: I got a question for the guys...

LittleB
02-14-06, 06:49 PM
Would you guys LIKE to receive flowers from your girl? I have asked a few guys and gotten mixed answers. I am asking this because I was joking around with my man and giving him sh*t for never getting me flowers, and he said "Well you don't get me flowers either!" to which I responded "Don't give me that bullsh*t you wouldn't want flowers..." and he said "Yes I would!" He jokes around A LOT though, and part of me thinks he is joking....

So what would you think if you got flowers from your girlfriend/wife?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-06, 06:50 PM
Well If I had a girlfriend.....

It would be a nice gesture, but no not really.

LittleB
02-14-06, 06:53 PM
LOL I am debating on whether or not I should pick up some flowers for him on the way home...I am pretty sure he was kidding, but part of me wants to do it just to mess with him (because he'd get a kick out of it) and also to say LOOK at least SOMEONE here got flowers today!!

mccombie_5
02-14-06, 06:54 PM
I got a rose today from Jessica. It currently resides ina wine bottle filled with lemonade, because I dont own a vase.

I love flowers, I come from a family that sold flowers for years on my paternal grandmas side, and I would love to receive nice flowers from my g/f.

DBA-One
02-14-06, 06:55 PM
Men don't want flowers as a gift. A rolex, yes but flowers? No.

"Well you don't get me flowers either!" to which I responded "Don't give me that bullsh*t you wouldn't want flowers..."

You were absolutley correct with the above.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-06, 06:56 PM
I am pretty sure he was kidding, but part of me wants to do it just to mess with him (because he'd get a kick out of it) and also to say LOOK at least SOMEONE here got flowers today!!

Hahahah if you're gonna do it for that, then yeah! Do it it'll be funny!

LittleB
02-14-06, 06:57 PM
Men don't want flowers as a gift. A rolex, yes but flowers? No.

"Well you don't get me flowers either!" to which I responded "Don't give me that bullsh*t you wouldn't want flowers..."

You were absolutley correct with the above.

You are probably 100% right. Oh and he definitely wants a Rolex...he's been eyeing them but can't justify spending that much on a watch. I would love to buy one for him, but thats not happening.

LittleB
02-14-06, 06:58 PM
Hahahah if you're gonna do it for that, then yeah! Do it it'll be funny!

Yeah that's what I'm thinkin!

DBA-One
02-14-06, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't waste the money. Of course, if I were him and came home without something for you like flowers it may be best not to come home at all! I was just talking to a co-worker about this. He said his wife didn't want anything. He was going to go along with that! I was like man are you out of your damn mind? Your are seriously not going to get your woman at least flowers? Please! He came around real fast.

JimHare
02-14-06, 07:03 PM
.... well, you know the only thing better than roses on your piano....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-06, 07:05 PM

Roses on your grave?

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't waste the money. Of course, if I were him and came home without something for you like flowers it may be best not to come home at all! I was just talking to a co-worker about this. He said his wife didn't want anything. He was going to go along with that! I was like man are you out of your damn mind? Your are seriously not going to get your woman at least flowers? Please! He came around real fast.

Right on for setting him straight. You are dead on...even if it is agreed that there will be no exchanging of gifts, it is still a VERY nice gesture to at least get a card and flowers or something. Since we bought our house we have been light on the gifts, and for each occasion we have just been going out to dinner. I don't mind that at all, but this time he wanted to get me something nice (he had me pick out a necklace from Tiffanys). I am super happy with that, although it would be nice for him to pick up something on his own (he is not good at that at all.)

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:09 PM

If you mean what I think you mean...he is definitely getting that :yup: ;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-06, 07:09 PM
http://fgmma.com/media/cat_Wallpaper/800x600/diamonds.jpg

Hahaha this is the first thing that comes to mind during valentine's day!

Tommy Deville
02-14-06, 07:13 PM
Get him a nice potted plant that does not require a lot of light and limited water. It will live longer than flowers.

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:14 PM
This is true...but we are talking about a guy here, he won't take care of it LOL

mccombie_5
02-14-06, 07:15 PM
This is true...but we are talking about a guy here, he won't take care of it LOL

I second that.

