: Yes I bought 300C SRT-8! Where have you been?

CVP33
02-13-06, 10:06 PM
I thought some of you may have missed it so here's a re-post.

And by the way. GSM is working on aftermarket rims. Here's a tease.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/attachments/srt8-general-discussion/12562-3-pc-forged-20-22-wheels-side-shot-sm-22.jpg?d=1139884863

Jesda
02-13-06, 10:12 PM
Nice ride! Love the seats.

Rolex
02-13-06, 11:08 PM
That's a beautiful car. How does it drive and ride, and what were you driving before? I sat in one at the local dealership a few weeks back. Whatever you do don't try to pick a stoplight fight with one of those Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8s. ;)

gary88
02-14-06, 12:11 AM
You are one lucky man, congrats! At the Chicago auto show yesterday I got to ride in one, I took a short video clip of the acceleration/braking demo they did. I was really impressed by the whole car.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-06, 12:21 AM
Very nice very nice!

CVP33
02-14-06, 06:52 AM
That's a beautiful car. How does it drive and ride, and what were you driving before? I sat in one at the local dealership a few weeks back. Whatever you do don't try to pick a stoplight fight with one of those Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8s. ;)

Previous cars were a 2004 CTS-V and a 2005 CTS-V. The SRT-8 is an excellent riding, great handling, well put together vehicle. On the twisties it's not the equal of the V. On the straights it will never let you down. No wheel hop, no drama and very easy to launch. As for the Jeep. 0-60 it will embarass most performance vehicles. Best to make sure you have enough room to run to 100mph. The Jeep takes over 12 seconds the V and 300 are just over 11.

Katshot
02-14-06, 08:08 AM
Dude, you MUST stop posting about your car! It's driving me crazy! :bonkers: The car is so hot it's just not fair to keep posting about it and showing more and more pictures of it. You're seriously placing my marriage in jeopardy!!
STOP, please STOP. I can't take it.

HITMONEY
02-14-06, 08:31 AM
I been thinking about going to look at the 300 SRT8. From what I have read, you get a whole lot for the $$$. Might I ask what options you have and what you paid?

CVP33
02-14-06, 08:15 PM
I got Option I, II, sunroof and kicker. There is a rear DVD option that I didn't need/want. I paid about $46,500 or $250 below sticker. I know there are better deals out there.

Playdrv4me
02-14-06, 08:22 PM
You know the outside is GORGEOUS, the seats are superb, but that dash and door combo just doesnt do it for me. The chrome trim looks tacked on and theres nothing melding it all together like a Mercedes or BMW... While it makes it easy to upgrade and change later, I also have never been a fan of the "off the shelf" look of Chryslers audio and Navigation systems. Otherwise a great ride and on a daily basis probably more enjoyable than that CTS was.

The 300 lineup as a whole is great, and it should be, the entire car is underpinned by the previous generation E-Class. They didnt go quite as far as with the Crossfire, but alot of key components were used.

CVP33
02-14-06, 08:25 PM
The door panels on both the SRT and the V are atrocious. The chrome actually looks good in person. Go sit in one at a dealer and you'll see what I mean. As far as the dash. I really don't know. The dash on the V was much maligned and I liked it fine because it was uber functional. I pretty much feel the same way about the SRT. Nothing special, but not offensive.