking, alternator bad, brake bleeders broke off on BOTH front calipers, mirror glass missing, ac not charged, heater not working, etc. etc. etc... Anyways, I've always wanted one of these cars so I'm gonna stick it out and eventually fix all the problems. Then another one pops up, right after i fix the brakes; the interior lights WILL NOT turn off. I had to pull the fuse. I checked the doors, and whenever you open a door, it says door ajar, like it's supposed to. Same thing with the trunk. So i don't think it's either the doors or trunk so what else runs on that circuit other than the dimmer switch? I tried to find a repair manual on this car but am told that there isn't one. thank you.

caddycruiser
02-17-06, 12:24 AM
help, i purchased a troublesome fleetwood a couple months ago. one thing after another has been wrong or gone wrong. rear right wheel bearing and axle, tranny leak, front seal leak, power steering whining and leaking, alternator bad, brake bleeders broke off on BOTH front calipers, mirror glass missing, ac not charged, heater not working, etc. etc. etc... Anyways, I've always wanted one of these cars so I'm gonna stick it out and eventually fix all the problems. Then another one pops up, right after i fix the brakes; the interior lights WILL NOT turn off. I had to pull the fuse. I checked the doors, and whenever you open a door, it says door ajar, like it's supposed to. Same thing with the trunk. So i don't think it's either the doors or trunk so what else runs on that circuit other than the dimmer switch? I tried to find a repair manual on this car but am told that there isn't one. thank you.

Can't help you with the light issue, but how cheap did you pick this car up since it has so many issues? Was it just not treated well by the last owner? That actually seems pretty common, and is a big shame, given how nice these cars can be.

That's a shame, because our '93 with 103k on it has only needed a few minor things in almost 3 years, and my new '95 with 117k on it seems like it will achieve the same or better.

PersianLimeFiremist
02-24-06, 08:15 PM
Hi- did you figure this out yet? I have the same problem with my 96 Brougham. Thanks, Bob

ocjmakaveli
02-26-06, 11:11 PM
for starters I'd move the knob and make sure it turns on the interior lights how its supposed too with the door closed

Also spray some wd-40 in the lock latch area for all four doors.

That I know of the interior lights are supposed to turn off after 10 minutes to avoid battery drains. so it's not a big issue but if they don't turn off even after 10 minutes then there's a short somewhere and you'll need the FSM or a visit to the dealership.

I think the problem is you bought a car from someone that didn't maintain it AT ALL.

In the long run it'd be best to sell the car unless it has a rare color combo or something because with car's that are treated badly for 12 years everything starts to go bad because it wasn't taken care of.

The owner probably just ran it with minimal maintenance and that's why all these problems now came up especially since you seem to pay attention to details which most people don't.

Good luck and use ebay there's lots of cheap parts for our cars sometimes under listings of caprice/impala/roadmasters.