: How to Remove EGR Valve

Robteesit
02-12-06, 03:04 PM
Hope someone can offer some advice. I am trying to replace the EGR valve on my 96 STS - but it has the stainless steel fuel rail. I can't seem to move it enough to get to one of the bolts that the tab on the rail attaches to. I thought maybe removing the clips from where the fuel rails go to the fuel lines would loosing the rail enough to move - but the ends of the rail lines seem to be clipped in and I am guessing it takes a special tools to remove them. I already have the replacement valve but can't figure away to loosen or move the fuel rail without damage. Any body else ran into this or know of a way I could get the old valve off without damaging the fuel rail. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

SL1CK
02-12-06, 06:06 PM
I had the same problem when I tried to do it. The most important thing is of course NOT YANKING OR TENSELY PULLING on the fuel rail lines. What I did was just gently move the lines upward, and then to the right. It takes a bit of time, but it'll get the job done. Remember not to pull so hard. When doing the technique that I described, you may have to pull a little hard yes, but NOT FORCEFULLY.