: 2000 lade steering wheel shakes

firecat_freak
02-16-06, 11:34 PM
I have 62000 on my 2000 lade. Its been snowing like hell up here the past two days, and i have gone through alot of it, three feet high drifts and all. I drove all day today in the snow and had no problems till my last little trip today. At 45-50 mph i could start to feel the steering wheel shake back and fourth, and it seemed to get worse if i would start to turn one way or the other. It felt like a video game. It wouldn't continiously do it, it would come and go. I know i have speed sensative steering and this might have something to do with it. I'm hoping that maybe the snow has something to do with it, but not sure, it may just be a coinsidence. What do ya'll think?

slk230mb
02-17-06, 09:42 AM
Driving through the snow could have knocked a wheel weight loose and now they need to be balanced again.

slimm44
02-17-06, 01:49 PM
or theres snow stuck in the on one side of the wheel making it off balance. but if its consistent, then i'd bet on the wheel weight.

hcox10
02-17-06, 06:14 PM
:want: hi
i have a2000 lade my lade would shake even on dry straight roads i would have the wheels balanced that would help for around 200 miles and it would start to shake again it was driving me crazy.after many times of geting them balanced,come to find out one of my tires was out of round.
:bigroll: harold

averagehonky
02-17-06, 06:46 PM
Yeah, could be impacted snow in the tires or a clunk has frozen on the inside of rim throwing the balance off. Mud will do the same thing.

Daryl in KY
02-21-06, 09:46 AM
Worn tie-rod ends will cause the steering wheel to shake, quite common on the OBS. Winter and snow driving is much harder on tie-rods than normal driving. A good alignment shop should be able to figure out what is going on.