: My CTS-V :)

++Fixx++
02-15-06, 09:06 PM
After test driving an available V (Traded in on XLR) last Saturday I said good bye to my 04 CTS and picked up my 04 CTS-V on Monday.:) Mine is Black and looks extremely fast just sitting in my drive way. As I posted in the CTS forums my wife noticed the difference between the cars right off the bat so there was some explaining to do. I did a pretty good job to justify the absolute need for this dream come true. I had to promise a lot of things, like, this will be the last car I will ever buy. I will be the best husband in the world if you will please just let me keep this car. etc.. I actually had to sign an agreement that she is posting to constantly remind me of all my commitments.\
I have no regrets; the car makes me feel like I am 20 years old again and has brought back the excitement I used to have with previous sports cars. My V has 6k miles and has the original run flats with about 1/3 of their tread left. Exterior is immaculate but may need some wax. Interior was filthy but cleaned up nicely when the dealership detailed it.
Anyway great to be here and look forward to all the modding tips.

++Fixx++

BadCad
02-15-06, 09:10 PM
welcome aboard - get ready to sign more agreements and promise lots of honey-do's as you read about the available mods. your wife will enjoy you buying the V.

heavymetals
02-15-06, 09:17 PM
:welcome:

Let us know what she thinks of those agreements the first time you take her for a ride and give her a "white knuckler".:histeric:

Florian
02-15-06, 09:20 PM
:welcome:

Let us know what she thinks of those agreements the first time you take her for a ride and give her a "white knuckler".:histeric:

Is that like an 'angry dragon' or 'cleveland steamer'?

F

BowenCT
02-15-06, 09:38 PM
It's like a 'donkey punch'.

Dreamin
02-15-06, 09:44 PM
You didn't tell your wife you bought a new car :banghead: :worship: :worship:

:welcome: to the forum

You're DOOMED!

stkshkr
02-15-06, 09:46 PM
Welcome, start looking for Mods.
I have told my wife the same thing for every car I've bought for the last 40 years

DILLIGAF
02-15-06, 09:51 PM
It's like a 'donkey punch'.:canttalk:

CVP33
02-15-06, 09:59 PM
:canttalk:

Monkey steals peach.
Wrestling the pork steeple.
Pressure wash the ham biscuit.

Sorry I can't help myself.

kjr39
02-15-06, 10:07 PM
Congrats on buying the V.

Especially given that you are still alive to talk about it (my wife would kill me if I bought a car without talking to her about it!)

Skeeter
02-16-06, 10:41 AM
What'd you pay? '05?

Geno
02-16-06, 06:32 PM
Congratulations and welcome aboard. I hope your "V" is one of the good "V"'s, just like mine.:thumbsup:

Save some money in the mean time for the inevitable mods!

V-SATX
02-16-06, 07:09 PM
Welcome. When were you going to tell here after the white knuckles:thepan: or before?

++Fixx++
02-16-06, 07:39 PM
After the white knuckles. I paid 36k and its an 04 with 6k miles. My conversation with my wife went like this last night. Hey honey since I traded for the CTS-V you know the one with the little better engine in it I would really like to work with you a little on driving it. Her response. I f*&*&NG know how to drive a stick, my dad taught me in high school so save your lesson. So I am thinking hhhmmm there aint no way in hell she is driving my car with that attitude. Ok sweetheart but this is not a volkswagen beetle and you have no idea about the power involved here. (nor did I, if you read my post: INTRODUCTION TO 400 HORSES):)
We have yet to take the V out together but i think a wide open parking lot with no poles would work very well for the first time;).

++Fixx++

heavymetals
02-16-06, 08:24 PM
Wait till she takes her girl friends out to lunch in it.:eek:

That will be good for a beer story.:alchi:

V-SATX
02-17-06, 12:08 AM
I can see it now….honey everything was ok until I tried that :eek: :eek: competitive driving mode. Then I lost track of the rear tires and that fence was all tangled with the front….I am sorry honey...I told you not to buy that big engine:helpless: :helpless: