: How To Replace O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1

rudeboyralph13
02-16-06, 01:10 PM
Hey I Have A 96 Eldorado And I Have A Code To Replace My O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 I Have Located The Sensor But Ive Noticed That It Doesnt Look Simple. Anyone Out There With Some Tips On How To Remove The O2 Without Removing A Lot Of Stuff Or Is It One Of Those Jobs That Just Require U To Remove Other Parts To Get To It. Please I Need Help I Need To Pass My Emmissions Test Plus I Really Hate To See My Service Engine Light On. I Am Mechanically Inclined So I Just Really Need Some Tips On How To Remove And Replace.thanks, Ralph.

Zorb750
02-16-06, 02:37 PM
I think that's the one in the back of the engine. It's on the exhaust manifold, where the pipe flange bolts up. You might disconnect that, and then it should be fairly easy. Would have to be done from under the car.

Also, people, why do you (and others) CAPITALIZE every single word? It makes it really hard to read, and is just as annoying as writing in all caps! I used to erase every post like that when I was a mod on a computer related board. Erase and e-mail an explanation to the author. If he did it again, erase and no explanation.

rudeboyralph13
02-16-06, 11:43 PM
Thanks, oh will try not to write in caps. Hope that makes you feel better.

mumblypeg
02-17-06, 01:02 AM
On my '97 N* I leaned over the top of the engine and used a long extension and a crowfoot O2 sensor socket to get the bank 1 sensor 1 out. It's not fun, and I made sure I bought a AC/DELCO part. I let the engine warm up a couple of minutes, no more or you will fry your hand, to make it easier to loosen. Good luck.