: Hopefully buying CTS-V this week!

TaterSalid
02-13-06, 03:56 PM
I just thought I would introduce myself. Hopefully I will be upgrading to a CTS-V this week. I am currently in the process of finalizing a deal on a 2005 CTS-V, black/ebony 12kmiles and the sunroof for $33,500. Seems like a good deal and I was told to look for low 30's. I am planning on running Kooks long tubes with cats and probably a Corsa Catback maybe magnaflow or SW. I havnt heard any in person yet. Also either mod the stock intake or make my own setup up. Then finding somewhere to do a dyno tune locally. I was just curious what mods you have been able to get away with under warrenty. I plan on procharging it later but I know that wont fly withmy dealer. Thanks for the helpand hopefully soon I will be bale to post some pictures.

TaterSalid
02-13-06, 04:31 PM
Forgot to mention anti-wheel hop kit.

ace996
02-13-06, 06:40 PM
Good price...you'll love it. Give my best to Poot!!!
-ace

Aperformance
02-13-06, 06:43 PM
Check out Zoomers for your Exhaust needs... We have a new system out and we just started shipping this week. There is a group buy running right now check it out: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57216&highlight=zoomers

TaterSalid
02-13-06, 07:00 PM
To high of a pricetag for me without a justified reason. Thanks anyway

Dreamin
02-13-06, 07:37 PM
:welcome: to the forum

Aperformance
02-13-06, 07:41 PM
To high of a pricetag for me with a justified reason. Thanks anyway

That's cool... welcome to the forum!

TaterSalid
02-13-06, 09:20 PM
Sorry I didnt mean to sound like a *******. I have just seen the magnaflow setup for $775 shipped and it will be perfect for me. Also the price is right, I am already scrounging up all the change I can to afford the V. I am sure it is a beautiful exhaust.

CIWS
02-13-06, 09:33 PM
Sounds like you've found a decent price on a V. Good luck with the deal working out and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

It also sounds like you're already on the road to Modville. You've got a lot of knowledgeable guys and helpful vendors here in the forum to assist you in spending your hard earned cash well :D

ace996
02-13-06, 09:35 PM
You're DOOMED!!!
(couldn't resist!)
-ace

TaterSalid
02-13-06, 11:16 PM
Thanks everyone, I cant wait to get into a V . As for being doomed you are probably right. But sense I am making the swap from a Procharged 94 Camaro I am used to it. I had plenty of rear end problems until I got my 9". So once the MM/TR 9" comes out I will jump on that. I had plenty of other problems also with the camaro including spliting the hub on a fluidampr. I called fluidampr and told me it was the first one to ever break. They sent me a new one for fre split, they went sure why the first one split. Also what was GM thinking with no keyway in the stock balancer. Mine has 2 keyways and was pined and still spun and spit. Thanks for the input. I just need my 9" asap lol. Hopefulely it can be had for under $5,000

2004CTS
02-13-06, 11:23 PM
TaterSalid - Congrats and good luck. Where are you located? If you buy the V, I'm looking for a stock V-exhaust for my CTS 3.6 V6 and am on the North side of Houston, TX.

TaterSalid
02-13-06, 11:24 PM
Also rand49er sorry I can't respond to the PM yet I dont have 50 posts. But I am working on it. Also I am in for a group buy for kooks and cats in the future.

TaterSalid
02-13-06, 11:28 PM
I am located in Mass and Thanks. I usually like to hold on to my stock stuff and shipping would be crazy to Texas

Rich64SS
02-14-06, 12:37 PM
Congrats on the upcoming purchase.
Can I ask where in Ma. you found an '05 for under $34? I can't even find an '04 for that.
Was it your superior negotiation skills? If so, what was the original asking price?
Best I've found so far was Cadillac Village Norwood. '05, roof, 4k mi., Corsa, Cadillac 7x2 spoke wheels for $38.5k.
Saturday, Baker Cadillac tried to sell me an '05, black, roof, 13.4k mi., certified for $41k:bigroll: :eek: :thepan: I laughed and left.
We'll have to meet up once I finally buy one. I told my wife I am buying myself one for my birthday 3/2.
We have a lot in common, my last car was a '97 Z28 with 383 stroker, h/c, headers, lt1edit,4.10's. Loads of fun, lousy daily driver.

Good Luck
Rich

blackcts-v
02-14-06, 02:01 PM
I will sell my '05 CTS-V with 13k for $38k certified!!!

2004CTS
02-14-06, 02:14 PM
I am located in Mass and Thanks. I usually like to hold on to my stock stuff and shipping would be crazy to Texas
Thanks, and agree that shipping from MA would be a waste (could buy a new exhaust). I'll keep fishing...

Rich64SS
02-15-06, 08:18 PM
So, when do you think you'll know if you're getting it? Is it the car at LFS? If so, how are they to deal with? They've gotten a couple of V's in the recent past and I've been tempted to go down there.
Good Luck,
Rich

Blue Puma
03-04-06, 10:01 AM
2006 GM Stock price Infrared with FG2 package is $47,446. Sticker is 53, 650. That's new, and they're giving 2.6 percent financing too. Can't get cash instead...Maybe further incentives like loyalty or such; I'm not up on the current deals...

Well...sorry for the crosspost, but this is relevant info anyway! :bigroll: