: CTS-V demographics poll

M5eatr
02-15-06, 10:46 AM
Since someone from the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) has posted the demographics from Caddy and or his/her preception. I just wanted to see how closely they represent our group here.

M5eatr
02-15-06, 11:39 AM
TAC's words:

Probably 80% of the people that purchase and drive these type of "v" models are buying them for nothing more that a status. Remember Cadillac has always been about luxury 1st and preformance 2nd.... The other 20% will nit pic the vehicle and push it to the max and complain its not like there "ferrari". I think it is nice for what it is but its not something thats for everybody.

Mat347
02-15-06, 02:43 PM
I don't see how 80% could be for status when 99.9% of the normal populace don't even know what the V is!

I'm sure 80% got the V for the performance, I know I did.

CTS-VPaco
02-15-06, 03:23 PM
Performance, four door Z06. If I could've justified a two seater, a Z06 would be parked outside right now.

diverdan
02-15-06, 05:52 PM
My V replaced my Z06 because I needed a little more practicality, for the time being. I will eventually get another Z06, but the 4 door version will do for the immediate future.

John

Merle Corey
02-15-06, 06:07 PM
Performance, four door Z06. If I could've justified a two seater, a Z06 would be parked outside right now.

:yeah:

calicadi
02-15-06, 06:58 PM
:yeah:

Ditto.

AmesCTS-V
02-15-06, 07:07 PM
I DD the car and love it for the power I can use if I want. Do I push it all the time, no.

Very few of my friends have cool cars so my GTO was plenty to 1 up them. The V was just for me.

Koooop
02-16-06, 12:48 AM
One up my friends? Not with a Cadillac. :bigroll: They gots all their teeth and lots more green than me.

The V is tons of fun :thumbsup: , but not Ferrari fun :dance: .

The tac guy thinks you buy a V for status, LOL :thepan: Few know what the V is, most think it's the $30,000 car in the commercial parked next to the CEO.

I love the V, but I bought it for what it is... A Z06 WITH A PATIO! WOOHOO!
(and I don't have to suffer with some crappy Northstar)

Got5onit
02-16-06, 01:12 AM
Ford offers nothing like the V. My '03 Cobra didn't have enough room and I refuse to buy an import. I needed a back seat for kiddies without sacrificing power. :lildevil:

My decision to purchase had absolutley NOTHING to do with status. In all honesty, if Ford did offer their Supercharged 4.6L motor in a 4 door sedan with a 6spd, I probably would've gone that route, only because I've always been a "Ford" guy. Not even their suped up Jaguar comes in a 6spd. I'm glad they had nothing for me 'cause I love my V.

f2000keith
02-16-06, 01:31 AM
Luxury of a tuxedo, but with balls the size of Oklahoma. It needed to hold its own on a roadcourse against other performance vehicles too. I was willing to make some 'refinement' sacrifices as so many have pointed out against superior German engineering cars like the M5, but I'm also not that wealthy to throw down the extra $30k.

ace996
02-16-06, 02:28 AM
Performance tuned on the Nurburgring isn't "status" to me. Sad though, I really thought I found the perfect car...
-ace

PneuBird
02-16-06, 05:33 AM
The "V" ain't perfect.....but my "caddy" with balls is a hell of a lot of fun!!! :burn:

Geno
02-16-06, 09:22 AM
Ford offers nothing like the V. My '03 Cobra didn't have enough room and I refuse to buy an import. I needed a back seat for kiddies without sacrificing power. :lildevil:

My decision to purchase had absolutley NOTHING to do with status. In all honesty, if Ford did offer their Supercharged 4.6L motor in a 4 door sedan with a 6spd, I probably would've gone that route, only because I've always been a "Ford" guy. Not even their suped up Jaguar comes in a 6spd. I'm glad they had nothing for me 'cause I love my V.

Slightly off subject...but almost exactly the same point here. Ford left me, I didn't leave them...ditto I love this car. There are only three things in life I can't get enough of and one of 'em is driving my "V".:highfive:

M5eatr
02-16-06, 10:22 AM
The results have surprised me a bit. There is a fair number of V owners that can’t spell. Maybe they were drawn to it because the car has only one letter and easy for them to spell and remember? Other cars have numbers as well as letters, E55, M5, or longer names. Imagine having to spell Quattroporte? Well goes to show that higher education isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. Gates dropped out of Harvard and look at him now. Some V owners must have walked out of kindergarten but still managed to do well enough to afford a 50k car. Great going guys but may I suggest Hooked on Phonics (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1931020299/104-7671595-9534348?v=glance&n=283155). If you need a little more remediation Elmo provides great entertainment while learning at the same time. Elmo's Alphabet Jungle (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QFDW/qid=1140098109/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-7671595-9534348?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130[/url].) is an excellent choice. My two year old highly recomends this one..

Keep the results coming guys.

diverdan
02-16-06, 11:36 AM
I love the V, but I bought it for what it is... A Z06 WITH A PATIO! WOOHOO!

:rofl:

I didn't buy the V because it was a Cadillac. I bought it in spite of the fact it was a Cadillac. I have already been getting a ration from my friends for buying one. "I never thought I would see you driving a Cadillac" is the common thread. Cadillac was just the first one to make a car of it's type that performs to the level it does at the price. I exclude the SRT8s because they don't really turn me on and are way heavy. For it's type it was the best car for me, regardless of manufacturer. Now, If I had an additional $50K just laying around, I would probably be getting into one of the new M5s.
Aww, who am I kidding, if I had an additional $50k, I'd have an '06 Z06 and spend the rest on a beater for a DD.

CTS-VPaco
02-17-06, 05:49 PM
If I had 80 or 90k worth of extra cash, a new Z06 and a clean li'l Honda would be my choice (assuming I could possibly locate and purchase a Z06 for sticker or less).

But the reality of my bank account only allowed for my V. I love the fact it has a shitload of torque, is RWD and has a six speed gear box. That's probably why I bought it, even if it was $10k more than a clean li'l '02 Z06 was. But, with all the issues, I can't help but wonder 'what if'. My Z06 coulda been one wicked ride for the extra 10G's. And I bet I could've gotten a much wider wheel to fit on the back of my Z06 rather than these ***** 10" wide wheels.

CTS-VPaco
02-17-06, 05:51 PM
Oh, and I get alot of the 'hey, I didn't think you'd drive that', but my good friends all just laugh and say, 'it really fits you, pimpin'!'. My business partner is a rather large black man and people always come into our shop and compliment him on his choice of vehicle. I just laugh.

GOTTSPD
02-17-06, 06:27 PM
I bought this car for what it is - not who it might impress. I think the V is an absolutely amazing car for the $. I hope to have it for a very long time.

rand49er
02-17-06, 06:32 PM
... recomends ...Ironic, ain't it?

rand49er
02-17-06, 06:40 PM
Ironic, ain't it?J/K ... it happens to everyone now and again. But, I must agree, some of the spelling here just can't be chalked up to "typos" in all instances; some are downright appalling! However, I'd like to think of it as this forum having character.:rolleyes:

M5eatr
02-17-06, 08:00 PM
J/K ... it happens to everyone now and again. But, I must agree, some of the spelling here just can't be chalked up to "typos" in all instances; some are downright appalling! However, I'd like to think of it as this forum having character.:rolleyes:
Well, it looks like I'll be watching Elmo tonight.