: Car Chases

El Dobro
01-02-04, 10:45 PM
Ok everybody list your favorite car chases. Got the DVD Ronin starring Robert DeNiro for Christmas. If you haven't seen it, go out and rent it. It's got some wild car chases in it.

gothicaleigh
01-02-04, 10:55 PM
The freeway scene in Matrix:Reloaded.

The CTS chase scene in Bad Boys 2 where they're running over all the cadavers.
Favorite quote after they commandeer(sp?) the car from Dan Marino and a salesman:
"Dan Marino should definitely buy this car. Well not this one, cause I'm gonna fu*k this one up. But he should get one just like it."

Okay, so I may be a little biased towards those two. Great looking chases though... :D

gothicaleigh
01-02-04, 11:05 PM
Seriously:

-The famous chase at the end of Bullitt with Steve McQueen and his mustang. Still impressive even today.

-The BMW films episode "Race the Devil." Actually, just about every one of the BMW films are extraordinary, but this one is one of my 2 favorites(the other being "Star"). James Brown. Gary Oldman. Marilyn Manson.
www.bmwfilms.com

Stoneage_Caddy
01-02-04, 11:18 PM
the rental car chase in days of thunder ...and the rental car vs taxi in days of thunder

AKPsiMC03
01-03-04, 12:07 AM
the Italian Job had a cool chase.

MMNineInchNails
01-03-04, 01:43 AM
Seriously:

-The famous chase at the end of Bullit with Steve McQueen and his mustang. Still impressive even today.

-The BMW films episode "Race the Devil." Actually, just about every one of the BMW films are extraordinary, but this one is one of my 2 favorites(the other being "Star"). James Brown. Gary Oldman. Marilyn Manson.
www.bmwfilms.com

I'll have to agree with you a hundred percent on those. Bullitt rocked, and race the devil.

Gone in 60 seconds was good too with the gt500. ahhhhhh. **drool**

It wasn't much of a chase scene but i still liked it in "lost highway" where he takes off in the 1400hp mercedes blasting "driver down" by nin with a bunch of cops behind him, but can't really keep up cause he's hauling ass.

Ralph
01-03-04, 02:02 AM
"Bullitt", I ordered the movie just for that chase, put together the steel die cast models of the 1968 Mustang and 1968 Charger, they sit on my tv. I almost bought the 2001 special Mustang "Bullitt" Ford made a few years ago!

"The French Connection" chase with Gene Hackman was incredible, and I think a little longer than the Bullitt chase. That poor Pontiac just kept on runnin' despite all the abuse it went through!

"Gone in Sixty Seconds", no not the newer one with Nicolas Cage (although it was good) but the original 1974 movie because Eleanor was a 45 minute car chase that no one will ever forget.

"The Road Warrior" right at the beginning of the movie!

Night Wolf
01-03-04, 12:11 PM
The Matrix Reloaded....

....MI2.... I have a thing for Grand Am's, and the chase scene with the '99 SE was really cool.....

..... I'll have to rent Bad Boys 2 and Bulitt some time (today?)

El Dobro
01-03-04, 02:10 PM
Surprises me no one mentioned the wild cop chase in The Seven Ups. If you see it, take a look at the guy being chased. It's the same guy driving that was being chased in Bullitt.

beemer2k
01-03-04, 08:59 PM
It's not exactly a "car chase"... but then again maybe it is - "Duel". It came out in 71' and was Spielbergs first feature length film. This guy is driving across the desert to get to a business meeting (or something like that) when he cuts off a guy in a tractor trailer. The guy in the big rig gives chase and tries to run the guy down and/or kill the guy until the finale. You never see the trucker's face. Basically the entire movie is just one long (but thoroughly suspenseful) chase scene. Many people say that this movie gave birth to the big suspense movie phenomenon of the 70s (Jaws, Airport, etc...) I know what you're thinking: "A diesel Peterbilt would be no match for my caddy. I'd just leave him safely behind me in the arizona sun." :yup: ...and that's where you'd be right, BUT this guy drives a plymouth valiant. Stop laughing. Seriously, it's a damn good rent if you can find it. :halo: It stars Dennis Weaver (not that is any kind of selling point, but it might make it easier to find). By the way, I didn't capitalize plymouth valiant because I didn't feel they deserved it. :tongue2:

davesdeville
01-04-04, 06:08 PM
The one in Undercover Brother.

ShadowLvr400
01-04-04, 09:11 PM
Undercover Brother was a good one. Nice to see that big Caddy's ass swinging around. :)
Gone in 60 Seconds, I dunno.. It bothered me since the BMW those two cops were in was a 540i. Powered by a 282 horse 4.2 V8, it'd keep with that Mustang...
Get Carter He was running in a STS from a V12 Jag! What more do you need?
The early scene in the Transporter, nice attitude to him, and I like the BMW 7 series he was driving.
Days of Thunder. That rental car scene is hilarious.
It's not a chase scene, but the black van in Old School. Driving around picking up the pledges... That brought back memories.

MMNineInchNails
01-05-04, 01:05 AM
Gone in 60 Seconds, I dunno.. It bothered me since the BMW those two cops were in was a 540i. Powered by a 282 horse 4.2 V8, it'd keep with that Mustang...

They were keeping somewhat up with the gt500, but they kept getting things in their way like the truck that went through the wall and the bus and all those cars trying to go to the alley at the same time. stuff like that. but the beamer was keeping up while it could.

gothicaleigh
01-05-04, 01:12 AM
I kept hoping that the Eldorado in that would see some action, but all it got were a couple of cameos...

That and they bled all over the Escalade...

Ralph
01-05-04, 01:17 AM
Undercover Brother was a good one. Nice to see that big Caddy's ass swinging around. :)
Get Carter He was running in a STS from a V12 Jag! What more do you need?
The early scene in the Transporter, nice attitude to him, and I like the BMW 7 series he was driving.
Days of Thunder. That rental car scene is hilarious.
It's not a chase scene, but the black van in Old School. Driving around picking up the pledges... That brought back memories.

Are you serious? A 428 Cobra Jet with nitrous is most likely running a hell of a lot more horsepower than the 282 horse BMW! No way even a 7 series V12 could keep up IMO.

shaggygrosser
01-05-04, 12:42 PM
Ronin (number 1 chase scenes in my opinion).
The Matrix Reloaded (so much happens in a short amount of time)
The Rock (with the Hummer H1)
...just to name a few.

I'm hoping to see Bad Boys II soon... but only for the CTS. I think the actors suck.

gothicaleigh
01-05-04, 12:48 PM
That's the only reason I rented it too. :)
The CTS also gets a cameo in the Italian Job.

HollywoodHicks1
01-06-04, 02:56 AM
I liked the one from Bad Boys 2.

El Dobro
01-06-04, 09:42 AM
Now we're going to go way back. Anyone ever see Thunder Road?

Stoneage_Caddy
01-06-04, 11:27 AM
"BUT this guy drives a plymouth valiant"

i remeber this flick , it was on the tube about 5 months ago , i couldnt stop watching the thing , kept thinking , surely he will trade that thing off on something with balls when this is over

RickTheRuler727
01-07-04, 10:36 PM
Lets not forget Smokey And The Bandit. That movie single handedly made every Italian kid in The Bronx want a Trans Am.

ShadowLvr400
01-07-04, 11:02 PM
Are you serious? A 428 Cobra Jet with nitrous is most likely running a hell of a lot more horsepower than the 282 horse BMW! No way even a 7 series V12 could keep up IMO.

The nitrous only got hit on the one stretch, and 120, 130, a 540 wouldn't even blink.

Muscle car club . com
(Shelby GT500) 428 V8 355bhp@5400rpm, 420lb-ft@3200rpm
(Shelby GT500) 428/355: 0-60 in 6.2 sec, 1/4 mile in 14.6 sec @ 99mph.

(Cobra Jet) 428 V8 335 bhp @ 5400 rpm (est. 410bhp), 440 lb-ft @ 3400rpm.
(Cobra Jet) 428/335: 0-60 in 5.4 sec, 1/4 mile in 14.01@101mph.

Hunting for the BMW, though I know they're at least as quick.

Found one at dragtimes.com
98 540i 14.01 at 101.7

Looking for more reliable stuf....

Found a few other times post, most at 14.0... Not quite as nice as I'd like, but shrug. Best I can do for now.

So, that BMW wouldn't have a problem keeping right with the GT500... As a note, the Cobra Jet shows as a 68 motor, not a 67, which is what Gone in 60 Seconds was. However! The stats I found are NOT something I'd stake 100% on, though the musclecarclub.com I trust to be pretty accurate. Oh, and I think that the BMW would out handle the GT500, which is an advantage...

Ralph
01-07-04, 11:48 PM
The nitrous only got hit on the one stretch, and 120, 130, a 540 wouldn't even blink.

Muscle car club . com
(Shelby GT500) 428 V8 355bhp@5400rpm, 420lb-ft@3200rpm
(Shelby GT500) 428/355: 0-60 in 6.2 sec, 1/4 mile in 14.6 sec @ 99mph.

(Cobra Jet) 428 V8 335 bhp @ 5400 rpm (est. 410bhp), 440 lb-ft @ 3400rpm.
(Cobra Jet) 428/335: 0-60 in 5.4 sec, 1/4 mile in 14.01@101mph.

Hunting for the BMW, though I know they're at least as quick.

Found one at dragtimes.com
98 540i 14.01 at 101.7

Looking for more reliable stuf....

Found a few other times post, most at 14.0... Not quite as nice as I'd like, but shrug. Best I can do for now.

So, that BMW wouldn't have a problem keeping right with the GT500... As a note, the Cobra Jet shows as a 68 motor, not a 67, which is what Gone in 60 Seconds was. However! The stats I found are NOT something I'd stake 100% on, though the musclecarclub.com I trust to be pretty accurate. Oh, and I think that the BMW would out handle the GT500, which is an advantage...

Interesting, but when it comes down to it, I'd take the torque. (Cobra) You can have the Beamer, as my aunt has a 735i, and it is nothing to write home about IMO. As for handling, I think it was implied that pretty much nothing on that car car was stock. Did you see the Barret-Jackson car auction in Vegas on the Speed Channel about 6 months ago? They had one of the IDENTICAL cars that was made for the movie. It was a custom (not original) 1967 GT 500, and the power was something like 500 hp, if I remember correctly? Anyway, when they fired that beast up to bring it onto the bidding floor, I was sold! No Beamer gets me excited, even if it could keep up. :p

Mad'lac
01-07-04, 11:58 PM
The car chase in Ronin has to be one of the greatest ever caught on film IMHO. Then Bullit is the second best. The original The Italian Job was good too. And for motorcycle chase scene it would have to be the movie Fled where they escaped on 2 Ducatis 996 going up the Smokey mountains.

90devilleguy
01-08-04, 12:11 AM
It's not really a car chase but a cool scene in the movie Driven with Sly Stallone, when they drive the fomula cars on the streets of chicago. that looks like fun!

Ralph
01-08-04, 12:12 AM
Has anyone mentioned "Vanishing Point?" 1971, starring Barry Newman, and the coolest 1970 white Dodge Challenger RT with a 440. That whole movie was one big car chase from the cops, and I'm sure it led to the idea for Smokey and the Bandit. There were a lot of rumors about the engine in that car during the 1980's when it became a cult classic. Many thought it was a Hemi. I have the March 1986 "Popular and Performance Car Review," where they did an interview with Newman and he describes the car and dispells any myths. He said, "It was like those cars had too much power for the body."

How about "Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry?" That 1969 Charger was just too massive and cool! Yes, I have a thing for old Mopars, OK! :worship:

Deep Sleep
01-08-04, 12:13 AM
The best car chase movie ever was 'Vanishing Point' with Berry Newman. Came out in the 70's. The car was a dodge Challenger. It was a badass flix. No other can compare.

Mad'lac
01-08-04, 12:15 AM
Dirty Mary,Crazy Larry would be up there....but the ending with that train was too painful for me. It was such a nice car.

Ralph
01-08-04, 12:20 AM
Dirty Mary,Crazy Larry would be up there....but the ending with that train was too painful for me. It was such a nice car.

You got that right! It has an ending that sticks with you, and never forget, much the same ending as VP.

It was also painful when the Charger hit the old dude in that truck while speeding in the orchard. After he changes the tire, he just drives right over it! :worship: Try doing that with a new car, and you will screw up your entire suspension and alignment.

