: We Should Have A Sticker!!

Pages : [1] 2

LittleB
02-16-06, 06:53 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed in the passed, and I know it is sort of lame, but...WE SHOULD HAVE A STICKER!!:thumbsup: :bouncy: Everytime I am driving and I see another Cadillac I always wonder if they are a member here. Wouldn't it be kind of cool to have a sticker that said "Member of CF" or "Cadillac Forums" with some cool picture, or with the caddy symbol. We could put it in our windows (because god knows I will not put a bumber sticker on my car!) It could be one of those things that clings to the window (like a sticker, but not, so that there won't be any damage done). Anyway, YES I am bored, and it was just a thought....

:)

mccombie_5
02-16-06, 06:59 PM
Agreed, although Im not sure what use / reason id have for it in the UK :D

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-06, 07:02 PM
yea i do the same thing, like if i see someone in a new dts, or a modded cts im always wondering, used to be the same thing with impalas caprices etc and impalassforum.com

i agree we should have a sticker, im sure we could get one made but it would cost something

LittleB
02-16-06, 07:04 PM
I had stickers made for my boyfriend and all of his friends for their quads. It didn't cost much at all. At the same time it might be a way for Sal to get some more $$ for the site? I dunno.

gary88
02-16-06, 07:05 PM
That would be pretty neat, I would like it if it were about 5"x3" (or somewhere around that) and I could just put it in the corner of my window. In large letters it would say cadillacforums.com, and in smaller text under it it could have your member name.

LittleB
02-16-06, 07:08 PM
Yeah that sounds nice, ya know just something small that we would all recognize etc.

Lord Cadillac
02-16-06, 07:08 PM
Believe me, I'm always curious the same way. Whenever I see another Cadillac on the road - I wonder if that person has been to - or visits daily - the site.. We'd have a sticker already if we could use the Cadillac logo without me going to prison. :p

If somebody can come up with something nice that people would actually put on their window somewhere - I'd get it going...

LittleB
02-16-06, 07:12 PM
Believe me, I'm always curious the same way. Whenever I see another Cadillac on the road - I wonder if that person has been to - or visits daily - the site.. We'd have a sticker already if we could use the Cadillac logo without me going to prison. :p

If somebody can come up with something nice that people would actually put on their window somewhere - I'd get it going...

Oh yeah I didn't think about the Caddy logo being a problem LOL. It would be nice though to have some sort of picture/logo/graffic. I think it's a great idea, although just because someone doesn't put the sticker on their window doesn't mean they aren't a member here LOL

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-06, 07:17 PM
true but if you saw the sticker youd know for sure

im goin home tonite and i will try to work something up

im sure i can tweak the logo to avoid problems, i mean look at how much stuff is out the that copies the logo....

ill be firing up photoshop tonight

LittleB
02-16-06, 07:19 PM
I will try to think of stuff too. The logo could even be CF in some nice letters or something. Where it says the full web address though it would be nice to have it in the Cadillac Script :D

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-06, 07:30 PM
i think i'd like for it to be something along the lines of

(caddy logo variation)CadillacForums.com (<---cadillac script)

something very very simple

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-06, 07:31 PM
ill "vectorize" it too ( or watever you call it) so it can be resized infinitely without losing its integrity

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-06, 07:31 PM
I'm all up for this!

Great Idea B!

The same sort of design as the 4.9 sticker on my intake (and on my avatar) like have the Cadillac Logo in the center, and "www.cadillacforums.com" around the perimeter. And maybe your user name around somewhere.

LittleB
02-16-06, 07:34 PM
i think i'd like for it to be something along the lines of

(caddy logo variation)CadillacForums.com (<---cadillac script)

something very very simple

Yeah simple is good...just a nice clean look!

I'm all up for this!

Great Idea B!

The same sort of design as the 4.9 sticker on my intake (and on my avatar) like have the Cadillac Logo in the center, and "www.cadillacforums.com" around the perimeter. And maybe your user name around somewhere.

Thanks! Yeah I like that design in your avatar! That's a nice idea too!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-06, 07:36 PM
Nothing bigger than like 4"x4"

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-06, 07:38 PM
Nothing bigger than like 4"x4"

aww i was thinkin ricey as hell too, i was gonna have one that started at the front driver headlight, wrapped onto the hood/roof trunk and ended up at the passenger taillight,

why do you think i wanted to vectorize?

LittleB
02-16-06, 07:40 PM
aww i was thinkin ricey as hell too, i was gonna have one that started at the front driver headlight, wrapped onto the hood/roof trunk and ended up at the passenger taillight,

:histeric: HAHA! The bigger we make the sticker the faster it will make us go!! Didn't ya know all those ricer stickers add horsepower?! :bigroll:

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-06, 07:43 PM
exactly, and since mine is a big sleepy deville, and i cant afford to get mark99sts and his crew to hook me up yet, i wanted this easy horsepower!

Sandy
02-16-06, 07:43 PM
CADILLAC FORUMS.COM just like at the top of this page.
White on black background

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-06, 07:44 PM

I hope to god you're kidding! :eek:

I just want a little one that goes in the bottom of my driver's side rear window.

Nothing too flashy, nothing that will draw attention and make my car look juvenile. Just something classy, and subtle.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-06, 07:48 PM
ok so im bout to leave the office, right after i submit this post, ill be at work till a lil after 9, then ill go home and work on it a lil bit, if i get somethin i like ill save it to my phone via data cable, bring it back to the office and post it up, and we'll all keep doing that until we get something we like, of course the designs will have to be monochrome since the stickers/vinyls will most likely be white.

also, once we decide (vote) on the perfect candidate we should take it a step further and see who all is interested by makin somethin like a "sign up" thread, just so noone spends valuable time or resources gettin a bunch of stickers made that end up sitting in a closet

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-06, 07:49 PM
I hope to god you're kidding! :eek:

I just want a little one that goes in the bottom of my driver's side rear window.

Nothing too flashy, nothing that will draw attention and make my car look juvenile. Just something classy, and subtle.

i kno haha im kidding

i was thinkin lower drivers side rear window corner (back glass)....if that makes sense

OffThaHorseCEO
02-16-06, 07:49 PM
ok for real now im leaving, no net till tomorrow about 9 o clock

LittleB
02-16-06, 07:51 PM
CADILLAC FORUMS.COM just like at the top of this page.
White on black background

I was thinking white on clear, or whatever color your car is on clear? Might look nicer.

LittleB
02-16-06, 07:52 PM
ok so im bout to leave the office, right after i submit this post, ill be at work till a lil after 9, then ill go home and work on it a lil bit, if i get somethin i like ill save it to my phone via data cable, bring it back to the office and post it up, and we'll all keep doing that until we get something we like, of course the designs will have to be monochrome since the stickers/vinyls will most likely be white.

also, once we decide (vote) on the perfect candidate we should take it a step further and see who all is interested by makin somethin like a "sign up" thread, just so noone spends valuable time or resources gettin a bunch of stickers made that end up sitting in a closet

Yeah definitely. Let's get the design first (and thanks for volunteering by the way) and then after we decide we will make a sign up thread.

johndfw
02-16-06, 07:55 PM
We need a patch for jackets ect.. too.

