: Whats up with people not leaving feedback on Ebay?!

Caddy Man
02-14-06, 07:47 PM
I know its not a big deal, but the last SIX transactions I have made, no one has left me feedback whether I was the buyer or seller. Im one of those people that maintains communication throughout, provides tracking numbers, and always ships the next day or even the same day if I can, or if I am the buyer, I pay immediately. Just bugs me people cant take 2 seconds and just leave some feedback. This one guy bought a watch from me for his girl, needed it before christmas. I live in Detroit he lives in Toronto, when I went to mail it, UPS said it would take almost 10 days because they are so busy and Canadian mail has to go to Toronto first, so I crossed the border into Windsor, so it would get to him quicker. Sat at the border for almost an hour getting my entire car searched because I had a package. Just kinda pisses me off peopel cant just leave a quick comment for a good transaction. :want:

mccombie_5
02-14-06, 07:51 PM
I send them a message asking them to leave feedback.

gary88
02-14-06, 08:12 PM
I know what you mean! I just won 3 things off ebay on thursday, paid for them immediatley after I won them, and have only gotten feedback from 1 person so far. It really gets to me.

davesdeville
02-14-06, 08:15 PM
Just to be sure, you are leaving them feedback first, and they're not reciprocating, right?

Caddy Man
02-14-06, 08:19 PM
Just to be sure, you are leaving them feedback first, and they're not reciprocating, right?
Well I did for the first 4 people they were all buyers from me, but my last 2 transactions I havent left and wont leave until they leave me, I emailed them too about about it. I am an avid Ebay user, so having good feedback is important to me.

CVP33
02-14-06, 08:22 PM
I send them a message asking them to leave feedback.

Me too! Mine is over 254 positives from over 320 buyers with only one jackass, ignorant, newbie, assinine, freaking negative comment. No I'm not bitter. :want:

Elvis
02-14-06, 08:57 PM
I'm at 88 or 89, never had a negative or neutral.

Lately I'm noticing the same thing--people expect YOU to go first. Then they take a week or two to respond to it.

I always leave it as soon as it's earned.

Dadillac
02-14-06, 09:22 PM
I buy alot of stuff from Ebay, but as of yet, have not sold anything. It really pisses me off that sellers do not leave feedback until the buyer leaves feedback. Being the buyer, and paying within a few minutes after auctions end, I feel that I have lived up to my end of the deal, which warrants immediate feedback. But, the last 12-15 sellers, didn't leave feedback, until I did. It sucks, but what can you do.

Don

FastCTS
02-15-06, 05:01 PM
Thanks for reminding me I received an item yesterday, I better leave a good feedback for the seller. :thumbsup:

LittleB
02-15-06, 05:05 PM
I buy a lot of stuff on e-bay and I have received feedback 99% of the time. I think I have only had to ask 2 people to leave me feedback before. Normally people are really good about it, especially the power sellers because they want you to give them positive feedback in return.

addison_ii
02-15-06, 05:20 PM
I have bought 3 things within the past 2 months and have only gotten feedback for 1. Last quarter of last year I bought 5 things and didn't receive any feedback. I leave feedback as soon as I get the item and it checks out but a lot of sellers are plainly forgetting or maybe just not leaving feedback at all. It really irks me because I'm an avid ebay user as well and I want to boost my rating.

LittleB
02-15-06, 05:24 PM
That seems so odd that you aren't receiving feedback. Are the people you are buying from experienced sellers? I just always seem to buy from power sellers and they take their feedback pretty seriously, so they are always sure to leave me feedback to insure that I will do the same for them.

Rolex
02-15-06, 05:28 PM
I have 8 buys and 1 sell, all with positive feedback. My username only shows 8 as the feedback count. I have always waited until after I receive the item I bought to leave feedback. I've never had anyone neglect to leave a comment though. :hmm:

itsabughunt
02-15-06, 05:31 PM
I buy alot of stuff from Ebay, but as of yet, have not sold anything. It really pisses me off that sellers do not leave feedback until the buyer leaves feedback. Being the buyer, and paying within a few minutes after auctions end, I feel that I have lived up to my end of the deal, which warrants immediate feedback. But, the last 12-15 sellers, didn't leave feedback, until I did. It sucks, but what can you do.

Don

I agree with you 100%. As a prospective buyer I made a bid, then I won and then I paid. My end of the deal is complete. Leave me feedback as soon as payment is made, it sounds pretty logical to me. A seller who waits for me to leave feedback first isnt going to get any. Its even funnier when they send an email asking me to leave feedback. They didn't, why should I?

Caddy Man
02-15-06, 05:40 PM
You know, i would always leave feedback as soon as someone payed me for an item I was selling, but the 4 times in a row, they havent left me any feedback after I left them, so I stopped and now I email and tell them I will leave once you do. I dont know how you can just forget, Ebay constatly reminds you to leave feedback on your home page when you sign in. Are people just so lazy???

Elvis
02-15-06, 05:48 PM
I've noticed that there are a lot of non-English speaking sellers now. They just don't communicate well. They let eBay and Paypal handle all of their communications for them.

I've only had direct contact with one out of the past five sellers. He was in Alabama and it turns out we know somebody in common. That's the only reason he made direct contact with me. He e-mailed me to ask because it's such a small town.

LittleB
02-15-06, 05:52 PM
I've noticed that there are a lot of non-English speaking sellers now. They just don't communicate well. They let eBay and Paypal handle all of their communications for them.

I've only had direct contact with one out of the past five sellers. He was in Alabama and it turns out we know somebody in common. That's the only reason he made direct contact with me. He e-mailed me to ask because it's such a small town.

I've noticed that too! I will send message to a seller and either I don't get a response, or I do and it's very broken english and doesn't answer my question, or it's a one word answer. I have had great communication with most sellers though.