: Will Sirius work with NAV?

4DOORVET
02-12-06, 08:29 PM
Is there any converter or way Sirius will work with the NAV system. I just installed my Sirius unit under the armrest but would really like it to work like XM does.....

ctsvett
02-12-06, 09:23 PM
I know they are working on the kit... I will check the status.

Reed

4DOORVET
02-12-06, 09:28 PM
I know they are working on the kit... I will check the status.

Reed

thank you, let me know..

austin
02-12-06, 09:49 PM
>I know they are working on the kit... I will check the status.

I would like to know as well. :)

kjr39
02-12-06, 09:51 PM
I would like this as well. As a matter of fact, I would love this.

I can't stand XM compared to Sirius.

Vdrenaline
02-12-06, 10:17 PM
XM is crap compared to sirius

ctsvett
02-12-06, 11:35 PM
They just told me it might be a month or two.. they are having a problem sourcing a "generic" enough serius tuner that will work with the car...

They expect a month or two..

Reed

Kadonny
02-13-06, 09:46 AM
I am waiting for this also. I hope it does come through.

Flyboy
02-13-06, 10:01 AM
I'm happy with the XM. What makes the Sirius better. Just curious.

Also, when "they" have the fix, will it work within our Nav/Radio unit just like the XM is now??

I wouldn't want a separate box....that would make the car look "clunky"

DrivingAmericanNow
02-13-06, 10:05 AM
They just told me it might be a month or two.. they are having a problem sourcing a "generic" enough serius tuner that will work with the car...

They expect a month or two..

Reed

Sounds good, I'm into my second month of Howard withdrawl. One potetntially stupid question though.......... Who is "THEY" ?????

Kadonny
02-13-06, 10:11 AM
I'm happy with the XM. What makes the Sirius better. Just curious.

Howard Stern.

James Baldwin
02-13-06, 10:28 AM
I heard that in 2007 automakers will switch to a common tuner that receives either one. Anyone know if this is true or not?

I have had XM for 2+ years in my truck and thought I liked it... then I drove a Hertz rental that was equipped with Sirius.... I would switch in a heartbeat. The programming and variety of channels (that interest me) was much better... and they have the NFL

DrivingAmericanNow
02-13-06, 10:32 AM
and they have the NFL

and Howard.......... don't forget about the Lesbians!
Not that there's anything wrong with that.......

Flyboy
02-13-06, 10:46 AM
Golly.....to each his own.....I would PAY money NOT to listen to or see Stern....but what do I know?

He's making more money than me.

diverdan
02-13-06, 11:18 AM
The variety is better with Sirius. I also like the small touches such as the '80's channel has the original MTV VJs as air talent. They also have Margaritaville Radio for the Buffett fans.
I'm about to get the XM turned on in the CTS-V I just bought, but only until the Sirius kit is available. I'll buy one just as soon as it is available.
John

odysseus
02-13-06, 03:01 PM
Be aware though, that even with any 'factory-like' Sirius kit is still going to show the "XM" icon on the nav screen. There's no way to change the software in the Nav for the menus and screens. I've installed the 'Radio's and More' XM kit, which uses the XMDirect tuner just like a factory tuner, and it's totally transparent. If the Sirius kit is as integrated, that would be a coup. You'd have to disable your current XM tuner, though, as it transmits the same metadata on the Class 2 serial bus.

Personally, I don't listen to talk radio, sports radio, etc. I only listen to music and prefer no DJ's or commercials. XM has more than enough variety for me. XM vs. Sirius is a personal preference. I don't believe one is 'better' than the other, but then again, I don't listen to Stern. It's just like the 'Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge' debates. It's all personal preference.

diverdan
02-13-06, 03:36 PM
My understanding is that this Sirius unit, when released, will be a direct replacement for the XM receiver/tuner in the back of the car. Unbolt/unplug the XM and then plug in the Sirius. The delay in shipping is a result of making the interface compatible/seamless. I personally don't care if it says XM if Sirius is playing. The channel information has to be updateable because both Sirius and XM periodically make changes to their line-up.
I am am wrong in my understanding of this, please enlighten me.

John

4DOORVET
02-13-06, 06:47 PM
Well I'm glad I asked. Thank you for all the info. I am running both XM and Sirius. The XM sounds much better because it is intergrated within the Nav. My Sirius is played though a FM channel. I have it located under my armrest with the antenna inside on the dash. It is a very clean install, you can't notice it unless you are looking for it. I can't wait for the new unit. The problem is, I will need to buy another Sirius subscription because they get their money by the number of radios not the end user.

Who is they and when will we know when this is available?

Will it work with the existing antenna?

Again thank for the info......

Loving my V over my G..... (after they fix my windshield leak)!!!!!!!:mad:

thebigjimsho
02-13-06, 11:19 PM
Well, I've had the V for 20 months now and that means I've had XM for that amount of time. But I've had Sirius for over 2 years now and I find Sirius to be much better in music variety and personalities. Having NFL, NBA and NHL with NCAA games and NASCAR in '07 just makes it that much better. Personally, I'm not a Stern fan and have only listened to a few minutes of him since he's started.

I like Sirius' coverage better, it seems it doesn't lose signal nearly as much as XM although that might just be the Caddy's tuner. But I will say that Sirius through an FM modulator in the Town Car with the base radio sounds better than XM through the Caddy's Bose.

BowenCT
02-14-06, 10:29 AM
I too have both, Sirius is leaps and bounds better than XM, for all of the reasons everyone has just listed. As soon as I can have Sirius in the V, I will drop XM.

kjr39
02-14-06, 11:18 AM
I too have both, Sirius is leaps and bounds better than XM, for all of the reasons everyone has just listed. As soon as I can have Sirius in the V, I will drop XM.

I have both as well. What I like about Sirius is that I can set it on a station and leave it there for hours without wanting to change the channel.

XM, I cannot find a channel where I can do that.

roadracerx72
02-14-06, 11:25 AM
I have both as well. What I like about Sirius is that I can set it on a station and leave it there for hours without wanting to change the channel.

XM, I cannot find a channel where I can do that.
:yeah: