: junkyard finds. pics. yes.

brougham_geezer
02-15-06, 09:28 PM
Today my brother and I took the '81 GMC to go pick up a nice, mint condition hood for the truck from a place we heard about. Our truck's hood is too sunburnt to stand up to a sanding/painting, and our resto of the rest of the vehicle is now complete, as she's going in for paint soon.

We pulled up to this guy's place and the hood was perfecto, and we loaded it on the truck. Really nice guy. The interesting aspect for you guys, are the other vehicles he had parked around. He's a retired junkyard owner, and lives just down the road to his old place that his friend operates now. In his retirement, he buys and fixes up old cars, with 3 beauties in his garage right now. I asked to take some pics of these cars for you characters to see.

The guy also had bought a '64 Coupe Deville I had been looking at back in the summer of '03. We couldn't scrouge up the $4500 at the time. It ended up with him however, as we found out in conversation. He sold it last year to a friend nearby, who owns 85 Cadillacs, but had apparently never owned a '64! Crazy eh? I'll try to dig up a picture of that car later on, but enjoys these for now. A nice pair of stacked-light Cads, a big white Buick with those neato/unique fins, and a Granada-based Lincoln Versailles. What do you guys think?

caddycruiser
02-15-06, 09:57 PM
You never do know what you're going to find at the local scrap yard!

As of late, I'm becoming obsessed with doing internet searches for different salvage places nationwide and picking up random parts for my '95 Fleetwood, and have really hit on a goldmine in Florida that has 8 of them sitting around. So far, I've found everything I wanted and more, the people are great to deal with, prices good, and they package and ship like real professionals--a blessing because, not only are there very few yards around where I live, but the ones that are there don't have anything even remotely close to the cars I'd be looking for.

Good find:thumbsup:

N0DIH
02-16-06, 10:17 AM
Snag the rear end out of the Versallies! It is a Ford 9in with disc brakes! That sucker is worth $$. And it is a nice narrower size, fits is other cars too.

lecabz
03-04-06, 09:43 PM
seen any lecabs in a yard sitting /

sparkling3usus
03-04-06, 09:56 PM
Have any of you checked out this site? Sometimes there is some really good buys on caddys here. http://www.monkeyads.com/classifieds.asp?cat=DCAD