: I think I've Had Enough...

naiculnila
02-16-06, 12:12 PM
So on the 02/06/06 a new differential went in.

On 02/13/06 i took it in again for griding noises when backing up. Transmission is being replaced.

Anyone have info on LEMONING a car in Pennsylvania?...

To make things worse...the DSM is saying i'm driving the car too hard. Mind you i've been complaining about these issues from 3000 miles and now @ 13,000 they finally realize the clunking and the grinding is NOT NORMAL OPERATING CONDITION.

THANK YOU CADILLAC!:mad:

dannystang
02-16-06, 12:14 PM
Bah...You can't start complaining until your through diff #5 thats the rule.

Stop bitching....

naiculnila
02-16-06, 12:29 PM
Bah...You can't start complaining until your through diff #5 thats the rule.

Stop bitching....

I will NEVER be on differential #5

There's a reason they have the LEMON LAW....for crap ass manufacturing like this!

There is absolutely no excuse for a car to break down like this...among multiple instances. And the fact that alot of people are still holding on to it is even more disturbing.

If GM ended up having to buy back even 20 Vs, don't you think that would prompt them to FIX it already!???????

odysseus
02-16-06, 12:34 PM
To make things worse...the DSM is saying i'm driving the car too hard.

What is 'driving too hard' in a car with 400 HP stock, a 6-speed manual, and 14" Brembo brakes? It was refined on the racetrack at Nurburgring! The V is somewhat of a bastard child at Cadillac. It's much more a Corvette than a DeVille. With so few being built, it has it's unique issues. Many dealers only sell a few in a year, so they're not likely well versed in the cars unique weakness (diffs). This is the cars number one complaint!

BadCad
02-16-06, 12:53 PM
Unfortunately, the majority of the Caddi dealers don't know how to support and service the V or the type buyers who buy them. Their traditional customers have been, well - you know them; no need to explain further. They've never been known to deal in the performance/sports sedan market until the V. It'll be interesting to see how this develops as the XLR-V and the STS-V,in addition to the CTS-V, get fully introduced in the coming years. Will the Caddi organization drop out of this market segment due to poor dealer support and handling? Caddi has been one of the few operations that has remained profitable for GM. But their traditional customer is literaly dying off and they need to attract a different customer; witness the V. I hope they get their act straight soon.

naiculnila
02-16-06, 01:39 PM
They will not change their approach to how they are handling our issues simply because not enough people are complaining and simply forcing Cadillac to take the problem away from the consumer...

I have been reading about people on second transmission, fifth differentials, third radiators , etc etc

LEMON the car...why insist on keeping a faulty vehicle.???
Make GM buy it back and when the finally wake up one day to design it properly, then buy a new one.

ace996
02-16-06, 09:08 PM
LEMON the car...why insist on keeping a faulty vehicle.???
Make GM buy it back and when the finally wake up one day to design it properly, then buy a new one.

POW!!! Exactly what "certain" V owners are currently doing!!!!!

Do a search on Lemon Law here, I've posted plenty of info. If you've met your state's statutory requirements, and you're not happy with the car, do it. You've nothing to lose but more Cadillac service department headaches.
Stay tuned....
-ace

oceanhut
02-16-06, 09:13 PM
Ive got a lemon law suit pending with my V now. Contact me at oceanhut@aol.com if you want details.

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-16-06, 09:27 PM
Man, you guys are bumming me out....every time I'm felling good about the V, I read of an experience like this. So what kind of driving do you do? I mean I like to use the power too but don't often slam the gears (sometimes). But are these problems something I should expect with normal agressive driving? I just can't believe GM does not agressively address these issues - it's exactly the opposite of makes other makers successful.

ace996
02-16-06, 09:34 PM
Ive got a lemon law suit pending with my V now. Contact me at oceanhut@aol.com if you want details.

:thumbsup: :shhh: :welcome: :contract: :woohoo:

CVP33
02-16-06, 10:12 PM
I'm not mad anymore. Looking back I'm only surprised that I waited so long. I had problems with my 2004 and again with my 2005 and was actually thinking of getting a 2006 if GM would "make it right". GM chose and continues to choose to NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. I can no longer support a car company that does not support it's enthusiasts/owners. Happy V owners could be the best press Cadillac could ever buy. No one that knows me, works with me or knows my story would every buy a Cadillac. I personally affect over 5,000 people. When GM pissed me off they in affect lost 5,000 customers. Bad decision on their part, one of many I've seen.

talalhz
02-16-06, 11:07 PM
Welcome to the club. I'm an unhappy owner also ! 33 days in the shop with in the last 5 months.

Joey'sVee
02-17-06, 12:12 AM
Boy this is sad...but true. The rate of these threads will only increase over time.

ace996
02-17-06, 12:16 AM
Tomorrow will be 40 days in the shop in 9 months....I still love the car but not enough to "take it like a champ". I've posted this before, and I believe it warrants another look by several current owners who've been shafted dry...
http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon.html

Go there...check your state's lemon law and call an attorney who deals with lemon law. Mostly, if your car has been in service for 3-5 times for a recurring problem/defect/failure and has not been fixed...OR...your car has been out of service for OVER 30 days within 18-24months, you may be entitled to relief under your state's lemon law.
Usually this means a replacement vehicle or REFUND.

I've learned more than I care to know about the lemon law and am amazed that more people, especially here, don't seek relief. Straight-up...I love my car, but its not right. Perhaps all Vs don't have the issues I've had, but my V is absolutely cursed-rotten from the flywheel to the rear hubs. I really wanted to buy this car and own it for MANY years, but with the issues I've experienced in 9 months...9K miles....I'm quite fearful of what would be in store for me after the warrantee period. And it's not like the service organization is correcting the current "warrantee"-able items...

Naiculnila, check your state's law. Consult with an attorney, these laws are for your benefit....use them.

Aaron....I'm in shock...you're keeping it???!!!!! We need to talk...

GM did a wonderful job of bringing a car to market that filled a void in the American auto-offering...a high-performance sedan, manual tranny, lustful LS6, track-tuned handling...WOW!!! I thought it was my "Holy Grail" of vehicles....a classy four-door sedan that could haul the family and take clients to lunch, and satisfy my lifelong desire of a Vette. For about 1 month it was exactly that....perfect. It's been downhill ever since... They lied to me, sold a bad product and now won't stand behind it...I've had it...Everyone who knows me knows about my car, and just how shameful a product it is...

My clients are 180 law firms....over 2000 attorneys....now, most of them would rather buy a Yugo before a Cadillac. I've learned this...if you're great, and overdeliver your service or product, you're lucky if a happy client tells 5 people about the positive experience. But if you're bad...they tell 20-30 people about the negative experience. If you really suck, EVERYONE hears about it. It's a shame, I probably could have made a nice living selling CTS-Vs....just to the people I run into every day. But now, I'd be able to sleep better if I kicked them in the crotch and made them give me their wallets....that'd be a more honorable profession...

I continue to be....Lord Pu$$y,
ace

akm2k5
02-17-06, 01:09 AM
Does anyone know if the c6 corvette is having the same diff issue?

trekster
02-17-06, 01:11 AM
The car pisses me off. I'm going to drive living $hit out of it. Break a few diffs and drive shafts no big deal.

ace996
02-17-06, 01:15 AM
The '05s had issues...'06s were given a new, stronger part. So we know that they can do something about it...just not for us, we get the STS-V bandaid!
-ace

Koooop
02-17-06, 01:17 AM
Wadda drag!

If I owned a car that gave me that much trouble I'd sell it.

Bummer dude.

ace996
02-17-06, 01:18 AM
Hello ace,

No, i'm not keeping the car. But that won't stop me from continuing to bring this cars flaws to the publics attention.

If I could get it out of the shop long enough to bring it back up to resellable condition I would be a much happier person. Until then I wake up and angry man.

Aaron

Whew!!! You scared me there for a moment... sell it, but back to GM...right is right!
-ace

akm2k5
02-17-06, 01:19 AM
The '05s had issues...'06s were given a new, stronger part. So we know that they can do something about it...just not for us, we get the STS-V bandaid!
-ace

I knew I heard a something about the 05 c6.. I think Im going to start looking at a 2006 c6. Its time for a change.

naiculnila
02-17-06, 10:41 PM

my brother had an 06 C6 Vette, and the diff blew up at 1200 miles. From what i hear though , they have improved the diffs for 06

naiculnila
02-17-06, 10:46 PM
Just got my car back today...and all is nice and fixed. But my service ticket had a nice little note on it from the area REP saying something like:

"GM replaced the differential and transmission as a courtesy and further problems would need to be evaluated before we would warranty any transmission or differential replacements. The failure is due to aggressive driving of the owner."

So apparently i'm driving my car too hard: no burn outs, not hard launches.

