Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Loose harmonic balancer

6K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Ninja-v 
#1 ·
All I should have pinned crank/ balancer while engine was out but I didn't put new bolt did 75ftlbs then rotate additional 150degrees per service information been doing good until last night was doing a pull felt power level off let out oil pressure was down anybodu used arp bolt or ati? Or a pin kit that will work on our cars?

#2 ·
Not really following your post on what the problem is, but I do not see how harmonic balancer would have anything to do with low oil pressure.

It could cause vibration in the engine sure, not sure how that would affect power either other than making driver want to not rev as high or maybe triggering a knock sensor?

#10 ·
so had my slp crankshaft pin kit come in today for ls engine and i got to say whole process went very smoothly. would have been a pita if didn't have a lift but after taking air intake off and cooling fans out, got a right angle drill up in there and was a piece of cake. im not sure what kind of drill bit came in the pin kit but it drilled through the crank and balancer like butter lol. very satisfied with the outcome long as no more loosening up balancer, which it should be good to go now. highly would recomend the slp kit for 100.00 from jegs to anybody needing to pin theirs which sure isn't to many i seem to have bad luck with mine lol

#16 · (Edited)
HELP!!!!

My car is in getting work done, and they're attempting to pin the crank with the SLP part # 100250 "Crank Pin Kit for the LS motor" that I supplied them, per the above advice (see the web link http://www.jegs.com/i/SLP/847/100250/10002/-1 ). My shop is saying that it doesn't fit - essentially that the drill guide hole doesn't intersect the outer circumference of the crankshaft, and the inner circumference of the crankshaft pulley, to form a keyway!

Can anyone confirm that this is the correct Part #!??!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.