: Saw 2 UNbelievable Caddies today : LOOK

Sandy
01-02-04, 09:49 PM
I went to a strip mall to get some things. In a far off corner there was a group of Caddy-People gathered with their cars. Total of like6 cars. Two of them were beyond any typed description.

#1. 1976 Eldorado Convertible : White Top / Black Body / Red Pin Stripe & Red Leather...
A 100Pt car. flawless, impeccable, concours car, could take 1st at Pebble Beach!

#2. 1964 Fleetwood Sixty Special in Light Green Met. with Dk. Green Brocade Cloth, fully opptioned, including Pwr. Vent Wings and Air Conditioning (Rare for 1964). This car was 100% all there. The interior was, as new. The paint a little faded, but not bad. It looked 100% original, down to the original wide whitewalls.

Two of the most outstanding Caddies I have ever seen. 27 years old & 40 years old.

the Sandman
01-02-04, 09:50 PM
No pictures?? :suspect:

Sandy
01-02-04, 09:52 PM
Went there to go to food market & rent Video. Did not have any type of camera with me. Never expected to see such outstanding examples there, (of all places) - Sorry.....

Ralph
01-02-04, 09:58 PM
NICE! Reminds me of this summer when I saw and talked to a guy who has a restored 1959 Eldo convt. in a light pink-pearl color. It was absolutely the most incredible car I have ever seen. Took the guy 9 years to restore it.

ps, Sandy, maybe you know about something, on the dash of his '59 there was something that looked like a tach, but I don't think it was, it kinda looked like a light housed in a tach or ? Do you know what these were for?

brougham
01-02-04, 10:06 PM
Neat! Don't see many around here, especially in winter :bonkers:

ps, Sandy, maybe you know about something, on the dash of his '59 there was something that looked like a tach, but I don't think it was, it kinda looked like a light housed in a tach or ? Do you know what these were for?

Sounds like the Autronic eye that automatically dimms the headlights.

Ralph
01-02-04, 10:44 PM
Neat! Don't see many around here, especially in winter :bonkers:

Sounds like the Autronic eye that automatically dimms the headlights.

That's an interesting option, especially for 1959! Cars should have it today, but I'm guessing some already do?

Sandy
01-03-04, 12:45 AM
There was a HUGE discussion about Autronic Eye on the Lincoln Board, where I am SUPER active. http://www.lincolnsclub.org

Final years for this feature:

Imperial - 1975
Cadillac - 1988
Lincoln - 1993 on Town Car & 1994 on Mark VIII

Night Wolf
01-03-04, 02:43 AM
well, last summer when my father stopped the gas station to get some gum and stuff, I looked and coudn't belive it...I got out of our '99 GTP and walked over.... right there was a mint '60 Sedan DeVille hardtop, I talked witht he guy forever.... he said he lives right in town, but I never seen him (or the car!) before.... anyway, it had like 25k origanal miles, he sad it was in a barn, tires flat, adn just sitting, it was all origanal, the paint, the interrior, which was still soft, and had a hint of new car smell (!) he showed me how Cadillac cheaped out and used stainless steel on the trim on the doors, but the really small piece was still chroe, which was pittped and stuff.... I told him my dream car is a fully restored '59 Eldo drop to, and he coudln't believe I even knew what that car was..... man, that was sweet.....

...yeah the Autronic eye was neat...my fathers '77 Coupe DeVille (that he sold) used to have it, and my grandfathers '87 Town Car (sol too) had it.... but the one on the TC was alot better at juding the oncoming light etc..... I don't know why they don't use it anymore....I think it was an option on Cadillac in the early 50's......'54?

davesdeville
01-03-04, 05:04 AM
Other than my ex 75 deville I don't think there are many classic Caddys here. :(

Smokey
01-03-04, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=Sandy]There was a HUGE discussion about Autronic Eye on the Lincoln Board, where I am SUPER active. http://www.lincolnsclub.org (http://www.lincolnsclub.org/)

HELLO Sandy! I keep running into you! I sold my Lincoln Continental, had a CV HPP for about 3 weeks and now have a 2000 Deville. Nice to see a familar face. :)

Sandy
01-03-04, 10:56 AM
Hi, Smokey! Hey, you are ahead of me....now! Time for me to change my underwear again!! Town Car to Continential to Crown Vic to deVille! Keep me posted as to where you go next. I've been apointed to follow you around the cyberspace :) Happy New year! I am here, the LOD board and my own site ('Ya...I actually have my own)! http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ascmclaren

S A N D Y