Mine is a shrivelled heap of stuff now. Its still in the corner though.

DBA-One
02-14-06, 07:21 PM
If you mean what I think you mean...he is definitely getting that :yup: ;)

What about me? My wife hasn't done that in months!

Night Wolf
02-14-06, 07:23 PM
So today I found out that I am, yet again different then your average guy....

apparently the only reason guys give flowers to thier g/f is to get laid. I wasn't aware of that.

a guy in class that sits next to me (few years older then me) asked me the date, to which I replied with.. sheesh... the 14th, didn't you remember and call your g/f? (back in Boston) So someone from behind said did you send flowers? and he said no, so then another guy behind us said, well, it dosn't make a difference, not like you are gonna get laid or anything (since we are in FL) In which I replied with, that only reason you send your g/f flowers is to get laid? and from alot of the people around me (guys) was a big DUH!.

Well, I am now one of the knowing.... I guess.... sorry, I let the cat out of the bag guys ;) :).

I think I'll continue to do things my way... I think its better.

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:23 PM
What about me? My wife hasn't done that in months!

Awwww I am sorry....you better tell her to get on top of her game! ;)

Have you done a lil something for her though? She might be playing a little game with you there...

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:25 PM
So today I found out that I am, yet again different then your average guy....

apparently the only reason guys give flowers to thier g/f is to get laid. I wasn't aware of that.

a guy in class that sits next to me (few years older then me) asked me the date, to which I replied with.. sheesh... the 14th, didn't you remember and call your g/f? (back in Boston) So someone from behind said did you send flowers? and he said no, so then another guy behind us said, well, it dosn't make a difference, not like you are gonna get laid or anything (since we are in FL) In which I replied with, that only reason you send your g/f flowers is to get laid? and from alot of the people around me (guys) was a big DUH!.

Well, I am now one of the knowing.... I guess.... sorry, I let the cat out of the bag guys ;) :).

I think I'll continue to do things my way... I think its better.

Your way is better :D :thumbsup: I will pay off later! All those guys are young anyway, of course they want to get laid. They aren't mature enough to get it.

Night Wolf
02-14-06, 07:27 PM
to answer the question.... I dunno... I don't think I would be glad to get flowers.. but I would definitly show it :). Flowers for a (stright) guy really would be like getting spark plugs for a girl.... its like, well, I have them, and thanks for thinking of me... but now what?

Well, at least spark plugs are guranteed for like 100k miles... flowers? 100 hours maybe :).

DBA-One
02-14-06, 07:27 PM
I am super happy with that, although it would be nice for him to pick up something on his own (he is not good at that at all.)

Well, you'll have to give him a little slack. I only know you from here but you strike me a woman with some style. It's probably not the easiest thing for him to pick clothes, shoes, jewelry etc he is absolutely sure you will like.

I can speak from experience. The only jewelry my wife has ever liked that I've given her was a locket. When our second daughter was born last year I bought one that opens out like a four leaf clover. On either side there is a picture of one of the girls and I had their birth dates engraved on the side their picture is on. She never, ever saw that coming. I was proud of myself for that one!

fleetwood76
02-14-06, 07:29 PM
Hello. i came to think of a joke..

The husband comes home with flowers to his wife.
She takes the flowers and responses - So how long time have you planned i have to spread my legs for these flowers.
The husband replies - Don't you have a vase.

/ jolle

Night Wolf
02-14-06, 07:29 PM
Your way is better :D :thumbsup: I will pay off later! All those guys are young anyway, of course they want to get laid. They aren't mature enough to get it.

lol :)

Kinda funny to note that I, am 18. Yet all the guys in question are 23-30... heh.

I am just planning out all the romantic things I would do for a girl I am really involved with... probably things that these same guys in question would make fun at... but then again.. isn't that the story of my life? :).

LilaGirl72Eldo
02-14-06, 07:30 PM
i got my bf a dozen sunflowers sent to his office on his birthday(he worked alone, so i wouldnt risk embarrasing him) once and he really seemed like he loved them. he talked about them for a week afterwards. he's a pretty romantic man though so he could be the exception to the rule, or he was faking it. ;)

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:30 PM
Well, you'll have to give him a little slack. I only know you from here but you strike me a woman with some style. It's probably not the easiest thing for him to pick clothes, shoes, jewelry etc he is absolutely sure you will like.

I can speak from experience. The only jewelry my wife has ever liked that I've given her was a locket. When our second daughter was born last year I bought one that opens out like a four leaf clover. On either side there is a picture of one of the girls and I had their birth dates engraved on the side their picture is on. She never, ever saw that coming. I was proud of myself for that one!

Oh I definitely give him slack, I am talking smack on here but I am not really that upset about it. You are right though, I think he is afraid I won't like it...actually I KNOW he is afraid I won't like it, so I guess I understand. He makes up for it in other ways...

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:33 PM
lol :)

Kinda funny to note that I, am 18. Yet all the guys in question are 23-30... heh.

I am just planning out all the romantic things I would do for a girl I am really involved with... probably things that these same guys in question would make fun at... but then again.. isn't that the story of my life? :).

Well 18-24 I can understand...but after that I think they should be starting to get the hang of it and understand. I don't know, some guys are just more mature/sensitive/romantic. You are lucky, you will make some girl very happy one day!

Night Wolf
02-14-06, 07:34 PM
damn I hate all the open-ended closings!

My imagination memory capacity is kinda full right now...

Night Wolf
02-14-06, 07:36 PM
Well 18-24 I can understand...but after that I think they should be starting to get the hang of it and understand. I don't know, some guys are just more mature/sensitive/romantic. You are lucky, you will make some girl very happy one day!

Yes, but do I have to wait for the same 25+ age group for the girls?

Thats... well, 7 years from now... hell, whats 7 years of being single when I've spent the last 18 that way, lol :).

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:36 PM
damn I hate all the open-ended closings!

My imagination memory capacity is kinda full right now...

huh? :hmm:

mccombie_5
02-14-06, 07:41 PM
Sorry for delayed response but I was making long posts in the picture thread :shhh:

FLOWERS TO GET LAID?

Nonsense!

1) I buy flowers for my mother

2) I bought a rose for my girl today, and sent her flowers for her birthday, and I do not just want to get laid. I know that I wont even be approaching sex with her yet, she's underage, and I can be locked up for statutory rape, but also I dont want to spoil it with sex. Spoil might be the wrong word. Sure I love her, more than anything (not an easy thing to say), but things change after sex, or I would imagine they do, or at least I know they would between Jess and I, maybe for the better, but nevertheless they change, and I like things the way they are right now.

Tommy Deville

Thats why is should not require a lot of light or water, it will live longer, I have two for years i have them and i negelcted them, i go weeks with out watering them

DopeStar 156
I wouldn't mind if I got flowers. I once got black roses from someone, yes they're real.

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't mind if I got flowers. I once got black roses from someone, yes they're real.

Black roses on Valentine's Day? I don't think so...they do sound very neat though.

Night Wolf
02-14-06, 07:51 PM
Thats why is should not require a lot of light or water, it will live longer, I have two for years i have them and i negelcted them, i go weeks with out watering them

Heh, I have this bonzai thing or whatever... its a real plant, and it sits in these rocks... all you gotta do is give it water.

Well, its been a couple weeks... you reminded me.. I know its dry, but I should go put some water in it... LOL

Jesda
02-14-06, 07:54 PM
Roses rock. Ive received many, and its great.

tstach
02-14-06, 07:55 PM
The spirit of giving and romantic gestures of Valentines Day is nice, however for this year, I would be perfectly happy with a night of peace, quiet, pizza, a few microbrews, a good movie and no kids.

My compadre got her bouquet arrangement, with the stargazers and she is happy.

Cookie bouquets are nice. I've gotten these in past years delivered to me by the secretaries, who make sure that everyone knows who's getting them.

mccombie_5
Here is my rose, i figured i'd take a picture since it wont last forever.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Stuff/rose002.jpg

Just for those fire safety folks out there, it was just on the TV for the photo its now bac on my desk, which is way too messy to take a photo of!

DopeStar 156
Black roses on Valentine's Day? I don't think so...they do sound very neat though.
Hahaha well they were suiting, my friend Dee bought me some last year because she liked me. They're not actually black they're a very deep purple and they appear black. Some florists will dye them true black though.

LittleB
02-14-06, 07:57 PM
The spirit of giving and romantic gestures of Valentines Day is nice, however for this year, I would be perfectly happy with a night of peace, quiet, pizza, a few microbrews, a good movie and no kids.

My compadre got her bouquet arrangement, with the stargazers and she is happy.

Cookie bouquets are nice. I've gotten these in past years delivered to me by the secretaries, who make sure that everyone knows who's getting them.

Yeah we are just having a quiet night also (:shhh: although after the movie it may not be so quiet AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :histeric: OK sorry I couldn't help it :D) Pizza is a good idea...I would rather not cook tonight, maybe I will suggest that!

Jesda
02-14-06, 08:07 PM
Here is my rose, i figured i'd take a picture since it wont last forever.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Stuff/rose002.jpg

Just for those fire safety folks out there, it was just on the TV for the photo its now bac on my desk, which is way too messy to take a photo of!

SCORE!!!!!

Honestly, the three best gifts I've ever received:

1. An expensive pen with my name engraved on it.
2. A dozen roses.
3. A blo... block of Tillamook cheddar.

LittleB
02-14-06, 08:09 PM
Ha ha.... "a blo...ck of Tillamook cheddar" :histeric: shouldn't that be #1?

mccombie_5
02-14-06, 08:11 PM
SCORE!!!!!

Honestly, the three best gifts I've ever received:

1. An expensive pen with my name engraved on it.
2. A dozen roses.
3. A blo... block of Tillamook cheddar.

That rose probably cost a few pounds too, its from a florist's shop, not a flower seller, not that it matters, because it was from her anyway, but its a really nice one.

I'd like all of those presents too, Jesda!

mccombie_5
02-14-06, 08:12 PM
Ha ha.... "a blo...ck of Tillamook cheddar" :histeric: shouldn't that be #1?
:bigroll:

Im sure he ment cheese of some sort!

LittleB
02-14-06, 08:14 PM
Well I am leaving work now....I hope you all have a wonderful evening, whether it be going out or having a nice quiet evening at home. Don't be afraid to tell your woman what she means to you, just because she already knows how you feel about her doesn't mean she wouldn't like to hear it :D

:shhh: Oh and I will try not to be so loud tonight :sneaky: :lildevil:...but I apoligize in advance if I keep some of you up! Hahahahhaa j/k :hide:

JimHare
02-14-06, 08:14 PM
I'd like all of those presents too, Jesda!

Why would you want a pen with Jesda's name on it?

LittleB
02-14-06, 08:15 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAAA :histeric:

mccombie_5
02-14-06, 08:15 PM

LOL!!

Jesda
02-14-06, 08:17 PM

LOL!!! Are you saying you wouldnt? :D

Night Wolf
02-14-06, 08:32 PM
Well I am leaving work now....I hope you all have a wonderful evening, whether it be going out or having a nice quiet evening at home. Don't be afraid to tell your woman what she means to you, just because she already knows how you feel about her doesn't mean she wouldn't like to hear it :D

:shhh: Oh and I will try not to be so loud tonight :sneaky: :lildevil:...but I apoligize in advance if I keep some of you up! Hahahahhaa j/k :hide:

impure thoughts! impure thoughts! :( :)

Katshot
02-14-06, 09:09 PM
Would you guys LIKE to receive flowers from your girl? I have asked a few guys and gotten mixed answers. I am asking this because I was joking around with my man and giving him sh*t for never getting me flowers, and he said "Well you don't get me flowers either!" to which I responded "Don't give me that bullsh*t you wouldn't want flowers..." and he said "Yes I would!" He jokes around A LOT though, and part of me thinks he is joking....

Sounds to me like you need a new man.

davesdeville
02-14-06, 09:13 PM
I don't think I'd want flowers. Of course I'd like what they'd represent, but not really the flowers themselves. I mean, they're nice to look at, but you have to put them in water and then they wilt anyway..

CVP33
02-14-06, 09:19 PM
I've been with the same woman for over 20 years. She never ceases to amaze me. The other night she was looking over my shoulder as I toured the internet. I happened on a grille insert for my new 300. She coyly asked if I liked that, I of course replied hell yes. Today she informed me that she bought it for me and it should be here next week. I'll take that over flowers anyday! :thumbsup:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-14-06, 09:34 PM
As usual im a bit diffrent ....

Id like to see a single red rose on my windshield when i come out to the car at the end of the day ....Do that , and youll have me .....

Now , the most romatic thing a girl ever did for me happend ahwile back ....

Had a long day at the shop , i think it was 18 hours , doing a r&r on a agaent pump in a firetruck. Im tired , smelling funky and i wanna go home and sleep. I get out to the car , little note on the windshield. Thought "shit this cant be good". I open it , it simply says "i love you" , signed with a lipstick kiss....I thought "thats pretty damn cool". She wore this body spray that drove me absolutely crazy. Somehow she knew to spray some of that down the cowl vents of the car i had at the time. So when i fired up the car and the Air kicked on her wonderful scent came thru the vents.....

Lets just say i wasnt tired anymore ...

Elvis
02-14-06, 09:52 PM

Flowers, NO.

Cookies, YES.

Cake, DEFINITELY.

Balloons, maybe.

Elvis
02-14-06, 09:53 PM
And by the way, don't expect to see any posts from LB tonite.

She's going to be busy.

johndfw
02-14-06, 11:02 PM
I have never gotten flowers. Allthough give them fairly often.
I think it would be cool.
Later

Night Wolf
02-14-06, 11:25 PM
As usual im a bit diffrent ....

Id like to see a single red rose on my windshield when i come out to the car at the end of the day ....Do that , and youll have me .....

Now , the most romatic thing a girl ever did for me happend ahwile back ....

Had a long day at the shop , i think it was 18 hours , doing a r&r on a agaent pump in a firetruck. Im tired , smelling funky and i wanna go home and sleep. I get out to the car , little note on the windshield. Thought "shit this cant be good". I open it , it simply says "i love you" , signed with a lipstick kiss....I thought "thats pretty damn cool". She wore this body spray that drove me absolutely crazy. Somehow she knew to spray some of that down the cowl vents of the car i had at the time. So when i fired up the car and the Air kicked on her wonderful scent came thru the vents.....

Lets just say i wasnt tired anymore ...

Ah yes... the single rose on the windsheild...

I did that to a girl I really liked back in HS.

Didn't work. :(

The spary in the cowl... I dunno whats cooler.. the idea, ot the fact she knew to do that.... girl that is interested in the least bit about cars = very cool :).

Stoneage_Caddy
02-14-06, 11:33 PM
Ah yes... the single rose on the windsheild...

I did that to a girl I really liked back in HS.

Didn't work. :(

The spary in the cowl... I dunno whats cooler.. the idea, ot the fact she knew to do that.... girl that is interested in the least bit about cars = very cool :).

the girl im workin on now chages her own oil ....and she told me the horror story about replaceing the brake pads on her car ...the manual didnt tell her how to retract the pistons in the caliper ....shes ****in badass

Night Wolf
02-14-06, 11:38 PM
damnit man! move in quickly! otherwise tell her you know this really cool guy that also drives a Caddy.... :)

Stoneage_Caddy
02-15-06, 12:05 AM
there is no quick with this girl ....

I dont like to say much about the why ...but lets say her last boyfreind doesnt even deserve to live ...