Just commuting almost 100 miles a day to work...so because it breaks...they say it's abuse.....FU***ng wonderful!

Option1: LEMON LAW ...people that can advise please visit http://www.zwampy.com/repair.htm, and give me some input if i stand a chance.

Option2: sell the car and take a 10,000 dollar loss.

Option3: ????????

fubar569
02-17-06, 10:57 PM
the note should read:

"failure is due to manufacturer's head inserted too far into anal cavity. Further repairs will constitute a call to the proctoligist for assistance"

heavymetals
02-17-06, 11:00 PM
Quit whining about it.

You got your car fixed for free.:thepan:

And you would take a loss on selling or trading in anything.

Go the lemon law route as that sounds like the only thing that is gonna make you happy.

ace996
02-17-06, 11:43 PM
Just got my car back today...and all is nice and fixed. But my service ticket had a nice little note on it from the area REP saying something like:

"GM replaced the differential and transmission as a courtesy and further problems would need to be evaluated before we would warranty any transmission or differential replacements. The failure is due to aggressive driving of the owner."

So apparently i'm driving my car too hard: no burn outs, not hard launches.

Just commuting almost 100 miles a day to work...so because it breaks...they say it's abuse.....FU***ng wonderful!

Option1: LEMON LAW ...people that can advise please visit http://www.zwampy.com/repair.htm, and give me some input if i stand a chance.

Option2: sell the car and take a 10,000 dollar loss.

Option3: ????????

Saw the repair list...good job with the detail. Here you go...
The list shows plenty of "can't duplicate" issues, usually this is because they don't test drive enough...check how many miles they test drive your vehicle. Last time I complained of difficulty shifting into 1st from neutral, I stated that they'd need to drive at least 10 miles first...they drove it 3. With the tranny whine at 3Krpm in 5th and 6th gear, I stated that they'd need to warm-up the car for at least 10 miles and test the car on the parkway...again a 3 mile drive...no parkway on NAV tracking - all concerns were "not able to duplicate". That's fine. Every time you have experienced a problem with the shifter or clunking (that they can't seem to duplicate), bring it in and document the visit's details. You'll be at 30 days in no time....
Additionally, you can request that the service manager sit in your car while you drive it, that way they can't deny the issues. I took the service foreman for a ride and pointed out the tranny-whine and the clunks. He couldn't believe it...it was that bad, even after several visits where they couldn't "duplicate" the problem.

Yeah, no third option without spilling some lighter fluid or digging a big hole in the woods...not worth the risk, IMO. Lemon Law appears to be your way to freedom. Do a search of Lemon Law attorneys in your area and have a consultation. I'll do a little digging to find your statutory requirements....http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/Pennsylvania_PA_lemonlaw2.html

Looks like 3 attempts for repair or 30 days out of service in 12K miles or 1 year. Should you meet both statutory requirements, you'll have a pretty good case. And it looks like you've already satisfied one. Seven more days....seven more days....
-ace

wildwhl
02-18-06, 12:06 AM
Ace makes some good points.

I have to admit that diff replacement has come most easily by having the service manager "ride along". Seems that inaudible sound they can't duplicate is pretty freakin' obvious when you try to hold a conversation over it.

WW

naiculnila
02-18-06, 12:22 AM
I've had them ride along...he saw that it clunked and that the tranny was grinding.

I left the car there...next day i got a call saying that the car is ready and they could not duplicate the problem

I was mad as hell since i showed him...so he says his mechanic took the car for another drive and thinks everything is normal.

This only happened on one occurance. So i've been taking it to a different dealer.

Anyhow, i hope something positive comes out of these complaints.

ALSO: heavymetals

i am whining (but not as bad as our Vs do), simply because i am wasting my money paying for a car that the dealers nor Cadillac will honor.

Maybe u have money to waste in which case i would appreciate a few bills if u get the chance, but i don't have money to burn for a car that doesn't work the way it was marketed to me and the way it was designed.

No whining just gets you dealers and companiues that will take advantage of people because no one is saying anything, all while the market value of your precious car goes to sheit from an MSRP of $54,000 to a nice $34,000 with only a few thousand miles on it.

I'm glad your car is fine works to your liking. However there are many of us which aren't happy and would like to voice and even relieve some stress by complaining and whining...all of which you have the option of NOT reading.

Thank you!

wildwhl
02-18-06, 12:29 AM
Easy now...Heavy's points are valid as well. Deprectiation on the CTS-V is in large due to owner complaints (valid or not).

