: Ignition Coils???

tcool77
02-16-06, 04:42 PM
I just found out today I need a new 2-5 Ignition Coil...and also new spark plug wires...It was mis-firing around 30mph and 45mph...and shaking really bad at those marks...The dealer has told me this...The prices are outraegous at the dealer...They want $548 just for the one ignition coil...and 280 for labor (including the wires...if i bought them seperately)...So, I have a couple questions...Any place online or wherever to get an ignition coil cheaper than that?...I would tell the place I need a 2-5 coil, right?...Also, where is the best place to get the spark plug wires?...ANY help would be much appreciated...This is for a 1997 Cad. Catera...Please email any information...Thanks so much... tcool77@hotmail.com

gixxer_751
02-16-06, 06:49 PM
rockauto.com brother,,,, .... been there, done that, coil pack was $180 and 2,4,6 plug wires are $140, same with the other side 1,3,5 plug wires $140. so thats $280 for both sides, and $180 for coil pack..all on rockauto.com

97cateraowner
02-16-06, 11:35 PM
I just found out today I need a new 2-5 Ignition Coil...and also new spark plug wires...It was mis-firing around 30mph and 45mph...and shaking really bad at those marks...The dealer has told me this...The prices are outraegous at the dealer...They want $548 just for the one ignition coil...and 280 for labor (including the wires...if i bought them seperately)...So, I have a couple questions...Any place online or wherever to get an ignition coil cheaper than that?...I would tell the place I need a 2-5 coil, right?...Also, where is the best place to get the spark plug wires?...ANY help would be much appreciated...This is for a 1997 Cad. Catera...Please email any information...Thanks so much... tcool77@hotmail.com
Cant' replace just the 2-5 coil. It is all or none. The coil pack fires all 6 cylinders. It will take you 2 hrs and about 4 beers to fix. Gixxer_751 is right on the price. I have bought from RockAuto.com but was able to get same day from O'Reilly's for about the same price. Someone did a right up on how to do it...search the archives.