Night Wolf
02-15-06, 12:11 AM
Ah gosh.... I can just picture some of the many things..... I know on the GAOC there were a few really good ex b/f stories that were shared... or even one case of the guy (club member) g/f was previously raped... he later found out and unleashed hell.... my favorite part of the story was something like "Then the ****er decided to run on foot.... thru the woods, in which I made sure as hell to follow... in my car.. I didn't stop until he was laying across the hood of my car pinned against the Pine and my bumper" He got vehicluar manslaughter for that... but the closing statement said it all "I have regrets - I miss that '84 Monte Carlo"

Something more then messing with a guys car/bike.... is messing with a girl he really loves.... the law kinda gets thrown out the window at that point.

If you'd like to PM me the story, feel free, otherwise I understand :).

DopeStar 156
02-15-06, 12:20 AM
Hahahaha! HMMM... I WONDER WHAT LITTLE B IS DOING RIGHT NOW?

*Thrusting motions*

Jesda
02-15-06, 12:29 AM
*Turns up the Fraggle Rock theme song to mask the panting and screaming.*

Yeah, try sexing to THAT! Actually, the beat is perfect...

Zorb750
02-15-06, 02:43 AM
Seriously, it would depend on the girl. If it made her happy to buy me flowers, I would appreciate it very much. Otherwise, I don't think I would care too much, beyond appreciation of the simple thought, but that level of appreciation would be expressed toward any gift.

Now, a single flower, as Mccombie mentioned, in my opinion has a very different, and I think a bit more serious meaning.

axnguyen
02-15-06, 11:19 AM
My girlfriend has gotten me flowers on two occasions in the past year - once to say sorry for something, and the second time to wish me luck on a job interview. I thought both were very nice gestures....then again, she calls me the most sensitive guy she's ever met.

It ain't true dammit!

LittleB
02-15-06, 01:32 PM
Oh...my....god....

Last night was amazing!!!!!!!!:cloud9: :banana: :gnome: :wes: :band:

So I stopped at the store on my way home and bought some flowers and a balloon (figured it would be kind of funny and he'd get a kick out of it). Anyway so I got home and gave him the stuff and he said "Oh my god, baby, that is so sweet!" and he sounded SO genuine. I still thought he might be joking so I said "I know, it's kind of funny, getting flowers from a girl, but I thought it would be kind of cute..." and he said "This is so sweet, and they are very pretty, thank you sweetie." I was shocked...he actually meant it!! So I go into the house thinking that was it for the romantic stuff, and I walk in and see a dozen roses already in a vas, and a teddy bear...I was SO shocked. He really came through. I didn't think he was going to do anything extra because he already bought me that necklace, but he did! I said "Whoa what happened to you, Mr. Romantic today huh?" and he said "Baby, I am always romantic!" (:bigroll:) So then he said "What's for dinner?" and before I could answer he pulled out two filet mignon steaks wrapped in bacon! I was so taken back, that is my favorite steak and he actually had to go to somewhere besides Safeway to get it LOL, he drove to Danville to get it, which is about 25 minutes away. So we eat dinner, which was so perfect, he couldn't have cooked them any better, and then we decided to watch a movie. We were going to order something on PPV but nothing good was on so we ended up watching THE NOTEBOOK!!!! :eek: I couldn't believe he was going to take one for the team and watch it with me!! It was very sweet of him. Then last but not least...well :eyebrow: you know....and that was just phenomenal!!!!!!!! It was....wow....I just can't even describe it....

lux hauler
02-15-06, 01:38 PM
Oh...my....god....

Last night was amazing!!!!!!!!:cloud9: :banana: :gnome: :wes: :band:

Then last but not least...well :eyebrow: you know....and that was just phenomenal!!!!!!!! It was....wow....I just can't even describe it....
http://basketballboards.net/forum/images/smilies/ttiwwop.gif

LittleB
02-15-06, 01:44 PM
We really should've set up a video camera...it was THAT good.

Elvis
02-15-06, 03:31 PM
We really should've set up a video camera...it was THAT good.