LittleB
02-16-06, 07:57 PM
LOL! That's doing a little too much...at least for me anyways ;)

FastCTS
02-16-06, 08:10 PM
How about a "LittleB' for the antenna.

"LittleB=Ball" :)

LittleB
02-16-06, 08:12 PM
LOL!! :histeric:

Jesda
02-16-06, 08:18 PM
Throw something together at cafepress.com!

johndfw
02-16-06, 08:46 PM
Some of us guy who are going thru our midlife crissis like to wear jackets with patches while we ride our bikes. The more patches the better. I dont know where it started..........

Night Wolf
02-16-06, 08:52 PM
This has been talked about alot before....

a simple CadillacOwners.com in script would be perfect... Not too big, but enough to see, I'd like to stick it on my quarter panel window.

Since we can't use the wreath and crest... maybe just the wreath.... and make the O in Owners a wreath.

Either way, there is no need to use the logo... just the simple words :).

LittleB
02-16-06, 09:07 PM
Yeah I'd be happy with a logo and CadillacOwners.com, or a logo and CadillacForums.com, or simply either without the logo. I really don't care, just something would be nice!

Night Wolf
02-16-06, 09:11 PM
Cafepress was a good idea...

here is something quick I came up with... this is what I had in mind (minus the wreath).. and it dosn't fit the whole sticker, but it can be cut down I guess... as it is now, the image height isn't that tall...

Plus, a clear vinyl or something would be the best... but its the basic idea....

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&number=47952732

slk230mb
02-16-06, 09:12 PM
Come on, we definately need to get this off the ground this time. I want something for the upper left of my back windshield. I have my college along the middle in the bottom and a band logo in the upper right, just need to balance the left.

LittleB
02-16-06, 09:26 PM
Cafepress was a good idea...

here is something quick I came up with... this is what I had in mind (minus the wreath).. and it dosn't fit the whole sticker, but it can be cut down I guess... as it is now, the image height isn't that tall...

Plus, a clear vinyl or something would be the best... but its the basic idea....

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&number=47952732

Yeah that's nice! :thumbsup: Very simple and clean. I would still like to see what something would look like with a little logo but if nothing else, I like that.

slk230mb
02-16-06, 09:29 PM
I like Sandy's idea of this image:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/images/cadillac.gif

Colors inverted of course.

Edit - Like this:

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/cadillac.gif

davesdeville
02-16-06, 09:34 PM
Cafepress is overpriced and they keep entirely too much of the money.

Racingsouthwest.com is the only sticker on my car now, there's room for CadillacForums.com too (which I like the sound of better than CadillacOwners.com really)

http://racingsouthwest.com/images/newrsw.gif
That's the RSW sticker, for inspiration.

I'd offer to go through the same company that makes the RSW stickers but I don't think you guys want me handling money.

FSU_Noles
02-16-06, 09:47 PM
When I lived in Oklahoma City, and when I had a Corvette, this was our club sticker...

It was done in a number of colors to match the car, red, white, black, silver, etc... but always 1 color for the entire sticker. It was about 4x4" so not too big and blended in nicely.

DopeStar 156
02-16-06, 09:52 PM

I submitted some pics to you before we changed over to Cadillac Owners for something because this came up before and nothing ever got made. I'll put them back up here....

LittleB
02-16-06, 09:52 PM
It would be cool to have the CadillacOwners.com in script (like above) and then have this logo under it or something...or the V part of it under and the shield thingy on top....I just think this logo is reaaaally classy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/logo.jpg

LittleB
02-16-06, 10:42 PM
I submitted some pics to you before we changed over to Cadillac Owners for something because this came up before and nothing ever got made. I'll put them back up here....

I like the third one A LOT!!!!! Only thing I would change is making it the same font as the CadillacOwners.com at the top of the page. Also the I'd made the background clear. I like!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/logo2.jpg

But inverted. When I tried to invert it would only change the CadillacOwners.com writing..not the rest of it.

slk230mb
02-16-06, 10:58 PM
Like this, but cleaner?

LittleB
02-16-06, 11:02 PM
Like this, but cleaner?

Yeah! I like that a lot! It would be cool to have a crown in there somewhere too!

Florian
02-16-06, 11:42 PM
What about one of those little white circles with CF.C in it?

F

Florian
02-16-06, 11:43 PM
You should contact Wildwhl over on CTS-V forum, hes a printer and could do this for minimal cost.

F

DaveDeVille
02-17-06, 12:00 AM
I like the first one Dopestar did with the wreath and the Cady script.

Lord Cadillac
02-17-06, 01:42 AM
Thank you. We'll contact Wildwhl once we have something solid.

IT MUST BE CADILLACOWNERS.COM and not CADILLACFORUMS.COM. By the time somebody gets home, cadillacforums.com turns into cadillacforms.com and all kinds of other domain names - cadillacowners.com is something much harder to forget (believe me - I've been whoring out the name of this site for over 3 years now).

Personally, I think the sticker should be CLEAR with WHITE graphics/lettering. This way, it can be placed anywhere on a window and be seen. If the graphics/text is black, you'll bearly see it on a window during the day - forget the night...

I like the idea of using the image in our top left corner. But, of course, we should all agree on what we decide to use... In my experience, CafePress is a nice way to get started - but their quality is low.. Let's see what Wildwhl can do for us once we finalize an image...

DopeStar 156
02-17-06, 02:08 AM
Ok, I changed the URL on the images.

Jesda
02-17-06, 02:22 AM
I suggest using a bold clear font instead of the typical Cadillac logo style. It needs to be sharp and visible from 10-15 feet.

DopeStar 156
02-17-06, 03:12 AM
Well yeah but these are things you'd do up in printing and not the original design. those are just prototypes.

davesdeville
02-17-06, 04:26 AM
Too bad we can't steal the new V logo, that would be cool on a sticker.

Sandy
02-17-06, 10:58 AM
Since my Sixty Special is in storage 8 months of the year, and "out in the wild" { public roads } 4 months a year, and THEN only once a week, or like 16 times a year on public roads, would it be okay to put this sticker on my daily driver, the '03 Town Car?:thepan:

I would STILL stick with CadillacOwners.com not too large - but it would be cool to offer it in a few colors so some people could color-match to their car. Red on Clear, blue on clear, green on clear, black on clear would be a good start. Cadillac "V" s & wreaths and or wreaths & crests can be getting into trademark infringements, etc, etc. With the CadillacOwners.com I'd go no more than 4 inches L O N G and no more than 2 inches in height. More is overkill & guady. (Okay, I've siad before, that I tend to like gaudy, but not in this case.)

