: classified section?!?

ILLNALI
02-13-06, 03:05 PM
I know this has been addressed before...I also know I can not be the only member who is frustrated with the current setup.......

The classifieds section on this forum sucks!!! First it takes 10 minutes to find it in the drop-down menu. Then when you finally get to the classifieds. There are listings for 16" whack rims for a 1986 caddy!
If you do find Escalade related material it is usually outdated!

here is the current link to the parts section: http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showcat.php/cat/3

Why would any of us even want to waste our time looking through pages and pages of this crap???

I see the vehicle classifieds are starting to be used which is good to not see the same WDP EXT with davin's from 02' on the first page....

Mods- can we have our own eslcalade classified parts section? I know for a fact this will create more sales, create better member interaction. and greatly reduce the number of people who post in the general discussion... forum!

I am active on at least 9-10 automotive forums, and this is the only one where I see this problem occur over and over!

This is my idea of a classifieds section: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Maybe we are not ready for all of the catagoric breakdown, however our own section is long over due....

Spittin Game
02-13-06, 03:55 PM
Ya, I agree. The classifieds section needs a major facelift!

99escalademan
02-13-06, 04:13 PM
yea i would rather buy from someone on here , than #^#$^# ebay.

mja
02-13-06, 06:24 PM
I agree, I want to sell some chrome tow hooks but its a mess in the classified section.

slk230mb
02-13-06, 07:03 PM
I am going to ask Sal to make an Escalade Classified Section right now.

2000Escalade
02-13-06, 07:39 PM
Escalade Classified Section

Very Smart....That would be very nice

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-13-06, 08:01 PM
Escalade Classified Section

Very Smart....That would be very nice

Agreed! I think that an Escalade Classified Section would significantly improve the website as a whole.

Thanks.

vietfob714
02-13-06, 11:04 PM
I also agree.

LADE in the SHADE
02-14-06, 12:01 AM
Hey MJA, how can I get in touch with you about those chrome tow hooks?

jordan00escalade
02-14-06, 02:21 AM
Yea... I personally think it's easier to just post in the forum area, but we always get thread locked. And the classifieds are a joke. Good topic to bring up thanks

slk230mb
02-14-06, 07:50 AM
See if they'd be okay with their own Escalade Parts section in the Classifieds area.. Instead of there being one mixed parts section covering all Cadillac models, I'll setup an Escalade-Only Parts section.

Okay, that is what Sal is suggesting, and I like the idea. There will be a link below the Escalade Forum on the Forum's main page, just like the CTS-V & CTS ones. If you all approve, Sal can have it up and running in no time...

Justin Sane
02-14-06, 11:32 AM
Anything would be better than the current classified section. Nobody wants to have to weed through posts that don't pertain to their vehicle. Thanks to whoever brought that up, and thanks to cadillacforums for whatever changes you can make. I have been thinking that for a long time now.

Until those changes are made - here is what I have for sale,

I have a brand new set of 17" Chrome Escalade wheels for sale $500.

I also have a used set of Chrome 22's ASA TRS II wheels. $999

The ASA wheels are pictured below.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/asa/cars/02_escaldeext_trs_chr_3.jpg
http://www.tirerack.com/images/trans.gif

Justin Sane
02-14-06, 11:32 AM
E-mail me with any questions.

djjustinsane@yahoo.com

Synergetic
02-14-06, 11:38 AM
I've built and skinned forums before. It takes around 30 seconds to set up a new forum considering all images are in your FTP directory. Let's check it out!

Okay, that is what Sal is suggesting, and I like the idea. There will be a link below the Escalade Forum on the Forum's main page, just like the CTS-V & CTS ones. If you all approve, Sal can have it up and running in no time...

I don't like this idea. You should have a sticky sub-link under Cadillac Escalade, EXT, and ESV Forum, that says Cadillac Escalade Classifieds. It would be great since it would target Escalade owners only.

It may un-organize the forum/classifieds section, but it would be more useful which is the point, right? My company deals with this kind of stuff, we also offer internet based services to extremely large companies - so we know what we're doing when it comes to this kind of stuff.

slk230mb
02-14-06, 12:11 PM
I don't like this idea. You should have a sticky sub-link under Cadillac Escalade, EXT, and ESV Forum, that says Cadillac Escalade Classifieds. It would be great since it would target Escalade owners only.

It may un-organize the forum/classifieds section, but it would be more useful which is the point, right? My company deals with this kind of stuff, we also offer internet based services to extremely large companies - so we know what we're doing when it comes to this kind of stuff.

That's how it would be. I'll tell Sal to do it right now.

Justin Sane
02-14-06, 02:11 PM
:worship:Let everyone know once he gets it done.:bouncy:

ILLNALI
02-14-06, 07:15 PM
Thanks for making it happen guys.....Can I make one other request....Like I said earlier I do not think we need all the catagoric breakdown, but maybe a seperate wheels and tires would organize things one step better.. thanks

ldc3000
02-14-06, 07:34 PM
Now if the sellers would only keep their listing up to date we would be in business.

slk230mb
02-14-06, 07:42 PM
Thanks for making it happen guys.....Can I make one other request....Like I said earlier I do not think we need all the catagoric breakdown, but maybe a seperate wheels and tires would organize things one step better.. thanks

I will keep this in mind and inform Sal of it as well, but let's see how it goes with the current setup for now. Ok?

vietfob714
02-15-06, 01:15 AM
woo hoo its up

hornyjuan
02-15-06, 02:55 AM
Much cooler and well organized.

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-15-06, 08:40 AM
Much better. Thanks Sal. This should seriously help selling and buying items on the site.

Thanks.

slk230mb
02-15-06, 11:02 AM
Ask and ye shall receive.:halo:

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-16-06, 11:47 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know for the new Escalade Classifieds section, where it says "Escalade Parts", Escalade is spelled incorrectly. You have it spelled as "Esclade" instead of "Escalade". I just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Thanks.

slk230mb
02-16-06, 12:20 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know for the new Escalade Classifieds section, where it says "Escalade Parts", Escalade is spelled incorrectly. You have it spelled as "Esclade" instead of "Escalade". I just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Thanks.

Hahahaha, I'll let Sal know.

Lord Cadillac
02-16-06, 01:05 PM

Thanks.

Thank you! All fixed...