: wayy too much fun....

Night Wolf
01-01-04, 11:14 PM
ok, so some friends called me up, wanted to hang out... i drove to the mall, but didn't realize it would be closed (got thier at 7:15). I am driving the Olds for the winter.... '89 Eighty Eight, it was $500, good car, 3800 V6 (lotta power) but the outside isn't the best......

so anyway, we had my Olds, and there was a total of 5 of us, me, a guy and 3 girls, so we are driving, there is this one part where on the other side of the river, the speed limit is 45, but there is a traffic light every block....

...so minding my own bussiness... I am doing 45-50 I don't push it too much with the Olds as it isn't in the best shape) so the light turns yellow, and I slow up and stop..... so it turn green, and right as it turns green, this black Jetta flies by me on the left (3 lane road, I am in the middle) now they were slowing up for the red light, then punched it..... the first thign I saw was, black Jetta, it is the style like my friend '98, it has steel wheels with no wheel covers, and it was a GL (my freind has the GLS) so I know it has the massive 115hp 2.0 4banger, and either the auto, or the 5spd, both of which are really slow.... so I am like ok, lets have some fun, so I floor it..... my car downshifts into 1st, and the 3800 does actually pull hard, so by the time I hit 45, and shifted into 2nd, I was almost passing them..... there was a guy and a girl, the girl was driving, they were like 18-19 or so..... as I passed, I went back and fourth from looking at the road to looking at them, and the guy (sitting in the passnenger seat) was staring at me...like one of those stare down things... so then the girl speeds up and cuts me off, dosn't use the blinker either, so I flash my brights at them, they are kinda far ahead now, and swerve into the left lane hard, then slow up, meanwhile I am still doing 45-50, I am not going to be stupid like them (this area is loaded with cops) so they get in the left lane and slow down, they are along the side of me, and the guy is still staring at me, then the gril pretends to be in 2Fast 2 Furious, and she starts swerving left and right along the side of me.... now, I am in the Olds= I don't give a crap, so the road was stright, and I sit there staring at the car (eyeing the road too) and not moving at all.... she must have got pissed becuase she hit the brakes and got behind me like within 6 inches.... before I had time to hit my brakes (duh) she got back in the left lane, then let that massive 2.0 4 run wide open for about 3/4 mile up the road (too bad there was no cops there, I would still be laughing soo bad). So I am like, ok, that was really fun, so I turn onto the road for the mall, then enter the mall road, and drive aorund to the movie theaters.... now these people must have got there an honest 2minutes before me (dosn't seem like much, but for what happened, and what happened next, it is) so I am driving around, looking for a place to park, and I go through this one row, and I see a car parked (oncoming lane) with thier left blinker on, and a lady on (my) right side pulling out (she was in a van) I didn't know she was backing out, so kept going, she starts backing out, then slams on her brakes....but guess who that car was that was parked? yup, my friends in the Jetta.... so I was still smiling and laughing (since we were all tlaking aobut what happened) and I nod my head, and she is looking at me all pissed (thinking back, I should have stopped, let the lady in the van back out, then since I was closer to the open spot, take their spot.... so they are staring at me, I park, we go in, and I see them waiting in line for a moive.... then we found out the mall was closed, and left, I saw their car... had an aftermarket spolier (not a rice one, looked good on the car) and they were from NC, so I was like whatever... the guy that was with us was like I should kick in his door or something, but I was like, don't do that.... they didn't do anything to me, no sense to damage their stuff...... I was like, BUT, if the mall was opened, I could think of a million pranks.... silly string, get the marker stuff that is made for writing things on windows..... go to Spencers and get a box of those baby condoms etc... just funny things that woudln't ruin anything.....

....but thinking back, and what makes me love the whoel thing was.... here I am, with 5 (five) people in my car, which is a 15 year old winter car (beater?) they saw the nice dent, the paint is fadded...the thing looks like a POS...well not really, but just something that you really wouldn't think much of... and here I am pulling like hell on them in their newer car with just 2 people in it.... and it isn't like the Eighty Eight is a sports car either..... it's a grandma grocery getter....lol.....see, THIS is why, even though it's a winter car, I love having a car with power behind it....and the 3800 really showed them up.....

....see, if i had the DeVille, I would have just molested them soo them, they wouldn't know what happened, and then they would cry becuase it was a Cadillac that beat them... but I would be worried about them hitting my car with their car, or keying it up at the parking lot... that I wouldn't do anything back....which is why i have that love in my heart for the Olds....it's a great car, the interrior is nice, the engine has plenty of power, but the outside is banged up, so I don't care......

.....if my service engine light wasn't on (problem with the EGR valve) and I knew the car better.... I would have definitly played aorudn with them..... but I really didn't need the car stalling out on me, or something happenening while messing around, so i kept it cool......

..... but this is somethign I will remember a looong time...just the fact that I was stopped, then started accelerating slowly to like 15 or 20 (the lady in the S10 on my right, that coudln't shift for crap was accelerating faster then me) then the Jetta lies by....must have been doing 40 or so (ok, so I sped up to 60 maybe still) and it took a few seconds for my brain to say, Hey, floor it, and I just pulled on them like crazy.....

....man, I love big, luxury, old people cars with balls....... oh yeah..... soo much fun.......

elwesso
01-02-04, 10:53 AM
NICE! Gotta love the old POS cars that are pretty quick....

You should have went up and talked to them....

davesdeville
01-02-04, 09:58 PM
Yep, that's why my friends $88 Corsica is so much fun.