: UUC Shift Knob

scottimartini
02-15-06, 06:48 PM
Has anyone tried out the UUC shift knob that weighs almost 2 lbs? It doesn't look as nice as the stock leather wrapped one, but I'm sure the extra weight helps.

Mat347
02-15-06, 06:54 PM
What would it help??

Skeeter
02-15-06, 07:54 PM
Yes, I had that on my car. Awesome shift knob. The heft and mass made the shorter throw require less effort than it felt like it needed with a lighter shift knob. Felt much better in the hand, dense heavy stainless steel block.

The only downside was that it had the wrong shift pattern printed on it. No biggie for me, but I always worried when I left her with a valet or the like. Though I ALWAYS worried when leaving the V with a valet :)

I highly reccomend getting that shift knob, though. Made the UUC shifter even more fun. Icing on the cake.

Skeeter

Lindsay Cadillac
02-15-06, 08:57 PM
If you are referring to this knob http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63121 I have it in my car. The weight/mass of the knob does change the way the shifter feels. It feels smoother and easier to move the shifter as your shifting. It is an acquired taste though, I understand there were a few that didn't like the way it looked. I'm not sure which knob Skeeter has/had but this one does have the correct shift pattern on it.

And I know where you can get one if you are interested... :D

BadCad
02-15-06, 08:57 PM
this is not that UUC knob that looks like a giant metal dildo, is it?

Skeeter
02-16-06, 11:46 PM
Hahahah! Yes, BadCad, it always got crazy looks from female passengers. I never saw the match, but yes, that's the one.

:)

Skeeter

BadCad
02-17-06, 06:46 PM
rumor has it that those who have this shift knob get lots of requests for rides by females... hmmmmmm. :lildevil: