: Killed a Clydesdale

barry007
02-15-06, 10:15 AM
Here Mr. Mustang and I are merging on to one of our north bound freeways this morning (I-94W to I-275N for those in the area). He definately has an exhaust and maybe a little more in his 2000 era GT. His license plate translates to 'more power than your V8' - MRPRTH8 - i think as i didnt see it besides passing him ;)

I pull along side and this kids game...he's in the left lane and i'm in the middle cruising at 70 - i see him reach for his gears and i punch it - by 115 i'm way ahead, so far so i wondered if he missed shifted or something...i wait for him and we go again, this time from 80-120 (for me, not sure if he made it that high before laying off the throttle) again he was way back. At this time i moved to the right lane and waited to see if he wanted to keep playing, sure enough here he comes now in the middle lane...i'm now in 3rd at 60-65ish...waiting...waiting...he looks over at me smiling, this time i wanted to reel him in so i let him punch it...wait about a second, and bamn...caught his ass in the 80's as i switch to forth (traction control coming on). he couldn't believe how quickly and effortlessly i pulled and passed.

Gave the thumbs up and flashed his lights...to the glue factory with this one.

Jees this made my morning...

CIWS
02-15-06, 10:23 AM
You know killing a man's horse in Texas is still on the books as a hanging offense, good thing ya'll were in Michigan ;)

Congrats on having some Horse for breakfast !

Dooman
02-15-06, 11:01 AM
Man, those Mini's can pull like that? NIce! Imagine how easy it would have been in your Cadillac V!

Kadonny
02-15-06, 11:06 AM
:histeric: :histeric:

Your thread title is killing me!

Keep up the good work, but its really not fair picking on a 2000 Mustang, its really not.

barry007
02-15-06, 11:27 AM
For the record, he picked me...

Also, don't knock the Coop...it has surpised many an unknowing would-be racer. Believe me, it pulls all the way to 140+...when we first got it I could not believe how easy it was to run up those revs and have some fun.

B

stkshkr
02-15-06, 11:55 AM
MMMMMM...... Horsemeat burgers and fried rice
Oh my

rand49er
02-15-06, 01:41 PM
Hey, Barry, what time of day was that? Musta been post rush hour, otherwise you'd have had some large hood ornaments (e.g. trunk lids, rear bumpers, etc.). :histeric:

barry007
02-15-06, 01:50 PM
Hey, Barry, what time of day was that? Musta been post rush hour, otherwise you'd have had some large hood ornaments (e.g. trunk lids, rear bumpers, etc.). :histeric:

about 930 this morning

kjr39
02-15-06, 02:34 PM
Die, Mustang, Die!

:horse:

VelodromeRacer
02-15-06, 06:22 PM
I like the kill....and I will add, I have a client with a new mini..with the works package and a small supercharger, exhaust...then he brought it to me because he didn't know how to lay a black strip in my lot...welllllll that little car was not only fat but I left a streak all down the block as it howled with fright!!

turbojimmy
02-15-06, 06:27 PM
His license plate translates to 'more power than your V8' - MRPRTH8

Why would he have a plate that said that if he had a V8 (a GT has a V8). Not that the GT is quick or anything, but are you sure it wasn't a V6? Not that some V6s don't have more power than V8s, either ;).

Jim

CTSV05
02-15-06, 06:36 PM
Nice Kill...

We had a S, trust me they scoot!!
But, it left us for the V....which except in the tightest of corners smokes it.

Mat347
02-15-06, 06:53 PM
Why would he have a plate that said that if he had a V8 (a GT has a V8). Not that the GT is quick or anything, but are you sure it wasn't a V6? Not that some V6s don't have more power than V8s, either ;).

Jim

I'm sure it was an 8, but those years only had 260HP, with 400 on tap, he should have been able to play with him as he did.

turbojimmy
02-19-06, 07:32 AM
I'm sure it was an 8, but those years only had 260HP, with 400 on tap, he should have been able to play with him as he did.

k - Then I'm confused by the plate. Nice kill anyway.

Jim

Alexs EXT
02-19-06, 08:12 AM
Damn, I was half-expected to see a totalled cadi and a dead horse somewhere :eek:

Good job on the kill though :thumbsup: