: 0 Oil Pressure this Morning

ssmith100
02-16-06, 01:31 PM
Started my car this morning and she went crazy on me. 0 oil pressure. Oil level is good and running fine. I'm assuming I have one of the screen problems that some guys have had. They loaded her up this morning and off to the dealership. Nothing like driving my wif's Grand Caravan.:o

Shane

naiculnila
02-16-06, 01:40 PM
yeah but i bet u don't have a CLUNK everytime u shift!

heavymetals
02-16-06, 02:29 PM
On mine it was a sensor.

Scared the crap out of me :eek:

There is an old thread and pictures of where it is.

The dealer helped trouble shoot and after we determined that it was a sensor, I replaced it as dealer thought the maggie had to be removed to get at it.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I did have to grind some material off the maggie, but at least I didn't have to remove it.:thumbsup:

I had to remove the facia around the window and the windshield wiper unit to get at it though.

urbanski
02-16-06, 06:17 PM
well firstly, grand caravan?????!!???

please tell me.....what was she thinking, with all those wonderful other choices :hide:

Secondly, at least your diff aint busted. End of Week 1 at the dealer with no word on progress yet. lol
"its just a car" :cheers:

10secvette
02-16-06, 06:33 PM
On mine it was a sensor.

Thats my guess. Easy fix without a blower on there.

ssmith100
02-16-06, 06:53 PM
Yeah Urb,

She could be driving a new Escalade and all she likes are these damn mini vans. They got me a new 3.6 to drive for the next few days so all is good. Don't know what's wrong yet but should know tommorow.

Shane

CIWS
02-16-06, 06:57 PM
"its just a car" :cheers:

BLASPHEMY !! You'll smoke a turd in hell for that one http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gif

;)

heavymetals
02-16-06, 09:18 PM
To some it is more then a car!

Check this: http://ebaumsworld.com/videos/carbj.html

trekster
02-16-06, 11:57 PM
That happened to me one time. Turned out to be a faulty sensor.

teros1
02-17-06, 12:34 PM
I had same problem.

Initially, dealer said it was a screen.

When it recurred, they replaced sensor. No problems since.

Bob

ssmith100
02-17-06, 11:25 PM
O-ring in the oil pump let go and ended up in the pick up tube. Fortunately I didn't drive the car so no harm done. Tech said he could clean the pump but he would rather install a new one since it is all apart anyway. Would have been a good time to install the Maggie. The whole front of the motor is apart. Should get it back next week.

Shane

DILLIGAF
02-17-06, 11:35 PM
Good to hear,always nice to see a follow up on stuff like this.Since i'm in here how about a good link for some cheap dynamat or comparable sound deadener,please

Dreamin
02-18-06, 12:49 AM
They loaded her up this morning and off to the dealership.

Wise man... very wise indeed!

urbanski
02-18-06, 10:01 AM
Get a 07 'sclade loaner,
order a maggie from a vendor,
get her fedex'd
and GIT ER DUN