She really is beginning to annoy the shit out of me. :annoyed:

:histeric:

LittleB
02-15-06, 03:33 PM
Oh well SORRY for having a nice night last night :rant2:

Elvis
02-15-06, 03:36 PM
:rose:

LittleB
02-15-06, 03:37 PM
:D I forgive you

axnguyen
02-15-06, 03:59 PM
Oh well SORRY for having a nice night last night :rant2:

Pervert.:D

LittleB
02-15-06, 04:09 PM
Heyyyyyyyyy!!! :( How is that perverted? Howcome everyone is saying "You need a new man" "He needs to do this..." etc. and so on and then we have this AWESOME NIGHT and you guys are all mad at me?? <cough> jealous <cough> :crying:

axnguyen
02-15-06, 04:25 PM
Heyyyyyyyyy!!! :( How is that perverted? Howcome everyone is saying "You need a new man" "He needs to do this..." etc. and so on and then we have this AWESOME NIGHT and you guys are all mad at me?? <cough> jealous <cough> :crying:

Haha. I never said you needed a new man. It sounds like he did everything right yesterday!

Jealous? Nah, my girlfriend was waiting at home in this crazy lingerie for me yesterday...I'd almost go as far as to say I had just a good a time as you!:lildevil:

And being perverted is not necessarily a bad thing...:yup:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-15-06, 04:31 PM
i never said you needed a new man , i always said you needed me ....

bwahahahhaa

LittleB
02-15-06, 05:39 PM
Haha. I never said you needed a new man. It sounds like he did everything right yesterday!

Jealous? Nah, my girlfriend was waiting at home in this crazy lingerie for me yesterday...I'd almost go as far as to say I had just a good a time as you!:lildevil:

And being perverted is not necessarily a bad thing...:yup:

LOL That is awesome...at least someone is with me :thumbsup:

i never said you needed a new man , i always said you needed me ....

bwahahahhaa

:histeric: I don't know if you can handle me ;) :sneaky: :lildevil:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-15-06, 05:48 PM
LOL That is awesome...at least someone is with me :thumbsup:

:histeric: I don't know if you can handle me ;) :sneaky: :lildevil:
thats not a problem ....but i know you couldnt handle me ...id rock your world so hard you wouldnt know where those cali earthquakes stopped and i started :stirpot:

really tho , its good to see your man took care of you right yesterday ....bout damn time

LittleB
02-15-06, 05:55 PM
Hey I like that earthquake line ;)

Thanks :D Yeah he earned some brownie points that's for sure. He takes care of me and treats me right all the time, it's the romantic stuff that I don't get much of. But in a way, it made last night that much more special!!

Stoneage_Caddy
02-15-06, 06:09 PM
well the biggest part of the romance thing is the unexpected ....

LittleB
02-15-06, 06:12 PM
well the biggest part of the romance thing is the unexpected ....

Exactly :yup:

davc
02-17-06, 01:07 AM
[quote=LittleB]Would you guys LIKE to receive flowers from your girl? I have asked a few guys and gotten mixed answers. I am asking this because I was joking around with my man and giving him sh*t for never getting me flowers, and he said "Well you don't get me flowers either!" to which I responded "Don't give me that bullsh*t you wouldn't want flowers..." and he said "Yes I would!" He jokes around A LOT though, and part of me thinks he is joking....

ok .... a more serious answer ..

flowers ...... no thanks .... rather have something more usefull ....

maybe a helpfull handbook for dealing with menopause ..... or maybe a list of emotional side effects from the Pill ... for you younger guys ...

EDBSO
03-27-06, 08:41 PM
As A new member, waiting for the Apprentice to start, I must say that I enjoyed this flowers thread.

PERSONAL PLEASE FOR Little B . . . http://www.hallmark/ECV.jsp? (http://www.hallmark.com/ECardWeb/ECV.jsp?a=297853M105231667Y)

EDBSO

LittleB
03-27-06, 09:09 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!! How sweet EDBSO! :D :bouncy: :cloud9: Thanks so much, I feel really special ;)

And :welcome: :cheers:

EDBSO
03-27-06, 09:17 PM
You are welcome. It is a http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/caFlag.gifthing. http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/highfive.gif and back to the Apprentice.

