: New Ride - Of course you'll hate it

CVP33
02-12-06, 05:29 PM
Cleaned her all up today. By far the hardest wheels to clean EVER! But worth it when they're done. :hide:

kjr39
02-12-06, 05:34 PM
I hate it. :duck:

(Nice house though.)

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-12-06, 05:37 PM
Looks pretty fine to me - did you trade your V in for it or something? I must say I like it better than the Charger SRT. Are you going to upgrade the grill? I've seen several that really look slick.

crowan
02-12-06, 05:38 PM
Not another damn SRT-8 thread!:banghead: :bomb:

:histeric:

Very nice looking ride. I love those seats

CR

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-12-06, 05:38 PM
Plus it's assembled in Canada so both of you must like that (just kidding gents).

Dennisscars
02-12-06, 05:41 PM
Nice car.. too bad it's a Dodge..:duck:

At least you got the fastest color...:D
Nice seats...

kjr39
02-12-06, 05:42 PM
Plus it's assembled in Canada so both of you must like that (just kidding gents).

Okay, that was funny. :)

ZT, I believe that CVP went through half a dozen diffs before getting his V lemon'ed... Decided not to have another headache...

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-12-06, 05:43 PM
Hey and CP - I see it's got F1's - so any wheel hop? Changing tires all but eliminated it for me so I'm wondering if you can verify if they are the culprit.

CVP33
02-12-06, 05:44 PM
The seats are VERY supportive. The rear seats echo the bolstering and look sporty too. The massive 20" rims actually make these monster rotors look small. The spokes on the rims are very sharp. When I was cleaning it, it was 39 degrees and snowing. The feeling in my hands is just now starting to return.

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-12-06, 05:45 PM
Yeah kjr, can't say I blame him after that. It will be interesting to hear of his experience going forward - the 300's have a worse track record of problems than the V.

10secvette
02-12-06, 05:50 PM
Yeah kjr, can't say I blame him after that. It will be interesting to hear of his experience going forward - the 300's have a worse track record of problems than the V.

That would suck!!

Looks good Chris. I'm willing to bet at the stoplight derby, that 300C will hand a V driver his ass unless he knows how to launch, and then he's taking his rear end into his own hands..... that just does'nt sound right, does it?!

CVP33
02-12-06, 05:58 PM
That would suck!!

Looks good Chris. I'm willing to bet at the stoplight derby, that 300C will hand a V driver his ass unless he knows how to launch, and then he's taking his rear end into his own hands..... that just does'nt sound right, does it?!

LOL. This thing will surprise you from a stop light. No wheel hop but plenty of wheel spin. I know the SRT-8 would take 99% of V drivers off the line due to the easy launch. But from upwards of 40 mph you just can't get it to downshift enough to get the acceleration up to the V's. The sweet spot for the V's was loading up 3rd gear and then hammer it up to just over 90 mph. The sweet spot for the SRT is just under 60 and then hammer it.

1MEANV
02-12-06, 06:03 PM
you son of a bitch!

1MEANV
02-12-06, 06:04 PM
love it. i was going tobuy the wife one but she wanted a jeep liberty instead. bitch! lol

2004ctsv
02-12-06, 06:04 PM
That's an automatic transmission, right?
Well, I guess that's okay if you're not a purist.:boring:

I hope you have better luck with this ride.

Tony

CVP33
02-12-06, 06:10 PM
That's an automatic transmission, right?
Well, I guess that's okay if you're not a purist.:boring:

I hope you have better luck with this ride.

Tony

Yes it's an auto, but it does have auto-stick. This is not the old version where if you reach the rev-limiter it will shift anyway. This thing will hold the gear and actually bounce off the rev-limiter until YOU shift. The shifts are not nearly as precise, abrupt or crisp as you can shift a V to be sure. But you can manually drive the car. I must admit that my left foot still reaches for the clutch about half the time as I approach stop lights.

Florian
02-12-06, 06:12 PM
Nice Ride, Chris...now youll know what the tail lights of the V look like.

j/k

F

DILLIGAF
02-12-06, 07:07 PM
I like it,I don't want to but I do.Theres just so few cars in this class,not much selection out there for us.V or that

slk230mb
02-12-06, 07:10 PM
Looks good Chris :thumbsup: I like how it says SRT on the rim spoke.

DrivingAmericanNow
02-12-06, 07:25 PM
Nice, very nice. Why should we hate that? It's one of the few sedans that will give us a fair challenge.

Not my cash of course, but here's a strong second for getting one of those aftermarket mesh grills. There's one in my area and it looks fantastic.

Do you get any wheel hop with that thing?

Falkolade
02-12-06, 07:31 PM
look at that damn automatic... needs a 6 speed then i'd aprove

kjr39
02-12-06, 07:32 PM
Nice Ride, Chris...now youll know what the tail lights of the V look like.

Or, what a rear diff looks like blowing up. :)

Ryan's '05-V
02-12-06, 07:36 PM
I think it's a sweet ride and pretty good replacement for a V at a nice price. What are your mod plans at this point? I haven't noticed any comments on that yet.

Dreamin
02-12-06, 07:38 PM
Nooooo... dont leave us man... :crying:

trekster
02-12-06, 07:40 PM
you're going to hate my upcoming thread.

CVP33
02-12-06, 07:50 PM
These is absolutely no wheel hop. There is plenty of wheel spin though. When I was breaking it in she seemed a little sluggish at times. As the miles build so does the power. Off the line at anything under 30 miles per hour it's very easy to spin the wheels when it downshifts. As for mods, I too like some of the grills that actually match the V's mesh/chrome look. I've already ordered the SRT floor and cargo mats. Very inexpensive from the dealer BTW, only $150 for all 5 with logos. Might do a CAI and exhaust down the road. I know that headers are available, ah shit, here we go again. Seriously though, 300C forum guys are getting into the 12's with no mod's so I'm really not looking to be any faster than that.

thebigjimsho
02-12-06, 08:00 PM
I like it a lot! Very nice choice if you ask me. Actually, I like the stock grill on those a lot. Some of the mesh ones to me are too much.

CVP33
02-12-06, 08:02 PM
I like it a lot! Very nice choice if you ask me. Actually, I like the stock grill on those a lot. Some of the mesh ones to me are too much.

Here is the one I'm considering Jim. It's more like the V's and isn't as gaudy as some I've seen. It's very easy to go too far with the add-ons with these 300's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06-CHRYSLER-300-300C-UNIQUE-3D-CHROME-GRILL-GRILLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ8038 145058QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

1badcady
02-12-06, 08:04 PM
I know that headers are available, ah shit, here we go again. Seriously though, 300C forum guys are getting into the 12's with no mod's so I'm really not looking to be any faster than that.

Check out kooks headers, the father drives the srt 8 Im sure they can
help, once your get use to the power you'll want mooooore!!!
but then again you know that:bouncy:.

10secvette
02-12-06, 08:04 PM
Here is the one I'm considering Jim. It's more like the V's and isn't as gaudy as some I've seen. It's very easy to go too far with the add-ons with these 300's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06-CHRYSLER-300-300C-UNIQUE-3D-CHROME-GRILL-GRILLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ8038 145058QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Shit Chris, you should of had mods sitting on the living room floor BEFORE you bought the car. Getting old boy.

CVP33
02-12-06, 08:10 PM
One other thing about our forum. If anyone is wondering why I'm staying in the Caddy forum. I posted pix of my new SRT on the 300c forum. Over an hour later I've got 1 reply. Within 5 minutes there were 10 here. I've said it before guys. We have on of the BEST forums for enthusiasts.

OldRoadDawg
02-12-06, 08:14 PM
I heard somewhere that they were going to bring the DeSoto back out. :Poke:
Now those are the kind of seats they should have put in the V.

DILLIGAF
02-12-06, 08:16 PM
The thing I notice about the 300's is they look fn huge going down the road.Standing next to one,not so big looking,not that tall either.I like the stock grill as is.Anybody lowering the 300?Chrysler should have done some subtle body differences like between the V and regular cts.Maybe there is some and no one has pointed them out to me yet.There is a shi-load of regular 300s around here,a couple srt8s in Wichita.

CVP33
02-12-06, 08:22 PM
Here ya go. I agree that rolling down the road they look much larger. The SRT sits lower than you'd expect. It is 6 inches longer than the V and weighs 200 lbs. more, there's no hiding that.

arr0gant
02-12-06, 08:25 PM
arrg

arr0gant
02-12-06, 08:27 PM
What car do you think is more recognizable? The CTS or the 300? That asked, do you think the SRT-8 will be way more predominant on the road than the almost non-existant V, or will it be just as rare?

One thing I LOVE about my V, it's so damn rare it makes me feel special. I like to feel special. :)

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-12-06, 08:32 PM
What do you guys think of the interior? Obviously it's nice, but I don't know, has somewhat of an old-man look about to me. No offense CVP...

V-Max
02-12-06, 08:34 PM
Nothing like sticking it to the man! Now go get those windows tinted. :) Looks great!

Norm

wildwhl
02-12-06, 08:34 PM
Hate to say it, but the seats look great, the diff won't explode, and I'll bet that the center armrest/console cover won't break either.

Nice choice on color, Chris. No way you won't mod it though...it just won't happen. I'll bet big money on it :)

CVP33
02-12-06, 08:43 PM
What do you guys think of the interior? Obviously it's nice, but I don't know, has somewhat of an old-man look about to me. No offense CVP...

The interior surprised me. In pictures, I hated it. In person you notice the details. The chrome bands on the door pulls and steering wheel are a very nice touch. The steering wheel itself appears to be hand stitched. All the buttons feel first rate. The shifter (I know) feels great in your hand. The HVAC controls are a little hokie but once you get use to it you can adjust them without looking. My only gripe about the interior continues to be the carpet. Just not up to the Caddy standard. Oh and BTW I did find a way to put a digital speedo on the DIC screen.

homer403
02-12-06, 09:00 PM
I always like this car except... why did they put that analog clock in there.. really looks out of place... DTS has one... don't like it there either. Glad to see you choosen black.

ace996
02-12-06, 09:02 PM
Stand-Ho whilst I address the King,
First, all joking aside...that's a beautiful car. Second, you have a beautiful house. God bless....
Now, if I was the owner of that car it would get a black mesh grille. Get another set of wheels, 18s if they fit over the brakes (keep the 20s for all-season tires)....dubs are too big and heavy, the car will go/stop/turn faster with a nice set of 18s....and finish the "Blackout" with either gunmetal rims, black rims, or dare I say it....black-chrome wheels. My number one choice would be SSR Comps in 18...teh fa$t3$t wheels, of course.

And a 20% tint job. I have that on my V and I forgot just how good a nice tint looks.

That's about it...sure, do the headers/intake/exhaust and I believe HPTuners(an AMERICAN company, EFILive is NewZealand..) is now offering their ECU tuner for Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. If you have a Hemi, and a monster one at that, may as well let it breathe and blow hard!

Best of luck with the car, the seats are really beautiful and look quite supportive. Also, the interior is quite snazzy...I dig the gauges.
Again, best of luck and I wish you many trouble-free miles!

All your DUBS belong to me,
Lord Pu$$y

wildwhl
02-12-06, 09:15 PM
Lord Pu$$y -

Nice to hear you tout the American companies.

How is your Buel...errr....Ducati?

:lildevil:

ace996
02-12-06, 09:25 PM
Lord Pu$$y -

Nice to hear you tout the American companies.

How is your Buel...errr....Ducati?

:lildevil:

Touche! :histeric: Good one...

