: NAV/Radio Question

Staxxin
02-13-06, 12:22 PM
I have had three navigation/radio units installed now. One for pealing buttons and the other two were to troubleshoot the “real-time” traffic feeds. Recently, I noticed that when use the navigation for directions the audio instructions are competing with the radio. For example, when it instructs me to “Turn Left” it plays in conjunction with the radio so it is sometimes very difficult to hear and if the radio volume is high, it cannot be heard.

My question, is this normal operation? From what I recall, and I do not use this function often but it use to mute the radio during the audio instruction i.e. Turn ahead, etc.

Thanks!!!

homer403
02-13-06, 12:43 PM
I asked the same question 6 months ago... it is suppose to bring down the radio a hair bit but I couldn't tell the difference. They (radio and NAV lady) over talk each other... another piss poor design on our NAV unit :nono: ... whomever designed this NAV should be shot by our VP DICK :gun:

vetteboy2k
02-13-06, 01:13 PM
Ever try turning up the volume knob when the nav instructions are being played? It increases the volume of just the nav instructions, without increasing the radio volume.

homer403
02-13-06, 01:51 PM
Your right on that... but they still both talk over each other... so the designer should be shot, if nothing else over the flaking button... what a piss poor design. On my Mercedes NAV, when the lady comes on... it mutes everything else... like they all should.

Staxxin
02-13-06, 01:53 PM
I thought mine did that before they replaced the unit 3 times... The radio mutes for onstar.

hemkin57
02-13-06, 02:15 PM
When my lady in the dash talks she turns down the radio while she is talking so that I can hear her. It is very nice of her to do. When she is done, she promptly turns the volume back up. I can also adjust her volume separately from the radio in the setup screen.

ewill3rd
02-13-06, 04:31 PM
I think you can adjust the drop of the radio volume and the volume of the nav voice from the setup menu somewhere.
I know you can adjust her voice, the radio volume drop is a more faded memory....

50 4Ever
02-13-06, 09:25 PM
I think you can adjust the drop of the radio volume and the volume of the nav voice from the setup menu somewhere.
I know you can adjust her voice, the radio volume drop is a more faded memory....

From the radio screen (BAND) hit the tuning knob and select "INTRPT VOLUME", this controls the radio volume when it is interrupted. Then go to the NAV screen. Press the tuning knob for the Menu and select "VOICE VOLUME", this controls the volume of the navigators voice.

Try the Intrpt Volume set low and the Voice Volume set high. This works for me.

:thumbsup:

Staxxin
02-13-06, 09:43 PM
Great tip!!! I'll give it a try. Thanks!!!