: The clunck is normal?

V-SATX
02-15-06, 05:06 PM
I took my V in for service along with the TSB regarding the faulty clutch assembly. I simply wanted to see what response I would get on the noticeable clunk that I hear periodically in the drive train. My dealerís response was as follows:

The clutch is fine and we were unable to duplicate the problem sited in the TSB
The clunk is normal and expected play between the clutch assembly, drive shaft and rear differential.
I did notice a lack of eye contact during the last statement.:confused:

Seattle CTS-V
02-15-06, 05:15 PM
I took my V in for service along with the TSB regarding the faulty clutch assembly. I simply wanted to see what response I would get on the noticeable clunk that I hear periodically in the drive train. My dealerís response was as follows:

The clutch is fine and we were unable to duplicate the problem sited in the TSB
The clunk is normal and expected play between the clutch assembly, drive shaft and rear differential.
I did notice a lack of eye contact during the last statement.:confused:

The clunk is very normal for our cars. The TSB is for something a little different. I had it done. When redlining the car in the 1-2 shift, the clutch pedal actually felt like it was being suctioned down to the floor.

naiculnila
02-15-06, 05:47 PM
The clunk was "normal" the first three times i took it in. Then i took it to a different dealer and the differential was replaced.

Now....NO CLUNK!....like there was before anyway!