DopeStar 156
02-17-06, 11:06 AM
The V's and Wreaths aren't trademarked. I've seen those symbols on tons of other things.

FSU_Noles
02-17-06, 11:20 AM
The "stickers" should not have a back. They should be the outside type rub-on decal - IMHO. I would not put a old bumper sticker style on my car anywhere (window or not), as any backing will start to discolor and look really bad.

Should look like these type decals...where only the black (or whatever color) transfers.

http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/sp0351.gif

slk230mb
02-17-06, 12:18 PM
Yea, definatley the rub on type. And if not that, a clear blackground, with white text. Someone should start a poll once we get more submissions.

LittleB
02-17-06, 01:07 PM
Yeah that sounds great! Either white, or other colors on CLEAR or the rub on type (which would be awesome). Yeah as soon as we get more designs I will start a poll and we will see which one gets the most votes. I think Offthehorseceo is designing some stuff...

Kev
02-17-06, 01:45 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/images/cadillac.gif

I say keep it as simple as possible. Use this as others
have suggested, white letters, clear background. Clean,
neat, to the point.

There are too many models to consider
other graphics. If we use a V logo then we are singling
out one model above the rest. Keep it universal to all
Cadillacs and everyone will be included.

It's about the site and the brand.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-17-06, 02:21 PM
hey you guys, i apologize but i did not get a chance to do any work last night. i have been tryin to get to bed by 11 lately, since i have to be at work at 8:30, well some personal things came up which caused me to be on the phone from like 905 till after 12, and messed my whole mood up, im still in a funk today.

i will have somethin tho, in the meantime all the other submissions and ideas look very promising

DaveSmed
02-17-06, 04:17 PM
Didn't there used to be CadillacForums.com license plate frames? Anyway a username option would be cool too, as seen here: https://secure.rely.net/ht-merch/images/ht_member_name.jpg

Lord Cadillac
02-17-06, 05:12 PM
The only issue with the stickons that go inside the window is - tint. Most of us have some sort of tint on our windows. No? If so, then the sticker would really be difficult to see...

LittleB
02-17-06, 05:24 PM
Oh I thought it went on the outside....yeah my windows are super dark so that wouldn't work.

nickc50310
02-17-06, 05:26 PM
Ok heres my idea. I just made this in about 2 minutes with MSPaint. We could make it with photoshop to use better (yet legible) text. In photoshop it could be made perfect (all centered perfectly and what not). Agin this is just something I thought of off the top of my head right quick.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/nickc50310/cflogo.jpg

OffThaHorseCEO
02-17-06, 05:41 PM
thats pretty good! i was thinkin along the same lines, but still using the shield outline, except with cf in the middle

also, the more colors in a print, the more $$$ it costs to print...

LittleB
02-17-06, 05:55 PM
Yeah that's nice....it's gotta be CadillacOwners.com though. I like that and I like OffthahorseCEO's idea with using the same thing bu t having the shield outline with CF or CO in the middle. Nice :thumbsup:

nickc50310
02-17-06, 06:13 PM
agreed! Ill make somethin up in photoshop this week end. Ill throw the shield in there also. if we use it cool, if not no biggie. ill be pretty bored in my GFs dorm room while shes at work.

PS, I got Bad by Michael Jackson playin on Sirius right now, LMAO!!!

LittleB
02-17-06, 06:15 PM
Awesome!

OffThaHorseCEO
02-17-06, 07:41 PM
michael jackson is the man, i dont see why people hate on him so bad....

i got unlimited easy edge added to my phone now so i can be online from home using my celly, so ill be posting up some concepts k?

(as of now im in the office tho...no photoshop)

LittleB
02-17-06, 07:45 PM
You don't see why they hate on Whacko Jacko so bad? LOOK AT HIM! Look what he has been accused of also LOL....now the music is a different story, props to him for that (not my taste really but he has done some great things).

OffThaHorseCEO
02-17-06, 08:14 PM
ok so hes a little eccentric,

and hes loaded, and id like to emphasize that in your post you said accused of not found guilty of.....

yea hes weird and i wouldnt trust my kids around him, but then again i wouldnt trust my kids in a bed with any grown man.

LittleB
02-17-06, 09:52 PM
ok so hes a little eccentric,

and hes loaded, and id like to emphasize that in your post you said accused of not found guilty of.....

yea hes weird and i wouldnt trust my kids around him, but then again i wouldnt trust my kids in a bed with any grown man.

I said "accused" because I didn't want people to get all upset, but just like you said, kids being in bed with a grown man is just not right. :nono:

OffThaHorseCEO
02-18-06, 02:12 AM
word

heres concepts 1 and 2

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/logocopy2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/logocopy.jpg

OffThaHorseCEO
02-18-06, 02:13 AM
quick concepts i didnt bother to clean up the lines until i can get some feed back on it

LittleB
02-18-06, 02:58 AM
I like both!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :highfive: They look great!!

davesdeville
02-18-06, 08:23 AM
I prefer the latter.

The member name thing would be cool, but I'd have to get my member name changed. I'm not too fond of this name I picked like 2.5 years ago.

Boombotz
02-18-06, 08:55 AM
word

heres concepts 1 and 2

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/logocopy.jpg

I like them both also. I think I like the first one a little bit more just because it's so diffrent. I agree with Dave though the member name was a good thing to have on there.

Jonas McFeely
02-18-06, 03:52 PM
Im totally down with the sticker idea.I'd go as far as to throw down some loot to get it started.Gotta represent the best place for cadillac information on the web.Also i need a sticker to replace the "GAS SLUT" one thats on window of my fleetwood now.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-19-06, 01:04 AM
hurry up on these damn stickers !!!!

LittleB
02-19-06, 01:40 AM
hurry up on these damn stickers !!!!

Hey Hey now....:tisk: be patient ;) :D

LittleB
02-20-06, 01:00 PM
So are we done for designing....it doesn't look like anyone else is working on anything....?

Lord Cadillac
02-20-06, 02:19 PM
Isn't #2's "crest" basically the same as Cadillac's? I'm not sure we can use that. Also, the text is going to be white on clear, correct?

I like the username idea but I have a feeling it'll cost a LOT more per sticker. Reason being, there will need to be a new "mold" (or whatever it's called) for each sticker...

DaveSmed
02-20-06, 03:41 PM
I dunno, check out the knock off center caps that are on sale on ebay from time to time, they push the limit pretty hard.

Also, you could make it optional as far as the username. The sticker I linked to cost $5 more per sticker than the plain ones. (each package includes two stickers) https://secure.rely.net/ht-merch/merch.php

slk230mb
02-20-06, 03:59 PM
Ehhh, I really don't like those 2 designs. They feature the old wreath, which isn't on my truck. Can we have multiple options for the stickers? I still like Cadillac Owners.com in script the best. Also I wouldn't want my user name up there, it really makes no sense having a name referencing a Mercedes on a Cadillac.