The link is now dead, our secret, EDBSO http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_bolt.gif

LittleB
03-27-06, 09:21 PM
:histeric: Yes our secret...thanks that was just what I needed after a hard day at work ;) :D Enjoy the Apprentice!

AlBundy
03-27-06, 09:43 PM
Flowers= no. My girlfriend only wants flower so she can flaut it infront of the other women who don't get them. It's more of a my man sends me flowers your don't. I'm still not sure whether its the flowers that are important or the ego.

johndfw
03-27-06, 09:44 PM
I think it would be cool. Its the thought...

Adam
03-27-06, 09:46 PM
yeah i wouldnt mind getting flowers from my lady. it would be romantic and sweet, you know the thought... but the guys would rag the hell out of me so its best that i dont!

AlBundy
03-27-06, 09:51 PM
Yea if I was one of your buddies I would rag you too.

Adam
03-27-06, 09:55 PM
Yea if I was one of your buddies I would rag you too.

AHA! well, like i said, its a good thing she hasnt.

Boombotz
03-27-06, 10:01 PM
Welcome back Ralph. :rolleyes:

Adam
03-27-06, 10:06 PM

that's what i was thinking but i didnt say nothing.

DopeStar 156
03-27-06, 10:11 PM
:histeric:

LittleB
03-28-06, 01:15 PM
OMG I THOUGHT THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I didn't say it either...

Destroyer
03-28-06, 11:31 PM

Twolips would be nice!:thumbsup:

Stoneage_Caddy
03-28-06, 11:34 PM
OMG I THOUGHT THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I didn't say it either...
things that make you go hmmm :yawn: nope didnt see this coming ...

jonnyd
03-29-06, 10:27 AM
me and my ex had this conversation once... lol.... I personally could care less about getting flowers.... to me I mean having flowers sitting my room or something.... just not me.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-29-06, 10:52 AM
one of my exes got me roses for my graduation, it was kind of weird, but i guess a lil cool at the same time cause i think she was genuinely proud of me for having graduated when noone thought id make it. i didnt love it but i didnt mind it, i kept them till way after they died haha i think it was like a year, then we broke up and it went in the trash

gothicaleigh
03-29-06, 11:07 AM
Roses look very nice dried.

Tailfin
03-29-06, 03:51 PM
Hmm I have one question... Why does it have to be flowers? I've gotten this complaint before lol... That I never got her flowers... Well that's true... It didn't seem to matter to her that I planned a suprise trip to Toronto to see a musical :bigroll:. Also, how original is that? Any monkey can get his girlfriend flowers. I think a gift or surprise should suit the girl in question. That, and flowers take no effort. Effort into a gift shows a lot more in my opinion. If the girl is THAT partial to flowers, I'd try making them out of silk or something...haven't gotten that down yet though :tongue2:. Also...flowers die... You take care of them, and they die anyway... What kinda symbol is that for a relationship?!

Anyhoo, the original question here... I would appreciate the gesture, but the flower itself... I don't know, might look nice, but it would just die and seem like something fruitless and taking up space to me. But that depends on the person. Some guys might like them. I love hot food, so if a girlfriend got me a cayenne plant, I'd love it :D.

In any case, if he knows you like flowers now, he'll probably produce some... It's really not something that should be of consequence if two people love each other....unless it's just one example of a lack of gestures and effort overall. I don't know how everyone reacts, but I'd react better to a more subtle hint that my girlfriend liked flowers, then I'd store it in memory and get some later...in a pot so they don't die :rolleyes:.

To summarize my rambling...I think anyone, guy or girl, appreciates gestures on the other person's part, and if there is evidence that the person cares, then it may or may not be their style to show it via flowers. If it is shown, then just mentioning you like flowers ought to do it. If not, then it's more of a legitimate complaint.

LittleB
03-29-06, 04:52 PM
:histeric: this was back from Valentine's Day....

It's over now haha...but yeah it was just a thought and it was supposed to be cute/funny. I think he seriously liked them, and even if he didn't...they were in our house so I got to enjoy them :D