: Hello From SE Mich

wydopnthrtl
02-14-06, 03:07 PM
Hello all,

This is my first ever Caddy. Actually it's my first ever luxury type of car! I'm pretty much a gear head and now that I'm getting a little older, cars like this recently purchased 2001 Eldorado.. I'm finding quite appealing.

I'm looking fwd to learning all I can about these things. And most likely to an unhealthy level. :cool:

It's an older mans 2001 Silver Eldorado that he bought new. it has w/38k miles on it, non-smoker, Leather, Bose, dry spare tire well and no leaks from the Northstar. (I searched around here before buying ). Looks like he kept it in very good shape but I see no sign of it ever being waxed.

A few things that I know need attention so far is an under hood light that does'nt seem to be getting power? And the drivers seat does'nt heat. (but it did the first day I brought it home)

Oh.. what kind of 1/4 times and speeds could I expect out of this thing in stock condition?

Regards,
Rich

bobkat
02-14-06, 03:25 PM
Hi and :welcome:

My '92 Chev truck has that underhood light and it only comes on when the headlights are on - took me 6 years to figure that out...:rolleyes: Maybe your Eldo is the same. The heated seats are a common failure item - mine don't work either (driver's side at least, most important side -- figures...). Seems like its expensive to repair them too.

As for the best 1/4 times -- you're talking to the wrong guy...:eek:

wydopnthrtl
02-14-06, 03:33 PM
Hum... I'll check the light tonight.

What I found odd was that the seat worked fine during the test drive and then for the first day (150miles). 2nd day driving it.. it did'nt come on anymore? This weekend I'll look under the seat and see if I can find something pinched.

Rich

CADDYBLACK99
02-14-06, 05:55 PM
ESC (275hp) or the ETC(300)?

1995 Cadillac ETC 0-60 6.6 1/4 mile 14.8

Sorry for the old data but it was the closest match I could find.data source (http://www.missouri.edu/~apcb20/times.html#Cadillac)
Cadillac history most of this applied to the end-of-life Eldo's:1999 Cadillac Eldorado (http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1990/cad99.htm)
I believe bokat is right about the underhood light only active when the system says its dark out!

Lastly, the seat heats are a mystery. Mine worked flawlessly for the past few years and this year they seem intermittent (driver seat bottom...seat back is still nice and toasty!). Moved the seat back and tilted the front up as far as I could to check the wiring and connections. All seemed ok no cuts in the wires and the connectors were ok. The heat elements are in the seat itself and I have heard they are a bear to replace. Good luck with your Eldo!
Thanks for joining the forum.
:welcome:
Paul

wydopnthrtl
02-14-06, 08:44 PM
Thanks Paul, It's the ETC version.

I just checked the underhood light. Sure enough! Turn the lights on and it comes on. Off and it goes off. I guess they did'nt have "car guys" in mind when coming up with that one. :bigroll:

As far as the seats heater. I just checked both fuses for pass and drivers side. They both look fine, were sealed in the original plastic cover, and both tested for continuity. Replaced them and still the same. Checked under the seat and saw nothing out of order.

I'll start a new post about this one..

Rich

Here is a pic.

http://www.wotds.com/MiLoc/CADDY_SIDE.JPG

CADDYBLACK99
02-14-06, 09:05 PM
Very nice Eldorado! The Eldo always look nice done in Platinum.
Paul

Nasty Black Lac
02-20-06, 10:47 AM
Nice ride, love the color!