: New "v" driver in the last week....

Robby2006
02-14-06, 01:48 AM
Just wanted to thank all of you....As of last Monday I now have a '04 in the garage. I have been researching and reading up til then about all your ideas, comments and problems.

I have wanted this for 2 years an now I am a proud owner. Most of my friends and family commented that they wouldnt have thought I would own an American car. I have had great luck with imports. But it was now time to replace one of our vehicles.

I told my wife that I wanted something that had no less than 300hp since putting away he motorcycle for the winter was tough. I hate going back on power during the winter. I had to have something to get close to proformance. Now it's close.

Looking forward to keeping you up to date with the fun.

Dreamin
02-14-06, 02:48 AM
Congrats on the car! and :welcome: to the forum

heavymetals
02-14-06, 03:14 AM
Welcome.

You knew you were DOOMED over two years ago? :eek:

That is some will power.

Are you gonna take that long to mod it? :stirpot:

rand49er
02-14-06, 07:12 AM
Welcome!! So, tell us about your car ... color, miles, mods, plans, pics?

calicadi
02-14-06, 05:07 PM
:welcome: You won't be sorry, 'cept maybe for waiting so long!:D Good self-discipline. Now... on th the mods!

V-SATX
02-14-06, 06:17 PM
:welcome: Congrats on the new V.

DILLIGAF
02-14-06, 06:37 PM
Welcome,details,details!

VELOSE
02-14-06, 06:49 PM
Don't hold your breath guys. I think it's going to take him 2 more years to reply. :D

Seriously, :welcome: Robby.

Robby2006
02-14-06, 09:12 PM
No it not going to take two years to reply.......:)

Anyways, it's a 04 Silver and had 10.6k in mileage. Stil stock for now..Heck still has the oe tires. I know that I will be needing those very soon. Along with Snow tires. My wife thought she was tough enough to drive it last week when we had 2 inches of snow. She was wrong and of course I was right. Her ego took a hit on that.....:want:

List of Mods to come:

CAI
Corsa
Rims
Improve the handling, dont know what to try yet, Still researching.
Of course a Track Day!!!!

The weather hasnt been the best yet and I have pushed it a few times. Even had the wife shaking her head when going sideways this past weekend. :thumbsup:

VELOSE
02-14-06, 11:07 PM
Oh man....Robby has a heartbeat. Once you said, track day, I almost wish you lived in Norcal. It would be good to have you come on April 28th to Thunderhill Raceway. A few of us are going to be there.

I think you are on the right track with your mods. As for suspension, as soon as Ground Control comes up with their semi-coilover kit this coming month, get on the GB that should kick start the introduction. ;)

2004ctsv
02-14-06, 11:08 PM
Welcome on board

Do the Corsa - you'll love the sound.

Unless you and your wife are used to rwd on snow, be VERY CAREFUL with this car. Keep the traction nanny on until you get a feel for the touchiness.

Tony