Lord Cadillac
02-20-06, 04:11 PM
I dunno, check out the knock off center caps that are on sale on ebay from time to time, they push the limit pretty hard.

You're right - but we have more to lose...

Kev
02-20-06, 04:21 PM
Isn't #2's "crest" basically the same as Cadillac's? I'm not sure we can use that. Also, the text is going to be white on clear, correct?

I like the username idea but I have a feeling it'll cost a LOT more per sticker. Reason being, there will need to be a new "mold" (or whatever it's called) for each sticker...I think you are right. Each sticker would be custom, how much would that cost? As opposed to buying bulk amounts of identical stickers. Personally, I'm not interested in having my user name on the sticker. If I sell the car I can keep the sticker on it and maybe the new owner will be interested in the site as a result. ? ?

Boombotz
02-20-06, 04:31 PM
It looks like from a link above w/o user name would run about $5. w/ username $10. Thats not bad.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-20-06, 06:15 PM
if i very slightly changed the angles and dimensions of the "crest" would that help? (i didnt in those "concepts".) also wat if we filled it with something like "co" or somethin like that
[quote]Isn't #2's "crest" basically the same as Cadillac's? I'm not sure we can use that.quote]

Lord Cadillac
02-20-06, 06:30 PM
I think we should stay away from the Crest altogether. These other companies/businesses using a Crest aren't Cadillac-related. And once it's done, there's no turning back. We can't have a crest...

Krashed989
02-20-06, 07:23 PM
I like DopeStar's idea the best.

Maybe do it like this though:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/Krashed989/sticker.jpg

Of course i would clean up the edges a bit though.

I don't really care if people can read it while im driving or not. I would rather not have huge boldface words imparing the style of my car.

DopeStar 156
02-20-06, 07:30 PM
Yeah me too! Haha. My whole idea was have three designs. The V for the older models, the old style wreath for the less older models, and the new wreath for the new wave of cars.

LittleB
02-20-06, 07:32 PM
I REALLY like that a lot Krashed!! :thumbsup:

The whole idea of the sticker is to be able to identify other people from here when driving, if we all have different stickers with different designs that might defeat the purpose LOL. Just my opinion but it's up to everyone.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-20-06, 08:45 PM
Hey Hey now....:tisk: be patient ;) :D
hey im useing up all my patence on that drop dead sexy girl that i keep babbleing about .....this love shit is bullshit ....:thepan:

im damn near ready to spearhead this sonofabitch and roll something out and do it on my own ......you all have 48 hours ....

Boombotz
02-20-06, 09:17 PM
I will be posting another idea in a few minutes

Boombotz
02-20-06, 09:59 PM
Here is just another idea to think about.

AlBundy
02-20-06, 10:07 PM
Not bad, Not bad at all.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-20-06, 10:23 PM
here is my idea , please note the black background represents your window ....it would be the font alone for hte sticker/decal

TSXBabe
02-20-06, 10:28 PM
Here is just another idea to think about.LONG TIME NO SPEAK>>> I like the sticker

Boombotz
02-20-06, 10:30 PM
Hi Amy. so you like my sticker idea. I just figured I would throw it out there.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-20-06, 10:31 PM
OH - MY- GOD

Amy how you been ?

TSXBabe
02-20-06, 10:31 PM
Hi Amy. so you like my sticker idea. I just figured I would throw it out there.HI Julie.. NOt bad. what is going on?

Boombotz
02-20-06, 10:34 PM
OH - MY- GOD

Amy how you been ?

She is coming to the meet!!!! Already took off from work.

TSXBabe
02-20-06, 10:34 PM
OH - MY- GOD

Amy how you been ?I have been working.. I am so tired I am going to bed early.. Just thought I wold say hi to some lost fellows

TSXBabe
02-20-06, 10:36 PM
She is coming to the meet!!!! Already took off from work.I will when the april schedule comes out. I am going to this one

TSXBabe
02-20-06, 10:38 PM
Stoney HOW HAVE U BEEN?

Stoneage_Caddy
02-20-06, 10:41 PM
Ive been great .....busy too ....kinda missing that brown eyed girl on the hood of my car LOL ....really tho ...lifes been pretty good lately ...chaseing a little blonde with limilited sucess ....shes a busy girl too ....yall keep too busy for ol stoney

Krashed989
02-21-06, 02:50 AM
I found it was a little easier to make it with the older crest.

Note that the black background represents your window. Also you could have it as a vynal decal. I would probably stick it to either my C or D pillar... or the outside of my window because I have tinted windows.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/Krashed989/sticker2.jpg

Boombotz
02-21-06, 09:02 AM
The only problem is that Sal wants to stay away from the crest all together. I came up with this and I think even this is to close to the crest. We need to come up with something completely away from the crest look. I will put my little mind to work.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-21-06, 10:08 AM
he said he wanted to stay away from the crest, not the wreath, so youre good.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-21-06, 10:09 AM
btw i like your design boombotz,

Boombotz
02-21-06, 10:26 AM
Good point! I am just wondering if he meant wreath because did we have anything yet with the crest?

OffThaHorseCEO
02-21-06, 11:54 AM
yea a couple, and he said it right after i posted mine which had a "variation" of the crest that actually was just the silhouette of the crest with the middle taken out of it

word

heres concepts 1 and 2

(#2)http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/logocopy.jpg

Isn't #2's "crest" basically the same as Cadillac's? I'm not sure we can use that...

Boombotz
02-21-06, 12:18 PM
I pm'd Sal and he was talking about the wreath. Here is what he said

Just the wreath.. Even the text we use to write-out "CadillacOwners.com" isn't the "actual" Cadillac text.. So we're safe there.. But the wreath, along with anything that says "Cadillac" could be dangerous..

So I guess that shots a lot of the designs down. We need to put in some mind thought on a design without using the wreath. Thanks for the compliment on my design though I appreciate it.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-21-06, 02:00 PM
youre welcome
dang, well in a way this is good, it forces us to be more creative than just stickin a logo and text on there, the designs were good IMO but i think we'll have even better ones now that we're more limited.

in a way the limitations are good because the stickers become more about the forums and less about Cadillac, and we ARE tryin to advertise for the forums right?

Boombotz
02-21-06, 04:08 PM
Here is one completly different.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-21-06, 04:51 PM

i like that, AND you kept the crest!

nice

Boombotz
02-21-06, 05:21 PM
i like that, AND you kept the crest!

nice

I think we are the only 2 looking at this still. Nobody has really posted any ideas or said much.:bigroll:

OffThaHorseCEO
02-21-06, 05:51 PM
yea i kinda thought that when i last posted

dbdartman
02-21-06, 08:17 PM
Been following this with interest & have a few suggestions.

About 3 years ago, one of the members of Moparts (I've been a mod there for 6 years) whipped up a whole mess of vinyl stickers (attached) in different colors; black, white, blue, yellow, purple, red, green, & orange. We used the board's logo, which uses the old Direct Connection arrows. Pictured is the white sticker on my brother's wagon rear door fixed window. Stickers are about 6" long & about 2.5" tall.

I suggest something like this, with Sal's logo at the top of the page, in colors; black, white, red, green (maybe more?). Done in vinyl, they will be inexpensive, easy to get done, easy to apply, easy to remove, & (IMHO) tasteful yet visible.

LittleB
02-21-06, 08:22 PM

I like what you did....I would like to see the C and O in some nicer lettering though. I really like with you did in the O...where you put cadillac owners.com and put the crest in the center. Very nice. The "standard of the www" writing on the bottom though looks a bit out of place.

Boombotz
02-21-06, 09:53 PM
I am surprised anyone even liked this. I just whipped it up. Here you go Little B! Some adjustments.

Kev
02-21-06, 09:58 PM
I hope I don't sound overly critical Julie, but that one kinda makes me feel a little sea sick...:ill:

LittleB
02-21-06, 10:34 PM
I am surprised anyone even liked this. I just whipped it up. Here you go Little B! Some adjustments.

I like that one a lot. If other people like this idea...but just don't agree on the font (*cough* Kev *cough* hehe :D) then maybe you could just try some different fonts...but I like it!

Great work :thumbsup: I really appreciate the time you are putting into this...it's great!

Boombotz
02-21-06, 11:51 PM
Here you guys go a little bit different font.:bouncy:

LittleB
02-21-06, 11:57 PM
I LOVE IT! :D :thumbsup: We got the script in there along with a CO logo...I am loving it, it's what I wanted LOL.....

C'mon where is the other input!!

Boombotz
02-22-06, 12:00 AM
Do you think the bottom lettering is to bold though?

LittleB
02-22-06, 12:02 AM
Not at all....it should be bold like that! I really like it...

Boombotz
02-22-06, 12:08 AM
Here is the same thing just a little bit different font on the bottom. I think it makes it clearer to read. What do you think?

LittleB
02-22-06, 12:13 AM
Oh yes, that actually does look a lot better!

Boombotz
02-22-06, 12:20 AM
Now we need opinions on if anyone else like it. Lets hear it people that includes you Kev....j/k

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 01:05 AM
So that CO is going to be our sites logo... like the basic design?

Not too bad....

I personally do not like "standard of the WWW" at the bottom... I'd rather is say Cadillac Owners in the script font stright across the bottom...

Boombotz
02-22-06, 01:17 AM
So that CO is going to be our sites logo... like the basic design?

Not too bad....

I personally do not like "standard of the WWW" at the bottom... I'd rather is say Cadillac Owners in the script font stright across the bottom...

I added the changes and posted a new one next to the other. I mean the are just ideas so lets see how many people like these? If someone else comes up with something better? Just trying to get some opinions well check out the other.

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 01:29 AM
Thats sweet!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17938&d=1140585323

Maybe move the C and O apart a bit, even them up, then put the crest in betwen the C and O right above Cadillac Owners

have it *optional* for the username to be arched across the top, like where Cadillac Owners was in the origanal... I dunno if I'd want my user name on there or not, I'd have to see...

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 01:31 AM
Ah, I see another thing... the C is in italics but the O is not... perhaps make the O italics as well...

maybe make it so it fits in a "box" that is... hav the C in like with the C in Cadillac and the O at the end of the S in Owners, if that is spread out too far, then just center it up, I think it would look fine like that... then the crest in the middle of CO and above Cadillac Owners....

LittleB
02-22-06, 01:31 AM
Thats sweet!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17938&d=1140585323

Maybe move the C and O apart a bit, even them up, then put the crest in betwen the C and O right above Cadillac Owners

have it *optional* for the username to be arched across the top, like where Cadillac Owners was in the origanal... I dunno if I'd want my user name on there or not, I'd have to see...

Great idea!!! (moving the C and O out a bit and adding the crest in the center) that sounds awesome! Hey do you have that Edwardian Script? It makes the C and the O look really pretty.

Jonas McFeely
02-22-06, 01:33 AM
I say have everyone put all of the ideas in one post,however many there are,vote on the top 5 best,then vote on the best.Easy.Im very rapidly watching this become one of those 50 page threads where nothing gets accomplished.I say we all vote and get this rolling. Also,i think the "standard of the www" is a bit much.I say the cleanest design will be the best and most popular. Simply "CadillacOwners.com" in cadillac script.Cost-effective.Perfect.

LittleB
02-22-06, 01:34 AM
I say have everyone put all of the ideas in one post,however many there are,vote on the top 5 best,then vote on the best.Easy.Im very rapidly watching this become one of those 50 page threads where nothing gets accomplished.I say we all vote and get this rolling. Also,i think the "standard of the www" is a bit much.I say the cleanest design will be the best and most popular. Simply "CadillacOwners.com" in cadillac script.Cost-effective.Perfect.

I agree that we should vote, but not yet. We don't have enough that people like. We are still just feeling it out.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 01:39 AM
OK new ones posted above. B I will look into that edwardian script right now!

LittleB
02-22-06, 01:43 AM
I like the new changes, we are definitely going in the right direction here(at least in my opinion) but that font just makes it look uneven.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 01:43 AM
I have the Edwardian Script which one do you want to see it on?

LittleB
02-22-06, 01:44 AM
The last one you posted pleeeeease :D

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 01:46 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17940&d=1140586687

Really nice :).

I agree a more closer font would be better.... I don't know of the one Meg speaks of, but it seems like a nice match....

Perhaps on the above version, move the crest down more, just above the Cadillac Owners, and shrink it in size a bit, then bring the C and O closer together... they are a bit far apart, kinda looks off..... although that may be too busy, so maybe the current way is better.... also try and give the O some italics....

Boombotz
02-22-06, 01:46 AM
Ah, I see another thing... the C is in italics but the O is not... perhaps make the O italics as well...

maybe make it so it fits in a "box" that is... hav the C in like with the C in Cadillac and the O at the end of the S in Owners, if that is spread out too far, then just center it up, I think it would look fine like that... then the crest in the middle of CO and above Cadillac Owners....

You lost me on this request???????:confused:

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 01:48 AM
You lost me on this request???????:confused:

Basically exactly what you did in the last 2 versions :) Just putting the big C and O up to the end edges of Cadillac Owners.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 01:53 AM
The new one with new font is on the end!

LittleB
02-22-06, 01:54 AM
See I LOVE LOVE LOVE that font, it makes the C and the O look so pretty...but still there is something about it. Like the O is bigger and slanted...same with the other fonts. Hmmmmmm.....

Boombotz
02-22-06, 01:56 AM
Basically exactly what you did in the last 2 versions :) Just putting the big C and O up to the end edges of Cadillac Owners.

OK, if I understand what you are saying I did it and it looked bad. I will post it if you want but it is way to seperated.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 01:58 AM
See I LOVE LOVE LOVE that font, it makes the C and the O look so pretty...but still there is something about it. Like the O is bigger and slanted...same with the other fonts. Hmmmmmm.....

That is because of that style font. I know Nightwolk thought it was because of the italics but I do not have italics on either letter. It is the syle of the O. Now I have a rotate button I can play with a little and see if I can get it to straigten without looking stupid.

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:00 AM
That is because of that style font. I know Nightwolk thought it was because of the italics but I do not have italics on either letter. It is the syle of the O. Now I have a rotate button I can play with a little and see if I can get it to straigten without looking stupid.

That's what I was thinking but I don't have photoshop on this computer. Yeah if you should try to rotate it a little that might fix it...also maybe make the O one size smaller?

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 02:00 AM
OK, if I understand what you are saying I did it and it looked bad. I will post it if you want but it is way to seperated.

Nah, I don't think thats what I had in mind... basically how you had it was what I had in mind....

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 02:02 AM
this is SWEET!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17941&d=1140587551

Perhaps delete the space between Cadillac and Owners.... and now the O appears italics (though you said its not...) perhaps make *only* the C italics to help balance it out and give it all the slanted look....

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:03 AM
this is SWEET!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17941&d=1140587551

Perhaps delete the space between Cadillac and Owners.... and not the O appears italics (though you said its not...) perhaps make *only* the C italics to help balance it out and give it all the slanted look....

:yeah:

This is great Julie, thanks a lot...

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 02:04 AM
Then how about taking this one step further... and throwing the wreath about the *whole* thing?

Would that run into the problems Sal was saying?

What about adding in an old school \/ under Cadillac Owners.... THAT would be sweet!

Boombotz
Check it out I used the rotate button i think that helped. OK what now you want me to take away the space in the words?

LittleB
OMG the last one you just posted is so awesome. It looks great! I want it!

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:05 AM
Yeah taking the space away would make it flow a lil better. I am loving this...the new font and the rotation job you did just made it perfect!

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 02:07 AM
The \/ can be nearly identical to this... but silver..... maybe adding some color to the sticker will liven it up also...

http://www.cadillacwedding.com/images/badge.jpg

I think I'd rather see the \/ then a wreath... though I may be partial...

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:08 AM
The \/ can be nearly identical to this... but silver..... maybe adding some color to the sticker will liven it up also...

http://www.cadillacwedding.com/images/badge.jpg

I think I'd rather see the \/ then a wreath... though I may be partial...

Yeah in the first couple of pages I mention how I like the V a lot...I would love to see that in there however I am not sure it will work with Julie's design.

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 02:08 AM
Yeah! here we go....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17942&d=1140588152

Delete the space, bring the C and O closer to the crest a bit... then throw in a silver version of that \/.

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:09 AM
I'd love to have the plain old CadillacOwners.com script right over that V and crest but unfortunately we'd get in trouble for that.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 02:09 AM
OK space removed! I will see if the v will work at all. Can't do color it will get to pricey.

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:10 AM
OK space removed! I will see if the v will work at all. Can't do color it will get to pricey.

You are awesome!

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:10 AM
I gotta go to bed soon...darnit I don't wanna miss this LOL

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 02:11 AM
Yeah in the first couple of pages I mention how I like the V a lot...I would love to see that in there however I am not sure it will work with Julie's design.

I think it would work really well.... in the picture I attached... instead of the crest above the \/, it would have CadillacOwners.com.... then the rest of the sticker.

I gotta say, I really do miss the \/ :( No more '79... no more \/. I got to stare at it on the wheel... I pulled the metal \/ badge from the trunk.... came off easy.... one day when I get that '68 DeVille, the \/ will be back.

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 02:14 AM
Folks... I'd say we are pretty close to having ourselves an official sticker....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17943&d=1140588488

I gotta get to sleep too... but damn... with a better version coming out each time... I gotta see this :).

Thank you Julie! :).

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 02:17 AM
Perhaps a different font as well.. this one is close, but maybe a little different... IIRC there is an actual "Cadillac" font you can download... and perhaps make the C in Cadillac one size bigger then the rest to match?

http://www.e-gm.com.tw/local/image/logo_cadillac.gif

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 02:19 AM
ok, this is Night Wolf signing out for the night :).

Boombotz
02-22-06, 02:21 AM
New one posted

Boombotz
02-22-06, 02:22 AM
Perhaps a different font as well.. this one is close, but maybe a little different... IIRC there is an actual "Cadillac" font you can download... and perhaps make the C in Cadillac one size bigger then the rest to match?

http://www.e-gm.com.tw/local/image/logo_cadillac.gif

Not an option have to be a completely different font than Cadillac can not step on toes.

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:23 AM
You know what!! Can you try something for me? Can you take the last one u posted with the V, and take away the big C and O all together. Just the CadillacOwners.com with the V and crest above it. I think that would look awesome.

Kev
02-22-06, 02:25 AM
Here's my take on Boombotz' theme, just used the original font from the site's image.
It's rough, would need a clean sharp original to work with for a cleaner result.

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:25 AM
Dangit I gotta go but I will be on tomorrow morning. Thanks so much Julie, you are the best!

Boombotz
02-22-06, 02:29 AM
I added it! Here are all of them so far. so we dont go back to page 7 anymore.

axnguyen
02-22-06, 10:22 AM
I like it without the big C and O.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-22-06, 10:42 AM
wow 9 pages, i really wish i had the net at home (my broadband connection is disconnected due to not paying the bill hehe), all the hassle of hookin up my phone, loading software, makin sure the finnicky phone cable doesnt get moved etc etc discourages me from workin on this as much as boombotz

Lord Cadillac
02-22-06, 11:12 AM
Here's my favorite:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17960&d=1140616196

The pieces above the text are trademarked logos.. We'll need permission before we can use them... The font looks the same as the font I used for the top/left.. I just chopped it up a lot...

DBA-One
02-22-06, 11:15 AM
Every Mustang club I've been a member of has stickers. But most times it's not needed because it's been a local club and we all know each other and each other's cars.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 11:35 AM
Here's my favorite:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17960&d=1140616196

The pieces above the text are trademarked logos.. We'll need permission before we can use them... The font looks the same as the font I used for the top/left.. I just chopped it up a lot...

Sounds good but how hard is it to get permission if this is the one everyone likes?

Night Wolf
02-22-06, 12:41 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17951&d=1140615661

SWEET!

I really like that! :)

Different then I had in mind though... I was thinking having the \/ *under* CadillacOwners.com and the crest above it..... tho I like this way too.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 12:49 PM
I'll put it together that way to and post it.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 12:52 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17951&d=1140615661

SWEET!

I really like that! :)

Different then I had in mind though... I was thinking having the \/ *under* CadillacOwners.com and the crest above it..... tho I like this way too.

Here you go!

LittleB
02-22-06, 01:07 PM
OK I love #7 and #9 from post #172. I think I like the last one, #9 the best!!!

LittleB
02-22-06, 01:07 PM
I like what Kev posted too, with the font from on top of the website...but that #9 is looking AWESOME to me. I love it.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 01:21 PM
That is the one(#9) Sal liked to which is very important. Did you see the newest one that I posted for Nightwolf?

LittleB
02-22-06, 01:25 PM
Yeah I saw it...I like #9 better.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 01:29 PM
Me and Tommy feel the same way. Just ned to get final imput or put this up to a vote now. Sal said we will need approval for the logos though.

LittleB
02-22-06, 01:46 PM
Approvals from who? I am confused...you designed it LOL

Lord Cadillac
02-22-06, 01:57 PM
We need approval from Cadillac Corporate to use any of their logos... I don't have any contacts so I'm not sure where to begin..

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:01 PM
Are you serious?? Ahhhhhhhh. Bummer.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 02:28 PM
OK, I spoke with Cadillac and found out what needs to be done for this so I will PM Sal and see if we can get something running.

PAW 47
02-22-06, 02:37 PM
Very nice I like #9 too.. Think they will be ready for April's meet?? :)

LittleB
02-22-06, 02:41 PM
OK, I spoke with Cadillac and found out what needs to be done for this so I will PM Sal and see if we can get something running.

Oh right on!! I was going to try to find some contact info when I got a chance here but you are one step ahead of me! :thumbsup: What are the steps...nothing difficult right?

Boombotz
02-22-06, 03:16 PM
Oh right on!! I was going to try to find some contact info when I got a chance here but you are one step ahead of me! :thumbsup: What are the steps...nothing difficult right?

No not bad at all. Really just an email and a picture of it

LittleB
02-22-06, 03:16 PM
Very cool!

LittleB
02-22-06, 03:18 PM
I was thinking about starting a thread for people to vote on...but I think the only ones that more than one person is interested in are pretty much #9, and then the regular CadillacOwners.com all by itself in script. Should I make a thread to vote on the two?

slk230mb
02-22-06, 03:24 PM
I was thinking about starting a thread for people to vote on...but I think the only ones that more than one person is interested in are pretty much #9, and then the regular CadillacOwners.com all by itself in script. Should I make a thread to vote on the two?

Well, if it's just going to be two choices, why vote? Lets just get them both. :)

Boombotz
02-22-06, 03:28 PM

Yhea, go ahead and do that or we could do what SLK says and make both problem is the cost on that. I personally think 1 sticker is a better choice though.

LittleB
02-22-06, 03:30 PM
Yeah, cost and we should all have the same one in my opinion...but it's what everyone wants. I will start a thread and it will be a poll for either choice, or both.

LittleB
02-22-06, 03:32 PM
Wait, should 7 be added in there too? Maybe it should wait for now....let's see if any more people respond.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 03:35 PM
Go ahead and put it on there to.

LittleB
02-22-06, 03:39 PM
So we can't use this one either huh?

Boombotz
02-22-06, 03:44 PM
I don't see why not if we have to get use for the logo.

LittleB
02-22-06, 03:51 PM
Yeah, cuz that one is nice too LOL. I can't set a thread up at the moment though...maybe later.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 03:54 PM
Yeah, cuz that one is nice too LOL. I can't set a thread up at the moment though...maybe later.

Check PM and give me a few minutes have one more request to work on.

LittleB
02-22-06, 03:55 PM
No problem! I am so excited :D good stuff good stuff!

Boombotz
02-22-06, 04:09 PM
Here you go Sal.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 04:16 PM
Very nice I like #9 too.. Think they will be ready for April's meet?? :)

Possible:thumbsup:

Lord Cadillac
02-22-06, 04:17 PM
Here you go Sal.

There's my favorite... :) If we agree upon it, the next step is to establish a size... I think somebody mentioned 4x4?

LittleB
02-22-06, 04:20 PM
That is so hot. I love it...that style font is nicer, and it IS from here, so it is appropriate.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 04:24 PM
I think it looks really good with that font. That is my favorite. Do we still want to put it to vote or just go ahead. Size hmmmmmmmmm?

LittleB
02-22-06, 04:26 PM
LOL it's my favorite too so......I don't know. This is so funny. The two girls are like "We like it so let's move on, no vote needed" ;) j/k

Boombotz
02-22-06, 04:34 PM
LOL it's my favorite too so......I don't know. This is so funny. The two girls are like "We like it so let's move on, no vote needed" ;) j/k

No Sal said it was his favorite too:highfive: . So it doesn't get any bigger than that. We can go ahead though now and put it up for vote whenever you have a minute.

LittleB
02-22-06, 04:56 PM
Alrighty!! I might get a chance in a half an our or so.

LittleB
02-22-06, 04:57 PM
But which ones should go up for vote?

Stoneage_Caddy
03-12-06, 02:23 PM
COME ON !!!!

Where are we at on this ????

do i need to put my size 12 up someones ass to keep this rolling ?
http://www.ouboces.org/bocesnews/grad2003/hotrod.jpg

turbojimmy
03-12-06, 03:20 PM
Yeah - where is this going? I just noticed this thread now. I'd slap a tasteful sticker on the White Zombie. Back in the day we'd put an "I" in the back window of Turbo Regals with white shoe polish when we went to the track to let people know we were on the mailing list (now a bulletin board). Got messy when it rained, though.

Jim

CTS4Chiefy
03-12-06, 07:29 PM
I just noticed this thread now.
Same here... I guess my thread reminded people of this one... So, where are we at? Are there any proposed designs?

terrible one
03-12-06, 08:40 PM
Yeah I want to see this plan carried out, it would be great. It would look perfect on the back windshield of the Eldo

CTS4Chiefy
03-12-06, 08:46 PM
Or the side rear window of a CTS :D

70eldo
03-13-06, 07:09 AM
And if shipping (what a big word for an envelope) to Europe is no problem, then I would like to have one too :)

LittleB
03-13-06, 06:58 PM
This was the first thread...there is another one that was started with designs to vote on but the poll is now closed. I am not sure what happened, we had an obvious winner and then no one followed through.

Jonas McFeely
03-13-06, 07:21 PM

I posted this about a month ago in this thread...

It came true...

Despite what everyone else said...

Sandy
03-13-06, 07:56 PM
View Poll Results: Which sticker would YOU like to see on your car?
Sticker #1 34 58.62%
Sticker #2 17 29.31%
Sticker #3 2 3.45%
Sticker #4 4 6.90%
Sticker #5 1

Are you now ignoring the results, being that 59% voted for # 1, and are going do it over again ? Why ? We all assumed that the powers that were -- were in fact looking into costs ~ as had been stated, and the possibility of making the "com" the same size as the Cadillac Owners. Now it looks like it's starting all over. Why? 2 to 1 prefer # 1. If we don't get them made up in a timely fashion, interest will wane. Remember what Iacocca's catch phrase was? "Just Do It" The size is the next consideration. How many inches high and how many inches long (or w-i-d-e). Color? White on black or black on white or are we offering colors, such as blue on white, red on white, etc... Applied from outside or inside? Outside, I'd think for people with deep tint. It would nice to have them all ready to purchase by late April, (nice weather) !

