: Vogue Tyres

David W. Bailey
02-13-06, 10:00 PM
Anyone know anything about Vogue Radial VIII H as a replacement for the
original run flats on the V?

Dreamin
02-13-06, 10:16 PM
Yeah, they normally come in whitewall or "yellow"-wall... so check on that. 440 tread rating... so it's not "performance" oriented by any means.

How much are you getting them for? BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW go for $165/ea and they aint bad tires ... You can get tires which get "ok" ratings for <$140 @Tirerack.

http://www.ec-securehost.com/OnlineTires.com/images/VogueCustomBuiltRadialVIIIWG_lg.bmp

DILLIGAF
02-13-06, 10:22 PM
Lots of choices,these would be way down on my list.Keep in mind mounting and balancing costs are high on these wheels.

David W. Bailey
02-14-06, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the replies! I know what you are saying about all of the strange
yellow and white stripes on these things.

The dealer wants $1000.00 out the door for four tires and that seemed high.

Plus, as you have noted, they are a step down in speed rating, but they allegedly last for 60K miles and ride better.

I really do not push my V very hard, so who knows what to buy. Local tire
guys here are reluctant to install Tire Rack and other discount tire store
purchases. They resent these places and give you the "you did not buy them here routine"

DILLIGAF
02-14-06, 02:23 PM
Go to sears and buy the Michelins then.

grafixvince
02-14-06, 03:58 PM
Hey,
I installed BFGoodrich KDW NT about 1500 miles ago. They are driving great, good on wet pavement. Handling not quite as good as the Goodyear. But very acceptable. Discount tire $920 installed

Dreamin
02-14-06, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the replies! I know what you are saying about all of the strange
yellow and white stripes on these things.

The dealer wants $1000.00 out the door for four tires and that seemed high.

Plus, as you have noted, they are a step down in speed rating, but they allegedly last for 60K miles and ride better.

I really do not push my V very hard, so who knows what to buy. Local tire
guys here are reluctant to install Tire Rack and other discount tire store
purchases. They resent these places and give you the "you did not buy them here routine"

Yeah... you're getting *&*^&^ by the dealer. And as you said, some tire places dont want to install Tirerack tires.

Two options:
Find a good local tire place (that's runflat certified) and tell them you'll buy tires from them and get the mount/balance done there, if they match the Tirerack price... most all of them will do that... as they still make a few buck on the tires and the mount and balance. You'll pay a little more (and tax on the tires)... but you'll have the piece of mind of "one stop shopping" and if the tires pull or have a vibration, you go right make to the tire place.

Or ask your dealer if they will mount and balance tires you bring them... they normally charge so much for M&B... they should do this for you.

If you're not setting any land-speed records, the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW are good tires (you're looking for $750 - $815 out the door w/tax)... or the forum favorite Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (that'll be $950 - $1025 otd), but these may be backordered.

M5eatr
02-14-06, 07:01 PM
You may want to try the Contiextreemecontact all seasons. I know, it's a stupid name and they don't have an agressive tread pattern, but they are a great compromise. I used the V yesterday with all that snow. The only thing stopping me was if the snow was too high and I thought the front air dam wouldn't clear the snow.

They are not runflats, but are W speed rated,m and handle the wet and snow excellent compared to the F1's. Much, much quieter also with less jarring. The kicker is that they have greatly reduced the wheel hop, and I don't have even the TSP bushings in. I still get hopping but without the gorilla in the trunk banging. If you live in an area with rain, or snow, and need it as a daily driver, consider these.

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-14-06, 07:41 PM
I'm with M5eatr on this one. I had the Conti Xtreme contacts installed a few weeks back and love'em. They don't handle quite as razor sharp as the F-1's but they handle pretty damn well. Wheel hop - damn near gone, ride is fine, seem quite, much more confident in poor weather too. I have the anti hop bushings - gotta lube every week though.

I asked my Caddilac dealer about the Vogues and he said straight up I would not be happy from a performance perspective. The Conti's cost something like $168 each so he's rippinig you for a grand.

Check out the Tire Rack site for the best about of comparison information. It's a great resource.

BTW - since everyone talks about the wheel hop hurting their times in the 1/4mile I'm wondering if the Conti's would be an advantage on a dead stop straight run.

Falkolade
02-14-06, 09:07 PM
i'd rather have my car keyed again than put those vogues on!!!

SoCadillac
02-14-06, 09:26 PM
Typical Vogue...someone at Vogue took the ugly-stick and beat a stupid colored stripe around the sidewalk perimeter. It doesn't matter if the out-of-date-please-forget-the-era stripe is white or corn yellow--it sucks. And nothing uglier than the stripe turned to the inside when you see it from a wheel that's turned out.

David W. Bailey
02-18-06, 08:28 PM
OK, OK......I promise no Vogues "Tyres". I agree with all of you, the
stripe thing is bad and harkens back to the days of the fake convertible top
and the "De Elegance".

I'm off to get the Contis......