Whining accomplishes nothing - action does. Glad to hear you're taking action.

Besides, both Heavy and I know exactly what to do with a Model Airplane that doesn't perform as advertised (aka lawn darts)...guess we could always treat the V to the same "stress test".

WW

ace996
02-18-06, 12:30 AM
I've had them ride along...he saw that it clunked and that the tranny was grinding.

I left the car there...next day i got a call saying that the car is ready and they could not duplicate the problem

I was mad as hell since i showed him...so he says his mechanic took the car for another drive and thinks everything is normal.

This only happened on one occurance. So i've been taking it to a different dealer.

You need to have them ride in the car and hear the issues, then document it on the workorder, print it out, and you take for your file of workorders. When you have the workorder with them stating that they heard the problem, and they don't fix it...you've a stronger case. Do this ASAP, as you don't have much time....
Good luck,
ace

heavymetals
02-18-06, 12:44 AM
I have a hard time reading this stuff from a NON SUPPORTING MEMBER who pretty much already knows what he wants to do.

Either take the loss and move on, or lemon law it and hopefully you can start from square one again.

I still stand by what I posted earlier.

You would take a hit on trading in or selling pretty much anything else and it doesn't matter about the timing either. The car takes a hit going out the door.

As for whinning, you start out by saying the car is fixed, and all is good and you didn't have to pay for it.
Furthermore, they didn't tell you that they wouldn't warranty it again, but it would be reviewed.
BIG DEAL.

So now all you have to do is decide on wether you want to go through the hassle of "lemon lawing" or absorb the loss.

It appears to me you've decided to dump the car.

As a side note, I am not into tooting my own horn, but I was one of the few that really pushed for everyone to file their complaints and problems with the DOT.
The reason for that was to make it easier for people to "lemon law" (or whatever) their cars if they need to as lawyers like data.

ace996
02-18-06, 12:55 AM
I have a hard time reading this stuff from a NON SUPPORTING MEMBER who pretty much already knows what he wants to do.

Yeah!!! All these NON-SUPPORTING pu$$ies taking up all this space on the forum and buying from all the supporting vendors, they should be stoned!!!!

Damn...looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking weed. But I do have a new, fresh bottle of Pinot Noir....Pigvomit said its good wine in Sideways.

Here's to the non-supporters...:alchi:

-Lord Pu$$y

naiculnila
02-18-06, 12:55 AM
I did contribute! More Than Once!....not that it should matter.

I know that i would love to get rid of the V...not like im keeping it a secret.

Thank you for your input. any opinion is appreciated. U r right, they did fix it.
They did just say review it...just like they said that about the other problems i've had and with which they will not warranty anymore.

I also do not want to take the chance of anythin breaking so i can spend 2 months arguing with GM and trying to take care of a problem that should not even be an issue.

TIME is not something i like to waste, and this is the biggest waste of my time and money! Maybe you don't see it yet, but everyone's turn comes when something will happend and they stabbed in the back by a dirty dealer and company!

But enough of this back and forth because it doesn't solve anything. If you'd like read my posts, otherwise please move on. I will prob be whining a little more and posting some updates as to what comes out of the BBB, Attorney General and the Lemon Law.

Hopefully it will help someone just like when i posted about GOodyear reimbursing people for their worn out tires. The one case where whining did PAY OFF for some people!

wildwhl
02-18-06, 01:02 AM
Lord Pu$$y -

pigvomit does not know his wine...Merlot consumption underway.

Sideways = best movie to go see when so hung over you can't put your pants on - ever.

Heavy - I'm with you brother, honestly. I care a little less than others about the whining/depreciation because I have no intention of letting my V go - regardless of what other cars might grace my driveway with their presence.

Supporting members rock, though. I've supported this site VERY GENEROUSLY and the thought that each of you can't throw a few bucks their way in return for the huge volume of knowledge you've gained is pretty disappointing.

Sorry - I just realize that $20 is really just a pitcher of quality beer, bottle of decent wine, less than a tank of gas, can't even buy real :alchi:, not even near a cheap way to go to the movies, and a whole lot less than ANY ONE ON THIS FORUM can afford...

But that's OK - I :grouphug: all of you anyway.

WW

ace996
02-18-06, 01:09 AM
It's the getting bullied into it that pi$$ed me off, and the blinking/flashing ads that never go away...
I hear you, and try to contribute as much value/knowledge/advice as I can...hopefully that's enough. But really, it's the prior pressuring that turned me off...
Groucho Marx..I think..."I wouldn't be a member of a club that would have me as a member"...or something like that...
Now...where's that Pinot Noir...
-Lord Pu$$y

And I nominate Nai as Duke Pu$$y, Heartless Liquifier of Goodyears!!!! Stand-HO!!!!! Hopefully King Pu$$y CVP will send his royal blessings....
-ace

wildwhl
02-18-06, 01:19 AM
Lord Pu$$y

You kill me. So did an Sti with license plate 8YOURV8 once...

Help me out here (guess I wasn't paying attention)...where was the prior pressuring?

F' the Pinot...how about a nice blend that is hard to find :sneaky:

ace996
02-18-06, 01:35 AM
Oh..sometime back...something about supporting members and supporting vendors and someone wanting to do something with their ECU's programming and sharing knowledge to help other lunatic-self-tuners with the road of insanity....you know...SSDD.

Blend...like when my mom's box of wine is getting low and she pours the last half-glass of white zinfandelle into the half-empty caraffe of rosay??? Yeah...that's nice!!!! Add a couple of ice-cubes or ice chips and that's Heaven...with a Merit Ultralight.....yeah, Heaven...
-ace

wildwhl
02-18-06, 01:41 AM
I'll share with you everything I know about blending wine and tuning ECU's - at least everything that I've learned on my own. I cannot share other's knowledge though - that just doesn't contribute to good juju (aka karma).

Decoy is my favorite blend. StealthV/Wildwhl is my favorite blended tune.

heavymetals
02-18-06, 01:51 AM
If your looking for an excuse not to do something, one usually doesn't have to look very far. :stirpot:

Pressure?

I don't see it as pressure.

They can choose to support someones efforts to make this forum possible for everyones benefit or not.
Some of us may have the means to show support and some may not.

To use the reminder from someone (me who has benefited from this forum) that it is MEMBER SUPPORTED as an excuse not to support is petty.
IMHO

akm2k5
02-18-06, 02:33 AM
my brother had an 06 C6 Vette, and the diff blew up at 1200 miles. From what i hear though , they have improved the diffs for 06

Damn, I really didnt want to hear that.. What other new/slightly used 400hp+ cars are available for ~50k? I can think of the srt8s, but is there anything else?

naiculnila
02-19-06, 01:53 AM
sorry ...correction: it was an 05

verbs
02-19-06, 03:07 AM

Your constant looking down upon non supporting members is really getting old. Paying money to a website (who makes money off of you anyway with or without the "supporting member status") doesn't make you any more credible than anyone else.

It's funny to hear you complain about those who make a stink about their cars when you sit her and make a stink about non-supporting members.

verbs
02-19-06, 03:12 AM
and the thought that each of you can't throw a few bucks their way in return for the huge volume of knowledge you've gained is pretty disappointing.

Some of us contribute contribute in other ways than donating to the site.

Would it be just as disappointing if you knew that I've spent thousands of dollars with the sponsors here?

It's not like we're uncontributing mooches here. I'm the one that let everyone here know about the Madman rear end, which unless I'm mistaken, led to this forum getting another sponsor and to information on a possible solution to the rear end problem?

akm2k5
02-19-06, 03:14 AM
sorry ...correction: it was an 05

Thank you, I feel a little more confident.. :)

heavymetals
02-19-06, 03:15 AM
Your constant looking down upon non supporting members is really getting old. Paying money to a website (who makes money off of you anyway with or without the "supporting member status") doesn't make you any more credible than anyone else.

It's funny to hear you complain about those who make a stink about their cars when you sit her and make a stink about non-supporting members.

I didn't become a SUPPORTING MEMBER to "buy" any credability and what a lame statement on your part.

If your to cheap to support the forum, don't take your guilt out on me.:thepan:

verbs
02-19-06, 03:28 AM
I didn't become a SUPPORTING MEMBER to "buy" any credability and what a lame statement on your part.

If your to cheap to support the forum, don't take your guilt out on me.:thepan:

Guilt? What are you, :alchi: ahahahaha, now that's lame.

I'm not saying you became a supporting membership to for credibility, but you act like those who don't have a membership have less of it, and you talk down to them.

heavymetals
02-19-06, 03:30 AM
I got an idea, you ignore me and I'll respond to your lame ass remarks (maybe) when you become a supporting member.

OK?

verbs
02-19-06, 03:50 AM
I got an idea, you ignore me and I'll respond to your lame ass remarks (maybe) when you become a supporting member.

OK?

There you go again with your supporting member BS :rolleyes:

As soon as you stop talking down to non-supporting members and then I'll ignore you.

CVP33
02-19-06, 10:49 AM
C'mon fellas let's get back to talking about how the car sucks or doesn't not about how each other sucks. Speaking of sucks, anyone heard from Wldwhl? :highfive:

wildwhl
02-19-06, 01:27 PM
CVP33 - how did I know I could find you here. I really thought you'd be hangingin with Lord Pu$$y looking at the boob pics.

Verbs - your point is well taken. No more bashing folks, really not contributing by bashing at any level.

Wait a minute - a little more bashing.

CVP - if your SRT8 is so great, why do you still keep hanging out on the cool forum :kick: Nice to have you back.

CVP33
02-19-06, 01:30 PM
CVP33 - how did I know I could find you here. I really thought you'd be hangingin with Lord Pu$$y looking at the boob pics.

Verbs - your point is well taken. No more bashing folks, really not contributing by bashing at any level.

Wait a minute - a little more bashing.

CVP - if your SRT8 is so great, why do you still keep hanging out on the cool forum :kick: Nice to have you back.

Sir Vagineesis (wildwhl),

I love my new car. I hate my new forum. :highfive: Now ain't that a bitch. Speaking of bitches, what are you doing later. BTW - I did receive the new digital pictures of you at the petting zoo. I agree, that donkey really looks like he likes you. :highfive:

wildwhl
02-19-06, 01:36 PM
Cool. A perfect Sunday morning. 6 inches of snow out and it is cold as hell on this forum to boot.

I have most of the day available - but quite frankly can't help you round up your bitch 'vette driver from the zoo (we look a little alike, I understand the confusion). I don't think he intends to leave that donkey anytime soon :histeric:

Now, what was this thread about? Sorry to hear the new forum sucks. Can we help in any way? Some stories/lies to stir some interest over there?

WW

GNSCOTT
02-19-06, 01:44 PM

OK?

You reply to EVERY negative post about this car and call people winers. Just because you think you did not flush $52k down the toilet or took an unnecessary extra $10k in depreciation in value to sell what most people have proved is an underdeveloped performance vehicle> Look at every other post on this forum. You spend that kind of money on this car and it pisses you off to no end and you think everyone should just keep quiet about it? You also want to use the lame excuse that he is not a supporting member? Anyone posting on this forum supports it, and I also think that $52k was more than enough to invest in the CTS-V world.

I know, you are the type of guy that would sweep problems under the rug . You must be a GM service rep. I know I would have loved to have had this info before I bought my CTS-V, Then I could blame myself a little more and GM a little less.

Bottom line is he spent the money on the car, he has a right to critique it without you calling him a whiner. It's GM's fault every other post on this forum is a complaint, not the people with the complaints.

crowan
02-19-06, 02:39 PM
You reply to EVERY negative post about this car and call people winers. Just because you think you did not flush $52k down the toilet or took an unnecessary extra $10k in depreciation in value to sell what most people have proved is an underdeveloped performance vehicle> Look at every other post on this forum. You spend that kind of money on this car and it pisses you off to no end and you think everyone should just keep quiet about it? You also want to use the lame excuse that he is not a supporting member? Anyone posting on this forum supports it, and I also think that $52k was more than enough to invest in the CTS-V world.

I know, you are the type of guy that would sweep problems under the rug . You must be a GM service rep. I know I would have loved to have had this info before I bought my CTS-V, Then I could blame myself a little more and GM a little less.

Bottom line is he spent the money on the car, he has a right to critique it without you calling him a whiner. It's GM's fault every other post on this forum is a complaint, not the people with the complaints.

The problem is not the complaints. The problem is that the SAME PEOPLE keep making the SAME COMPLAINTS over and over and over again. That is what I consider to be a whiner.

Sure there are valid complaints, and every model has its share of lemons, but it has gotten to the point where the Whine Brigade screams "lemon law" everytime someone's windshield washer fluid resevoir runs dry. Further, take a look at the post history of many of the complainers and you see guys who have heavily modded their cars and/or beat the piss out of them.

CTS-V=whine. GM=whine. Depreciation=whine. If you hate the car, or the ownership exepirience, that much, do what CVP33 did. Cowboy up and get rid of the car. What's the alternative? Do you intend to come here everyday to scream "I still hate my car!"? That's not much of a plan.

CR

V-SATX
02-19-06, 03:12 PM
The problem is not the complaints. The problem is that the SAME PEOPLE keep making the SAME COMPLAINTS over and over and over again. That is what I consider to be a whiner.

Sure there are valid complaints, and every model has its share of lemons, but it has gotten to the point where the Whine Brigade screams "lemon law" everytime someone's windshield washer fluid resevoir runs dry. Further, take a look at the post history of many of the complainers and you see guys who have heavily modded their cars and/or beat the piss out of them.

CTS-V=whine. GM=whine. Depreciation=whine. If you hate the car, or the ownership exepirience, that much, do what CVP33 did. Cowboy up and get rid of the car. What's the alternative? Do you intend to come here everyday to scream "I still hate my car!"? That's not much of a plan.

CR

Amen!:want:

Geno
02-19-06, 03:28 PM
Amen!:want:

:yeah: Get over it already...you hate the car...you hate people that like the car...you had a bad childhood...you're picked on as a grown up...you're only 5'5" tall and the rest of the world if 6'...

ace996
02-19-06, 03:48 PM
The problem is not the complaints. The problem is that someone's windshield washer fluid resevoir runs dry

That is a problem. If you're winshield washer fluid runs dry 3 times or does not have fluid for 30 or more days within a 2yr or 18K mile period, then you can lemon law it. This will not be a valid lemon law claim if you've run anything other than the blue fluid, as GM can and will void your powertrain warrantee as a result of washer fluid pump abuse. And please don't even bring-up aftermarket wiper blades....there are spies on the forum!!!
-Lord Pu$$y
...I still love my car...but I want to kill her...

crowan
02-19-06, 03:58 PM
...I still love my car...but I want to kill her...

Case in point. How many frikkin' times are you going to make that point? How many lemon law posts are you going to make?

Do yourself a favor and get something that makes you happy. Hell, do us all a favor.

CR

LV_V
02-19-06, 04:24 PM
If I didn't buy mine used and already have 30k miles on it I would lemon mine. Its not here now, surprise surprise, but when I get around to it I'll put up the findings of my VIN search that will show everyone the complete service history. INSANE, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT.

ace996
02-19-06, 06:08 PM
Case in point. How many frikkin' times are you going to make that point? How many lemon law posts are you going to make?

Do yourself a favor and get something that makes you happy. Hell, do us all a favor.

CR
Many...Many...Many times...you don't like it? Why? You doubting your V-machismo? Have you thought about Lemon Lawing your car? I posted a link on each state's lemon laws above... As far as me getting out of my car, I would love to...really. I've lost hope on ever squeezing an ounce of joy out of my V...you want to know why? I'm sure you know...you read my posts...well, in case you haven't stayed fully informed of my current progress, my car is currently in the service department....AGAIN!!!! For a leaking tail-shaft seal...AGAIN... that's why. I can't just "get something that makes me happy" because I don't have it...its broken again.

You single me out, this I don't understand, because you're sick of me complaining and posting about what can be done by V owners who've been through more than what the law specifies as "reasonable"? How's your experience been? Good? If so, then I am envious, as someone should have a good experience with this car. But it seems as if there are plenty of people who've gotten a rough roll, dragged down by shoddy engineering and even worse dealer service experiences.

You don't like my posts? Don't read them, and if you do then do us, the people who've had it, a favor and sit it out. That too difficult to do? Do yourself a favor and STFU. STFU!!! You like your car, great!!!, then don't enter a thread about someone who's "had enough". It's the complaining that was done last year that prompted GM to change the spec'd diff on the V...the complaining that prompted GM to release the cradle-bushings...the complaining that may prompt GM to make more changes to help remedy the problems they designed into the car. Those benefits may just make your experience with the car better.

I'm on my way to making the situation better, not just complaining about it. So you can get the drinks and party-poppers ready, shouldn't be long...
-ace

crowan
02-19-06, 06:37 PM
Many...Many...Many times...you don't like it? Why? You doubting your V-machismo? Have you thought about Lemon Lawing your car? I posted a link on each state's lemon laws above... As far as me getting out of my car, I would love to...really. I've lost hope on ever squeezing an ounce of joy out of my V...you want to know why? I'm sure you know...you read my posts...well, in case you haven't stayed fully informed of my current progress, my car is currently in the service department....AGAIN!!!! For a leaking tail-shaft seal...AGAIN... that's why. I can't just "get something that makes me happy" because I don't have it...its broken again.