LittleB
03-13-06, 08:28 PM
I agree....just do it. Obviously #1 won...no reason to do it all over again. Last I thought was that Sal was going to see which one won and then ask another member (forgot his name) to help us with printing and prices. I'm sure Sal is super busy but hopefully we can make this happen.

Jonas McFeely
03-13-06, 08:47 PM
I posted this about a month ago in this thread...

It came true...

Despite what everyone else said...

Im going to end up posting the above in a month or so....

Stoneage_Caddy
03-13-06, 08:51 PM
now can someone point me to this other thread ? i cant find the damn thing anywhere ....whats our sticker gonna look like ?

Stoneage_Caddy
03-13-06, 08:53 PM
whoops , nevermind i found it ....just changed how i worded my search

Sandy
03-13-06, 08:55 PM
There are DECAL places listed in the yellow pages here in Northern New Jersey. I could make a call, but truth be told, I have never been down THAT road before so I don't really know what to ask. Lots of dealers have name tag stickers for the trunk lid. I could ask my Lincoln dealer who makes up his, and see if they'd do that. My gut feeling is, though, that there minimum order might be 1,000 identical......I think we need a Speciality decal company. Does anyone have even a little experience in having custom decals made up ? (and) do we want vinyl or clear? To offer choices, (applied inside or outside) has gotta cost more, likewise other colors...
how you say>>> ka-chink Ka-chink (Cash register)

Stoneage_Caddy
03-13-06, 09:25 PM
There are DECAL places listed in the yellow pages here in Northern New Jersey. I could make a call, but truth be told, I have never been down THAT road before so I don't really know what to ask. Lots of dealers have name tag stickers for the trunk lid. I could ask my Lincoln dealer who makes up his, and see if they'd do that. My gut feeling is, though, that there minimum order might be 1,000 identical......I think we need a Speciality decal company. Does anyone have even a little experience in having custom decals made up ? (and) do we want vinyl or clear? To offer choices, (applied inside or outside) has gotta cost more, likewise other colors...
how you say>>> ka-chink Ka-chink (Cash register)

10 years ago we would deal with a place for the decals, numbers and all that stuff for our racecar ....like i say that was 10 years ago , lord only knows if that place is still around ....we should run withthe vynal thats applied over soapy water to allows us to move it to a finial position , the vynal one on my car that was made by a member here has held up just fine ...I might try to contact him and see what hes up to ...

Stoneage_Caddy
03-13-06, 09:40 PM
Ok did a little digging , here is the memeber who created the sticker my car proudly wears:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=18880
his avatar is my sticker , i have sent an email to him asking what he could do

edit here is his site , and more importantly what he can do:
http://www.misterdecal.com/domaindecals.html

LittleB
03-13-06, 10:00 PM
I can't remember if the guys name was MisterD or not but for some reason I think it's someone else. Supposedly he can print the stickers for us or something. Sal knows who it is....

We had talked about white on a clear background (or possible other colors too, on clear). We hadn't decided if it would be a sticker or vinyl. Of course vinyl is going to be more. A lot of people have tint, and if it is dark enough (like mine) I'll need to put the sticker on the outside of the window.

The design is just CadillacOwners.com (just like at the top of this site, in the same script/font.)

Lord Cadillac
03-14-06, 08:49 AM
I'm talking with Wildwhl about getting the stickers made up.. Let's see what happens with that.. I'll be back with more information shortly...

deskjockey
03-14-06, 08:57 AM
I'm not trying to be "that guy" but I was so waiting to see somebody post up a pic of LittleB with Cadillac.com scripted acros her or vice versa, I knew for sure you guy swould try that, I am pretty suprised nobody went down that road!

Lord Cadillac
03-14-06, 09:11 AM
Maybe we need a CadillacOwners.com Lingerie Calendar. :o

noahsdad
03-14-06, 09:43 AM
12 months of Little B meets Victoria's Secret? Name the price!

deskjockey
03-14-06, 10:46 AM
Whoops, sorry B, I guess I shoulda kept the 'ole piehole shut on that one.

Sandy
03-14-06, 10:54 AM
Where do I send my deposit to ?

Lord Cadillac
03-14-06, 11:00 AM
Can I use PayPal? :p :)

Jonas McFeely
03-14-06, 11:32 AM
I'll pose for a couple...

LittleB
03-14-06, 12:11 PM
AHAHAHAHAHHAA!! :histeric: I could make a CadillacOwners.com 2007 Calendar :D That is hilarious. Sal I will only do it if I get half of the profit!! :p

noahsdad
03-14-06, 12:57 PM
Careful B, you could be driving an XLR by this time next year,,,

LittleB
03-14-06, 12:59 PM
That would be awesome!!

deskjockey
03-14-06, 01:05 PM
I'll pose for a couple...

well there goes lunch, i guess i can save it for tomorrow anyway, geez...ha

Jonas McFeely
03-14-06, 01:22 PM
well there goes lunch, i guess i can save it for tomorrow anyway, geez...ha

And you havnt even seen me yet,i guess that says something...

deskjockey
03-14-06, 01:26 PM
And you havnt even seen me yet,i guess that says something...

Sorry, just sort of assuming your a dude and I don't want to see any dude's in a calender! You know those "hi, I'm chip, he's dale" calenders, shudder, shudder.

LittleB
03-14-06, 01:32 PM
LMAO!!! :histeric:

Lord Cadillac
03-14-06, 01:34 PM
AHAHAHAHAHHAA!! :histeric: I could make a CadillacOwners.com 2007 Calendar :D That is hilarious. Sal I will only do it if I get half of the profit!! :p

HALF the profit? I'll take 25% just to see that it happens! :thumbsup:

Half bathing suit, half lingerie.. Let's get cracking!

LittleB
03-14-06, 01:39 PM
HALF the profit? I'll take 25% just to see that it happens! :thumbsup:

Half bathing suit, half lingerie.. Let's get cracking!

:histeric: Oh I thought I was posing naked...ok bathing suit and lingerie it is! :highfive:

Night Wolf
03-14-06, 01:42 PM
Here you go!

Little late, but I like that one alot!

Maybe have that exact sticker, but without the crest? Still though, I like it :).

Night Wolf
03-14-06, 01:48 PM
Me and Tommy feel the same way. Just ned to get final imput or put this up to a vote now. Sal said we will need approval for the logos though.

I like #9 too! Just saw them...... nice... I'd say go for it :).

Lord Cadillac
03-14-06, 01:50 PM
:histeric: Oh I thought I was posing naked...ok bathing suit and lingerie it is! :highfive:

The bathing suit/lingerie calendar is $25.00.
The naked calendar is $100.00

How's that sound?