Mad'lac
01-08-04, 12:22 AM
Remember that cop that tried to chase him down with the black car. Did he say "It takes a Hemi to catch a Hemi"? It's been soo long since I seen that movie.

Ralph
01-08-04, 12:23 AM
Oh ya, Vanishing Point was remade in 1996 I believe, and is really worth checking out! It stars Jason Priestly (a great Canadian) as the DJ, and that dude who is famous now, you know, he is in Lord of the Rings? He's got a foreign, European name!?

Ralph
01-08-04, 12:31 AM
Remember that cop that tried to cahse him down with the black car. Did he say "It takes a Hemi to catch a Hemi"? It's been soo long since I seen that movie.

I saw it over the Christmas Holiday at my parent's house, they have Digital Cable and all those cool movie channels. I guess you know now what I did at Christmas. :D I don't think he said that, but he went to the cop garage and took that souped up Polara (?), it didn't even have a siren or lights yet. Anyway, the cop asked "What's the top end on this thing?" The mechanic responded "Unlimited!" :histeric:

Ralph
01-08-04, 12:41 AM
The best car chase movie ever was 'Vanishing Point' with Berry Newman. Came out in the 70's. The car was a dodge Challenger. It was a badass flix. No other can compare.

I won't argue that Bud, I think it's the movie that got me into musclecars even before I knew there were musclecars! You and I are old enough to remember all these cars in high school, eh? I regret selling the '69 red Charger I had in HS, and I really wish I had a new computer with scanner so I could post it here!! :mad:

Anyway, do you remember the ending, as he tries to drive through the plows on those caterpillars? Remember how he smiled just before he died? Well, I guess the big question for VP was, "Was he smiling because he thought he could make it through?" or "Was he smiling because knew he would not make it through?" That is the eternal question. ;)

El Dobro
01-08-04, 07:09 PM
And then there's the chase with that Aston Martin in Goldfinger.

Deep Sleep
01-08-04, 09:20 PM
I won't argue that Bud, I think it's the movie that got me into musclecars even before I knew there were musclecars! You and I are old enough to remember all these cars in high school, eh? I regret selling the '69 red Charger I had in HS, and I really wish I had a new computer with scanner so I could post it here!! :mad:

Anyway, do you remember the ending, as he tries to drive through the plows on those caterpillars? Remember how he smiled just before he died? Well, I guess the big question for VP was, "Was he smiling because he thought he could make it through?" or "Was he smiling because knew he would not make it through?" That is the eternal question. ;)

Me and my dad went and saw VP, We talked about the ending of that show on the way home. I thought the smile at the end was the drivers way of saying "catch me now". My dad said that he was just a loser taking the easy way out. :bonkers:
I had a red 69 charger in high school also, Mine was only packing a 318 cid. I also wish I hadn't sold it when I was 'enlisted' into the army :crying2:.
Remember a movie that had 'John Boy Walton'( I think his real name is Richerd Thomes) Where he steals a guys race car and leads the cops on a while chase. All to empress some dumb ass blond chick. I remember that in the film the cops hire the other race cars to catch him. So what happens in the end? He gets to become a race car driver, In real life we get to go to jail. :cookoo:

El Dobro
01-08-04, 10:26 PM
Wasn't that movie Eat My Dust starring Ron Howard?

Deep Sleep
01-08-04, 11:16 PM
Wasn't that movie Eat My Dust starring Ron Howard?

Yea, thats it. Ron Howard, How the hell did I get him mixed up with Richard Thomes. :cookoo: Still one damn funny film.

Ralph
01-09-04, 12:09 AM
Me and my dad went and saw VP, We talked about the ending of that show on the way home. I thought the smile at the end was the drivers way of saying "catch me now". My dad said that he was just a loser taking the easy way out. :bonkers:
I had a red 69 charger in high school also, Mine was only packing a 318 cid. I also wish I hadn't sold it when I was 'enlisted' into the army :crying2:.
Remember a movie that had 'John Boy Walton'( I think his real name is Richerd Thomes) Where he steals a guys race car and leads the cops on a while chase. All to empress some dumb ass blond chick. I remember that in the film the cops hire the other race cars to catch him. So what happens in the end? He gets to become a race car driver, In real life we get to go to jail. :cookoo:

You and your dad went to see VP, so you mean the original? or the 1996 remake? The remake was pretty good also, they got a restored Challenger, and they made note that it was a hemi, and showed it also.

Dang, you are like my twin, I was in the Army too, but the Canadian Army, so it doesn't really count, eh? :histeric: :dammit: Mine had the 383, and it hauled pretty good! My friend Bernie in 1987 had a BEAUTIFUL 1970 Charger 500 in blue speckle paint (med-dark blue) with mags in the back and matching skinnies in front. He had the 383 also but a performance cam in it that sounded great! Very lumpy and I would laugh every time he came up my street cause my stepdad would get mad that all the neighbours would know he was coming and point! :histeric:

I'm not sure about your John-Boy movie, but has anyone seen Death Race 2000? I think it was 1975, with Sly Stallone about futuristic scenario of trying to hit people to get points!! David Carridene was in it also. It was great when you are 10, but a bit corny today if you saw it.

Deep Sleep
01-09-04, 12:25 AM
You and your dad went to see VP, so you mean the original? or the 1996 remake? The remake was pretty good also, they got a restored Challenger, and they made note that it was a hemi, and showed it also.

Dang, you are like my twin, I was in the Army too, but the Canadian Army, so it doesn't really count, eh? :histeric: :dammit: Mine had the 383, and it hauled pretty good! My friend Bernie in 1987 had a BEAUTIFUL 1970 Charger 500 in blue speckle paint (med-dark blue) with mags in the back and matching skinnies in front. He had the 383 also but a performance cam in it that sounded great! Very lumpy and I would laugh every time he came up my street cause my stepdad would get mad that all the neighbours would know he was coming and point! :histeric:

I'm not sure about your John-Boy movie, but has anyone seen Death Race 2000? I think it was 1975, with Sly Stallone about futuristic scenario of trying to hit people to get points!! David Carridene was in it also. It was great when you are 10, but a bit corny today if you saw it.

I was in the process of getting a 440 police intercepter car for the running gear but ended up selling the car when I enlisted. Went through a couple of other rides before I ended up with my 79 camaro that I owned for about 10 years. My alltime fav ride, Built 350 4 bolt.
Yea, Me and dad saw the original. After that it was like cars became life. Eat,sleep,s**t gears you know. Got a little old school project getting togeather for summer :sneaky: .
Hey, what about MAD MAX. The original Aussi one. It was cool.The John-boy movie was Eat my dust with Ron Howard.

Deep Sleep
01-09-04, 12:54 AM
Wait, You mean Canada has a military :histeric: ?
Wow, Learn something new everyday :histeric:
Hope there better than ours is :histeric:

Ralph
01-09-04, 01:07 AM
LOL!

We have quite a military history with a lot of interesting facts, check this out.

durtydan.paintballresource.org

then under "Canadian Corner"

then under "Canadian Accomplishments"

I guarentee, this is an interesting site, especially for you Yanks!!

Ralph
01-09-04, 01:23 AM
I was in the process of getting a 440 police intercepter car for the running gear but ended up selling the car when I enlisted. Went through a couple of other rides before I ended up with my 79 camaro that I owned for about 10 years. My alltime fav ride, Built 350 4 bolt.
Yea, Me and dad saw the original. After that it was like cars became life. Eat,sleep,s**t gears you know. Got a little old school project getting togeather for summer :sneaky: .
Hey, what about MAD MAX. The original Aussi one. It was cool.The John-boy movie was Eat my dust with Ron Howard.

I really like the styling of the second gen. Camaros. Remember the 1980 & 1981 Cowl Induction, pretty cool like the 1970 SS Chevelle.

As for Mad Max, I own all three, and I heard they are making a 4th right now. My fav is Road Warrior. Funny thing about the first Aussie one, it's pretty obvious they tried to make it look like it was filmed in the U.S. despite the right-hand drive cars. I remember in HS, everyone said his black supercharged car was a 1973 Mustang, WRONG it was an Australian brand (I cannot remember the name now) and I heard it had an American engine in it?

Deep Sleep
01-09-04, 01:32 AM
LOL!

We have quite a military history with a lot of interesting facts, check this out.

durtydan.paintballresource.org

then under "Canadian Corner"

then under "Canadian Accomplishments"

I guarentee, this is an interesting site, especially for you Yanks!!

Cool site dude, But whats a yank?? :histeric: Back in the day, before I was 21 we used to run up to B.C. so we could party up with them cunuk girls for the weekend. :bouncy:

Deep Sleep
01-09-04, 01:40 AM
I really like the styling of the second gen. Camaros. Remember the 1980 & 1981 Cowl Induction, pretty cool like the 1970 SS Chevelle.

As for Mad Max, I own all three, and I heard they are making a 4th right now. My fav is Road Warrior. Funny thing about the first Aussie one, it's pretty obvious they tried to make it look like it was filmed in the U.S. despite the right-hand drive cars. I remember in HS, everyone said his black supercharged car was a 1973 Mustang, WRONG it was an Australian brand (I cannot remember the name now) and I heard it had an American engine in it?
The 78-81 is my fav year camaro, Not to hot stock. But just drop in the good old 350 with some heavy mods :cool: and then hunt your self down some 2.41 gears for the diff and you got one hella top-end machine for freeway flying. Did alot of suspension mods also.
Your right about it not being a mustang, It was a aussi ford product. F'n aussi always get the fun stuff.What you think about the early 80s Maibus?

Ralph
01-09-04, 01:42 AM
Cool site dude, But whats a yank?? :histeric: Back in the day, before I was 21 we used to run up to B.C. so we could party up with them cunuk girls for the weekend. :bouncy:

Geez! So that's why there are no nice Canuk girls left, all you Yanks took their virtues away!! :tongue2: I understand why you would want our women, they are the most beautiful after all!! :D I like Natasha Henstridge!! (the blonde from "Species") She is from Alberta, and typical of the women up here. :nyanya:

Deep Sleep
01-09-04, 01:50 AM
Geez! So that's why there are no nice Canuk girls left, all you Yanks took their virtues away!! :tongue2: I understand why you would want our women, they are the most beautiful after all!! :D I like Natasha Henstridge!! (the blonde from "Species") She is from Alberta, and typical of the women up here. :nyanya:

Naw, We got hot women down here. Except that they where for the most part to uptight. People in B.C. just seemed alot more laid back and fun :bouncy: . Like when I was in Germany :bouncy: . To many people here just to wound up. :cookoo: :bonkers:

Ralph
01-09-04, 01:52 AM
The 78-81 is my fav year camaro, Not to hot stock. But just drop in the good old 350 with some heavy mods :cool: and then hunt your self down some 2.41 gears for the diff and you got one hella top-end machine for freeway flying. Did alot of suspension mods also.
Your right about it not being a mustang, It was a aussi ford product. F'n aussi always get the fun stuff.What you think about the early 80s Maibus?

I don't know about the Malibu's, they just don't excite me (like Natasha :tongue2: ) I find the interiors kinda boring, but they are light, and there are a tonne of mods for the 350 that make it a killer sleeper in disguise. My dad has a minty 1979 light brown Nova "Custom" but alas, it is a 4 door. :disappoin He has had a lot of people ask him about it as he really takes good care of all his cars, and I bet if it was a 2 door, it would tripple the value. Smokey and the Bandit got me into the Trans Ams, and I always wanted one. Another guy I worked with (late 80's) used to have an early 1970's Camaro with a 327 (not original) and he would go out at dinnertime when we were at work, floor-it, and the front end would be exactly where the back bumper was! That 327 sure could rev! And I've still never heard an engine scream like a woman before, and I prob never will again! :worship:

Ralph
01-09-04, 01:58 AM
Naw, We got hot women down here. Except that they where for the most part to uptight. People in B.C. just seemed alot more laid back and fun :bouncy: . Like when I was in Germany :bouncy: . To many people here just to wound up. :cookoo: :bonkers:

There must be something to that, because my buddy from China says they were going to originally move to the States, but everyone is "rushed" or "always in a hurry?" Oh well, just buy a Canuk chick a case of Molson Canadian, and a pack of DuMauriers and they are yours forever. :D

I think we were supposed to be talkin' about movies or something on this thread, I think we kinda hijacked it, oops.

Deep Sleep
01-09-04, 02:37 AM
There must be something to that, because my buddy from China says they were going to originally move to the States, but everyone is "rushed" or "always in a hurry?" Oh well, just buy a Canuk chick a case of Molson Canadian, and a pack of DuMauriers and they are yours forever. :D

I think we were supposed to be talkin' about movies or something on this thread, I think we kinda hijacked it, oops.

Well to keep everyone happy then I have to mention the movie cannon ball run, Had a nice little shelby cobra. Some good run sceans in it.
I know so many people here that are always hurryin or rushing around to get stuff done. So busy that they don't have time to enjoy life :cookoo: . Sucky :bonkers: . Thats why I started my own bussiness,Best thing I ever did :coolgleam.
I got me a 83 malibu wagon striped and gutted race car style. Planning on droping in a 500 cid cad with a turbo 400 trans. Semi-sleeper style street racer. My little 'sledgehammer'.Beware oh ye ricers :histeric: :histeric:
Just cant get myself to cut up my caddies :worship:

ShadowLvr400
01-09-04, 08:33 AM
Bleh, the gen 2 camaro's? No thanks. I'll take the gen 3 Irocs styling, or a gen 1 Camaro. Gen 2 is ok, but definately not as nice looking as gen 1 and 3. But, YMMV.

Mad'lac
01-09-04, 10:30 AM
Here is the Mad Max car. It's a Austrailian Ford Falcon XA Coupe
http://www.aussiexport.com/graphics/carpics/forsale/madmax/interceptor4.jpg

Deep Sleep
01-09-04, 08:36 PM
Here is the Mad Max car. It's a Austrailian Ford Falcon XA Coupe
http://www.aussiexport.com/graphics/carpics/forsale/madmax/interceptor4.jpg

Looks like a cross between a maverick and a torino :histeric: . And what about the toggle switch for the supercharger?? Always wonderd how that worked.

Deep Sleep
01-09-04, 08:44 PM
Bleh, the gen 2 camaro's? No thanks. I'll take the gen 3 Irocs styling, or a gen 1 Camaro. Gen 2 is ok, but definately not as nice looking as gen 1 and 3. But, YMMV.

Gen 2 Camaros rocked man, Once you dumped the stock engines that they came with. I loved mine :worship: . To me they where like the last of the real camaros.You where lucky, You did'nt have to come of age during the van/cb craze :cookoo: :histeric:

ShadowLvr400
01-09-04, 09:23 PM
Referring to CB radio's? I've picked out a spot in my caddy for one... it'd fit in below my head unit.

Deep Sleep
01-09-04, 10:32 PM
Referring to CB radio's? I've picked out a spot in my caddy for one... it'd fit in below my head unit.

10-4 good buddy :histeric: Yea, that be it. Havent seen one for years except for a trucker friend of mine. She uses her on the road. Something about those 'bears' :histeric:

CoupeDevilleRob
01-10-04, 01:24 PM
The French Connection is my favorite car chase, Gene Hackman even did some of his own driving. Eventhough it was sort of a fantasy, the Blues Brothers was pretty cool too. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Risky Business, with the 75 Coupe and the Porsche.

FastCTS
01-14-04, 06:33 PM
Everyone I was involved in during my 35 years as a street cop, in patrol units and motors was a kick in the butt. :coolgleam

The last one I was involved with I was on my motor, 3rd police vehicle back from robbery suspects. When they exited the 91 Freeway they lost control on the shoulder. All I could see was the patrol unit ahead of me entering a cloud of dust. When I started down the off ramp the suspect's car came out of the dust cloud right at me. Well needless to say my pucker factor engaged and I quickly turned to the right and they missed me.

A couple of months later I went to a fellow officer's funeral on my motor. That was the last official thing I did. Made up my mind then and there it was my time to retire, I wanted to enjoy life while I still could. Between my CTS and Harley I'm having a ball.
Brian

Vesicant
01-14-04, 06:57 PM
Alright, probably a repeat, but im going to have to vote for Ronin and Bullitt..

Ronin: Doing a high speed chase down the opposite side of the freeway,
totally awesome.. and they mixed just the right engine sound in with it all too. Nice touch with the mid 90's M5 too, and the Audi A6 with nos.

Bullitt: Has to be the hubcaps spinning off constantly, and them re-appearing again on the car. Also , racing up the streets of san-fransisco is hard to do with all that change in elevation and road levels. Not to mention the sound of that literally shoved in 428 Mustang V8 (the up and downshift sounds are sooo incredible also) "Classic" :bouncy: :yup: :bouncy:

Ralph
01-15-04, 12:44 AM
Alright, probably a repeat, but im going to have to vote for Ronin and Bullitt..