You single me out, this I don't understand, because you're sick of me complaining and posting about what can be done by V owners who've been through more than what the law specifies as "reasonable"? How's your experience been? Good? If so, then I am envious, as someone should have a good experience with this car. But it seems as if there are plenty of people who've gotten a rough roll, dragged down by shoddy engineering and even worse dealer service experiences.

You don't like my posts? Don't read them, and if you do then do us, the people who've had it, a favor and sit it out. That too difficult to do? Do yourself a favor and STFU. STFU!!! You like your car, great!!!, then don't enter a thread about someone who's "had enough". It's the complaining that was done last year that prompted GM to change the spec'd diff on the V...the complaining that prompted GM to release the cradle-bushings...the complaining that may prompt GM to make more changes to help remedy the problems they designed into the car. Those benefits may just make your experience with the car better.

I'm on my way to making the situation better, not just complaining about it. So you can get the drinks and party-poppers ready, shouldn't be long...
-ace

Dude:

I singled you out? Read your previous juvenile post and edit of my comments.

As far as avoiding your posts, that is difficult to do because you pop up everywhere with the same complaints and hissy fits.

My experience: 13,000 miles and no problems. Oops, I forgot that I had to use my Sharpie on a couple of flaking NAV buttons. Should I put the lemon law lawyer on speed dial?

Seriously, the constant complaining is just as annoying as if someone posted "The V is better than every other car made" on a daily basis. No one is saying that this should be a forum just for cheerleading on behalf of the V. People who experience problems can, and should, make their experiences known. But geez, how long can you beat the same dead horse? You've made your point. We know where you stand. Chill out, fix your problem, be happy.

CR

++Fixx++
02-19-06, 07:08 PM
I love my V!:) Good luck with the lemon law, I had a sun roof that leaked here in Kansas and they worked on it 8+ times but would not buy the car back. I hired a lawyer and still was unable to dump the car. I fianally sat down with the owner of the Dealership and we settled on a agreement. The Dealership bought my car back. By the way this was not a V but a Honda Accord.
Now purchasing this Cadillac I would be fool too think there are not going to be any issues so I will keep pumping the warranty and extending hopefully until they find the right patch for any flaws. My 1993 Seville served me for 250,000 miles and the only money I put into it was a new exhaust system and AC unit. Once in a blue moon you may get a real cherry. But here in America it can be a gamble and we all know that. I love how unique the V is so I will probably put up with a lot of sh*t before I dump her.:thumbsup: These are just my thoughts and if I offend anyone I apologize as I am not intending to do so.

++Fixx++

CVP33
02-19-06, 08:00 PM
Cool. A perfect Sunday morning. 6 inches of snow out and it is cold as hell on this forum to boot.

I have most of the day available - but quite frankly can't help you round up your bitch 'vette driver from the zoo (we look a little alike, I understand the confusion). I don't think he intends to leave that donkey anytime soon :histeric:

Now, what was this thread about? Sorry to hear the new forum sucks. Can we help in any way? Some stories/lies to stir some interest over there?

WW

WW,

Why have you singled me out?! I have been nothing but nice to you. I've sent you flowers after everyone of our dates. I sent you thank you cards after your gifts, some of which were obviously re-gifts (WW monogram G-string?). And BTW, the digital picture and wav file were clearly you. I could hear your voice (won't repeat what you said to the donkey) and for the record you have hair on your back and 10secvette does not. :eek:

Sincerely,

Yer pal cvp33

wildwhl
02-19-06, 08:32 PM
WW,

Why have you singled me out?!

Sincerely,

Yer pal cvp33

Because you're so cute...and when you squeal, well, you squeal like a pig (I think I hear banjos in your voice).

XOXOXOXO

WW

10secvette
02-20-06, 01:37 AM
I could hear your voice (won't repeat what you said to the donkey) and for the record you have hair on your back and 10secvette does not. :eek:

Sincerely,

Yer pal cvp33

You kiss and tell SOB!!!

wildwhl
02-20-06, 02:09 AM
10secvette - I warned you not to trust a Mopar(wo)man!

naiculnila
02-20-06, 08:45 AM
Well this thread has gotten a bit out of hand and blown all out of proportion...

MODS please feel free to lock it or delete it!

urbanski
02-20-06, 08:58 AM
Well this thread has gotten a bit out of hand and blown all out of proportion...

MODS please feel free to lock it or delete it!
done