: New XLR owner in Phoenix

Jetboyphx
02-13-06, 10:25 PM
Great site you have here. It helped in my decision to buy the XLR. This is my fourth Cadillac, previously a 97 Catera, 99 Eldo, and 02 STS. Sold on 04 GTO for the XLR, the GTO was definately the best constructed GM vehicle I have owned but I missed the luxury touches, must be getting old :( Grew up in a Lincoln family since 1960 but Fords lack of customer service with my 94 Continental was the end of all Ford products for me. The Cadillacs have not been perfect but Lund Cadillac's service department is beyond compare in my experience.

Will be looking forward to reading others experiences with replacement tires

SpeedyArizona
02-13-06, 11:31 PM
Welcome from another Arizonan. Post some pics of your XLR, we'd like to see it!

It's the Phoenicians that are bringing us Scottsdalians property values down:D!

CADDYBLACK99
02-14-06, 09:54 AM
Welcome Jetboyphx!

Thanks for joining the forum. We are happy to hear the positive comments about the site! Thank You! The XLR is a great sports car stem to stern. Good luck and of course you'll need to post a picture or two.

:welcome:
Paul

Jetboyphx
02-18-06, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm holding off on pictures until I get the Lund exhaust installed next week. They took the one in the pictures on their site in trade for a V series so I got to hear and drive both the Lund exhaust and the Corsa that they had on an 06. The Lund is a lower tone and not as loud so I am going with that one. I'll try to post some pics next Saturday.

Boombotz
02-19-06, 03:12 AM
:welcome: and good luck with the XLR. My wife and I are jealous. She really loves those cars.

bobkat
02-19-06, 01:27 PM
It's the Phoenicians that are bringing us Scottsdalians property values down:D!

So move to Paradise Valley !!! :) I used to live in Tempe and we joked that the folks in Mesa were bringing Tempe property values down...

BTW :welcome: Jetboyphx !!!

SpeedyArizona
02-20-06, 01:14 AM
So move to Paradise Valley !!! I used to live in Tempe and we joked that the folks in Mesa were bringing Tempe property values down...

Paradise Valley isn't my style, not enough younger people to mingle with. I love the real estate food chain in Phoenix, everyone complains about a different city!

Jetboyphx
02-25-06, 09:36 PM
Well I got a couple of shots, one last night after they brought it home with the new exhaust ( a little dark) and one this moring as I headed out to work (a little bright). Guess I need to spend some qulaity time getting some good pictures.

I know what you mean about the food chain

SpeedyArizona
02-25-06, 09:56 PM
Very nice, but why do both have different licence plates?

Jetboyphx
02-25-06, 11:05 PM
The night time pic still has the temp plate. I put the permanent plate on this morning.

Pete Benson
02-26-06, 11:36 PM
Spectacular, and that exhaust is killer, but please lose the "Cadillac" mud flaps behind the rear tires: tacky and totally wrong for the car (or any car, for that matter).

Jetboyphx
02-28-06, 01:08 AM
Spectacular, and that exhaust is killer, but please lose the "Cadillac" mud flaps behind the rear tires: tacky and totally wrong for the car (or any car, for that matter).

Pete, your the second person who mentioned that and I tend to agree. I bought it from a wholesaler and to be honest they didn't even register when I checked it out, I was too busy making sure it had both fobs, navigation DVD etc. At least the first owner didn't have them install the XM antenna, that can stay in the trunk for all I care. I'm going to have to take a look and see if they can come off without leaving any marks.

2004CTS
03-05-06, 11:44 PM
Welcome. Love the XLR!

noahsdad
03-14-06, 03:34 PM
That is drop dead gorgeous. Your are driving my dream. Welcome to the forums!

Very nice, but why do both have different licence plates?

It looks like the first one is a temp/transit tag, the second one has his actual plate attached.