Ronin: Doing a high speed chase down the opposite side of the freeway,
totally awesome.. and they mixed just the right engine sound in with it all too. Nice touch with the mid 90's M5 too, and the Audi A6 with nos.

Bullitt: Has to be the hubcaps spinning off constantly, and them re-appearing again on the car. Also , racing up the streets of san-fransisco is hard to do with all that change in elevation and road levels. Not to mention the sound of that literally shoved in 428 Mustang V8 (the up and downshift sounds are sooo incredible also) "Classic" :bouncy: :yup: :bouncy:

I agree about Ronin also.

I'll try to clear up some myths about the movie Bullitt. Back in 2001, I heavily researched the movie, the 1968 GT Fastback, and the 2001 Highland Green remake of the car because I was within a few thousand of buying one. The dealer just wouldn't go down!

According to "Mustang Monthly" Oct. 2001, the Mustangs used for the 1968 movie were in fact equipted with the 390 engine, "the most powerful engine on the option sheet at the time." A famous car tuner named Max Balchowski was given the task of coaxing more out of the stock engines. (I believe he did the Challengers on VP as well)

THOSE PIPES: "In order to give the car a more throaty growl, Balchowski simply removed the stock transverse muffler ahead of the factory dual glass-pack resonators. Then crude tailpipes were attatched to the resonators and run out back under the valance. No fancy tips, just bare pipe."

"But wait, why is that Mustang so darn loud during the high-speed scenes? It goes from a mellow burble as Bullitt first leaves the carwash, to a decidely louder roar later on in the chase. A little sound-editing magic, folks. The sound you hear may not have come from that fastback at after all."

"Word has it that a Ford GT-40 was recorded at speed and its sound was dubbed over McQueens car in the editing room. That would explain the harsher, uncorked sound. It also explains why the Mustang seemed to double-clutch upshift so many times (the GT-40 used a five speed racing transmission). Ponder the possibility for yourself the next time you watch the chase."

I wish I could scan this, I got more, but I must mention what happened to the 2 cars they used for the movie!

The article continues: "Of the two Mustangs used in the film, only one survives today. The primary car that was used in the jump sequences was badly damaged during filming. Since the cars belonged to Ford, apparently that one was shipped back to Dearborn to meet the crusher. Some may cringe at the thought of such a famous car being tossed aside instead of being preserved for enthusiasts. But remember at the time it was just considered a bash-up car. Ford dealer lots were full of brand-new GT fastbacks, why would anybody want one that was so mangled? Plus, the liability issue."

"The second car or back up car that hadn't recieved nearly the same beating was sold to a studio employee. That fastback had been used for pickup shots and other low-speed duty. After changing hands several times, Bullitt Mustang number 2 ended up in New Jersey, where it racked up a few more miles, but then it was parked and fell into near disrepair. In the mid 1990's, the car was transported to the South where the long-time owner had relocated. Unfortuantely that owner isn't willing to share the car with the public. Numerous requests throughout the years for photos have been met with a firm "NO." Even Steve himself could not get the car back! In the late 70's he contacted the owner, only to meet the same response."

There is much more and no room to type it here!

themind
01-19-04, 07:33 AM
Electric clutch connected to the drive belt on the front of the engine?
Like what you have on any AC unit. That'd do it.

Though how the car'd pull enough air through that charger without the
blades spinnin . . .

-Dirk R.

Looks like a cross between a maverick and a torino :histeric: . And what about the toggle switch for the supercharger?? Always wonderd how that worked.

themind
01-19-04, 07:34 AM
Bourne Identity. The chase scene with the Mini was . . .

Well done.

-Dirk R.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-19-04, 12:27 PM
Electric clutch connected to the drive belt on the front of the engine?
Like what you have on any AC unit. That'd do it.

Though how the car'd pull enough air through that charger without the
blades spinnin . . .

-Dirk R.

same way the late 80s MR2 did it , intake air bypass valve to take air in when the blower clutch was not engaged

Vesicant
01-19-04, 03:11 PM
I feel violated.. to know that that sound was dubbed over :crying: :(