: Losing My Mind

Tommy Deville
02-14-06, 06:59 PM
Man I have never seen so many diffrent topics about blown head gaskets, I think In all my years (31 1/2) I know of maybe 2 or 3 possibly 4 people who have had a blown head gasket, none of them have been in Cadiilacs, or North* motors.

It was not until I disocvered this site that I learned of all the head gasket fears, I have now done myself two head gasket leak checks on my Deville concurs, and AND on my work trucks. But what happened to me last night has me really wondering..............

I had a really detailed dream while driving my devile On the richmond Pkwy here in Staten Island going up a steep hill at about 85 MPH that my temp guage not only went to the 280 degree mark it started blinking red and there was the whitest smoke spewing from my tail pipe, it was so bad that a cop pulled me over but it was not just any cop it was my mechanic! He immediately read me the riot act for driving my Caddy at a high speed up a hill with a blown head gasket them he towed my car away.

Then to top it off I was put In "Cadiilac Jail" and my sentence was to fix my own car with limited tools and no technical manual, so there I was wearing a prison blues work suit, the kind You see a chain gang wear, my car up on ramps amd all I have is 9 piece ratchet set, which was metric, go figure that one and no real good light to speak off, all the while people where watching me though a plate glass window, probally mocking me as I has no Idea what I was doing.

As I looked around I reliazed I was not alone there where dozens of other people with there caddys on ramps sentenced to the same fate. Well I dont really remeber much after that,I remeber talking to one of my cell mates, A black dude, who said he was a mechanic and he could not fix he car with the limited tools that where given to him and that we were screwed.

Perhaps this is my hell ? :welcome:

The moral of the story, Everyone should stop being so parinoid:yawn:

SHERIFF
02-15-06, 11:02 AM
I had a really detailed dream....

That would have been some good stuff for the movie Sin City. :devilheh:

davesdeville
02-15-06, 03:41 PM
That'd be a very bad dream :(

gothicaleigh
02-15-06, 03:52 PM
Sounds like a garage I used to manage...

:p

Playdrv4me
02-15-06, 05:19 PM
LOL!!! JUST AS I HOVERED MY MOUSE OVER THE TOPIC OF YOUR THREAD TO READ THE CONTENTS.. I Was typing to my friend who had just asked me why I was considering trading cars AGAIN... THE VERY WORDS... "They have headgasket issues I wasnt really aware of"..

hahaha!!

Spyder
02-15-06, 07:32 PM
I never had headgasket issues in either of my northstars...but I did spin the bearings in the first miserable son of a whore. Still bitter about that one...the second ran like a top, hell, the first ran freaking beautifully up until that day that it went "clunk, clank clank clank clackitty clack f you you're clunk bang bang screwed. Clack."

Ranger
02-15-06, 09:23 PM
You are suffering from a severe case of internetitis. Step away from the computer. Mix yourself a stiff drink,come back in the morning and do not read anymore head gasket stories.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-06, 10:13 PM
Hey I'd be pissed too if I spun my main bearing on my 4.9! :)