: 98 Seville engine mount

mmayer
02-16-06, 11:26 PM
Does anyone know of a heavy duty or aftermarket engine mount for my 98 Seville. It has needed to be changed twice in 115k miles. I have been told that is not uncommon.

parts68
02-17-06, 09:18 AM
I think if someone finds a way to replace the rubber it would be a gold mine.
Ive got an Aurora that needs them too.

danbuc
02-17-06, 01:47 PM
Well, I've got the billet Aluminum front engine mount in my car from RSM Racing. It'll never break or wear out like the hydraulic OEM ones will. On the lfip side, you do feel a very slight increase in engine vibration through the pedals and steering wheel, but not a whole lot. Now that I've had it in my car for almost 6 months, I never notice it. It is kinda pricy though, at $300. If you drive the car pretty hard (usually hwy the mounts fail so often) then this might be a good solution for you. Here's a link to their website. http://www.rsmracing.com/

El Dobro
02-17-06, 02:40 PM
The auto parts stores do have them, but they don't know if they're solid rubber or oil filled.

parts68
02-18-06, 11:45 PM
theyve got them for Seville but not Auroras

someone on the Aurora board told me that anchor #2493 avaliable at AutoZone will work for the lower front
and with a little help the lower rear.
Im needing the upper one for my rora the most.Factory part# is 22146342
Is that the same as Seville?

The auto parts stores do have them, but they don't know if they're solid rubber or oil filled.