: Upgrade EFI on a 2000 Lade?

bensargeant
02-13-06, 05:55 AM
Hi All

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the EFI system to a multi point system like the ones from Edelbrock?

The SFI system on the 5.7 is really pretty crappy! i'm sure it would be a lot more responsive with a multi point system.

if anyone has done this or got any info it would be greatly appreciated.

ewill3rd
02-13-06, 07:50 AM
GM makes an updated design unit for that to address some concerns in certain states with sticking poppet nozzles.
The current system on your truck is a sequential system and there is not much wrong with it except for the mechanical nozzles. The updated MFI unit has injectors placed at the tips of the tubes instead of in the metering body like the current CSFI unit in your truck.

There is a bulletin that outlines what to use and how to do the upgrade to the new injector assembly. I believe the cost is around 400 dollars for all the parts.
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but that's the only thing I personally know about.

hcvone
02-13-06, 09:24 AM
As said you have some options, it just depends on how much you want to spend, and how much performance you want. :)

bensargeant
02-14-06, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I'm not looking for a rocket ship, just a little more responsiveness would be good.

i'm running on propane most of the time so separate injectors would improve the running on propane.

As for a budget i guess i'd go to about 1000 dollars on the parts.