Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What replacement headlight for HID?

2K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  liv2wrshp 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Sport and the only place I found that has a replacement bulb for my headlights want's $140. Is that normal?

#4 ·
Umm... Xenon (HID) headlight bulbs on the 00-01 Cat Sport are completely different than the standard Catera bulbs. They are very expensive to replace so get ready to fork over some money and I wouldn't attempt to change it yourself as their is more risk for shocking yourself if you don't know what you are doing. This is the first time I've heard about a Xenon bulb failure, they should last a very long time but not forever :(

Jeff

#16 ·
I was talking to a Jaguar tech about the Xenon issue and he thinks it may be a bad ground rather than a bad ballast or bulb because theoretically, the bulb either works or it doesn't and the same goes for the ballast. It shouldn't flicker at all if either is bad. To quote: "If you have a bad/loose corroded supply ground, or power for that matter, that could cause a flicker, and eventually go out when a full amp draw goes."

He says he fixes Jag HIDS all the time...

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.