And Mr.Eric Buell is doing a pretty good job, lately. When he's given permission to put the V-Rod motor in one of those sexy frames he's famed for, I may just need to take a closer look.
-ace

thebigjimsho
02-12-06, 09:29 PM
Funny Chris, I posted over on the SRT-8 forum a little bit ago about the grill. Definitely go for black powdercaoting. Keep the chrome surrond and BAM! Sweet SRT-8.

2004ctsv
02-12-06, 09:31 PM

And Mr.Eric Buell is doing a pretty good job, lately. When he's given permission to put the V-Rod motor in one of those sexy frames he's famed for, I may just need to take a closer look.
-ace

Another native son does well.
Hail to Pitt

T

CVP33
02-12-06, 09:35 PM

-ace

New "ownership" and "location" are hilarious as usual. :histeric: See why I can't leave? Damn it!

Gordy Petrovski
02-12-06, 09:36 PM
Great car,congrats :cheers: can't whate to see it with the lambo doors :thumbsup: just kidding,U did good kid.

CVP33
02-12-06, 09:52 PM
BigJim,

I didn't think it would look good but it does, it REALLY does. The black center with the chrome surround. Now just add some tint to set it off and wow. Damn, I've got to get busy.

http://www.300cforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=122 (http://www.300cforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=122&limit=views)

kjr39
02-12-06, 09:57 PM
that actually looks really sweet.

wildwhl
02-12-06, 10:29 PM

-ace

Serious threadjack - but the motor alone won't make you want to give up the Duc I'm afraid.

CVP - I'm simply posting because you seem to be gaining on me again - and you don't even own a V :banghead:

CVP33
02-12-06, 10:45 PM
CVP - I'm simply posting because you seem to be gaining on me again - and you don't even own a V :banghead:

Ain't that some shi+. And BigJim has already doubled the number of posts in the SRT-8 forum for today single handedly and he doesn't even own a 300. What the hell is the world coming to?

MSJ
02-13-06, 02:06 AM
Nice choice Chris, grats on the new ride. Damn thing runs 12's stock, has an MP3 player, and Uconnect blue tooth. The Uconnect is a nice feature.

enjoy!

Katshot
02-13-06, 05:47 AM
The interior surprised me. In pictures, I hated it. In person you notice the details. The chrome bands on the door pulls and steering wheel are a very nice touch. The steering wheel itself appears to be hand stitched. All the buttons feel first rate. The shifter (I know) feels great in your hand. The HVAC controls are a little hokie but once you get use to it you can adjust them without looking. My only gripe about the interior continues to be the carpet. Just not up to the Caddy standard. Oh and BTW I did find a way to put a digital speedo on the DIC screen.

I found myself nodding while reading this. I too, disliked the 300C's interior but for some reason didn't seem to mind the SRT-8's interior, other than the lame carpeting! Has a real cheap look and feel to it IMO.
There's a silver/blue SRT-8 at the local dealer calling to me lately. I love the color and they have it sitting out front. Everytime I go buy, I can't help drooling over it. Damn I wish I didn't already have 2 car payments! :(

crowan
02-13-06, 08:39 AM
I found myself nodding while reading this. I too, disliked the 300C's interior but for some reason didn't seem to mind the SRT-8's interior, other than the lame carpeting! Has a real cheap look and feel to it IMO.
There's a silver/blue SRT-8 at the local dealer calling to me lately. I love the color and they have it sitting out front. Everytime I go buy, I can't help drooling over it. Damn I wish I didn't already have 2 car payments! :(

That silver/blue color is spectacular. :cloud9:

CR

M5eatr
02-13-06, 10:11 AM
Nice car Chris. Isn't it fantastic that we are in another "muscle car war" between the manufacuters? Good luck King.

V-SATX
02-13-06, 10:47 AM
Chris,

I reverse my comment about the car being ugly. The SRT will grow on you. Good lookin car!!!Congrats!!!
:hide:

VELOSE
02-13-06, 02:30 PM
Everytime I see a 300 SRT-8, I give them the evil eye. Mostly because they are competition. However I can't deny Chrysler did a nice job with the exterior. It's just as subtle as what Cadillac did with the V. Seriously though, if SRT-8's had a damn manual in their cars, I would've probably traded in the V for one when I have my sad moments of ownership.

On the real though, the only SRT-8 I'd pick in automatic would be that monster of a Jeep Cherokee. I finally saw one on the road this morning. It was silver and damn....I'm still twitching to go to the dealer and drive one.

1MEANV, you crack me up. If those bitches didn't have anything to say sometimes, we'd get our way more often. j/k LOL :D

NIK
02-13-06, 03:18 PM
Chris,

I reverse my comment about the car being ugly. The SRT will grow on you. Good lookin car!!!Congrats!!!
:hide:

Cancer will grow on you too ...... doesn't mean it's a good thing. And from what I hear, the SRT-8 may not have diff problems, but there are plenty more others to take it's place. Guess I'd better shut up before I get into trouble.

Z06CTSV
02-13-06, 04:05 PM
Congrats. I may make the switch one day. How is the comfort level match up with the V?. How about the Nav, radio, etc? Hope the tires last longer than on the V.

Thanks,
Joe
New Orleans

CVP33
02-13-06, 05:16 PM
Congrats. I may make the switch one day. How is the comfort level match up with the V?. How about the Nav, radio, etc? Hope the tires last longer than on the V.

Thanks,
Joe
New Orleans

Comfort - Seats are better amongst other things, but some are not including the carpet.

NAV is excellent and the voice is sexier than the caddy and no I'm not joking. The NAV screen is bigger in the V but frankly I let the voice direct me anyway.

Radio in the SRT is better but I have the Kicker system. The difference could actually just be the sub-woofer fooling my ears into hearing better sound. Obviously it has more bass and I can't stand the volume up anyway near the highest.

Tire life, I have no idea. The F1's are not as grippy as the GSD3's and there is only one other choice, RSA's, so there really is no choice.

CVP33
02-13-06, 05:32 PM
Cancer will grow on you too ...... doesn't mean it's a good thing. And from what I hear, the SRT-8 may not have diff problems, but there are plenty more others to take it's place. Guess I'd better shut up before I get into trouble.

Nik,

No need to hold back. I've already experienced some issues and the vehicle is currently in the shop. Here's my concerns so far:

The SRT studders on it's 1-2 shift. It doesn't seem to like a full throttle launch. I can use 90% throttle and it feels like I'm getting full power and the studder is less pronounced. My guess is that this is some kind of self preservation algorithm used to save the tranny. I have an email into a Chrysler engineer now awaiting an answer.

My brakes began squealing at around 500 miles. Kind of like the V. There is a TSB which replaces the pads with less noisy and dusty ones so I'm getting them.

My front chin spoiler was delivered partially detached. After close inspection the tabs used to hold it in place were broken and the 3M tape had no adhesive. This is being replaced.

Finally, there is a stone chip on the A-pillar that I know the car was delivered with so that is being repainted. I will post ALL my trials and tribulations with my SRT as I did with my V. I have nothing to hide and frankly I wish everyone would share their issues so that we can compare notes.

I will share with you that I really like my new dealer. Upon returning there to address the concerns above, I explained that the chin spoiler just needed some 3M adhesive and if they get me about a 10 inch strip I would just reapply and be on my merry way. The service writer explained, and I quote "Mr. XXX XXXXX this is nearly a $50,000 vehicle and if it is not as it should be we will replace every part until you are satisfied. We can't let you just try to stick that back on, that would not be right." I just about fell over. I believe that my 5 Star Chrysler dealer went to the Lindsay school of customer service. BTW - Starr Motors, Suffolk, VA.

Got5onit
02-13-06, 05:47 PM
I love it!!!
The only thing that kept me away from the SRt300c was the fact it did not come in a 6spd. After looking at yours, I'm tempted to go test drive one.
I love the GC SRT8's, but most Jeep dealers are marking them up to ridiculous prices.