: What car is this?

Boombotz
02-12-06, 11:24 AM
Cause I saw it and fell in love.:hide:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-12-06, 11:30 AM
its called "The Nothing"

It was haveily based on a 1991 Buick Park Avenue atop a chevy sububan chassis powered by a 3 cylander geo metro engine....

The most rare version was a one of one that had the lone option: an AM radio with woodgrain sideing

hint ....i need a picture

HotRodSaint
02-12-06, 11:44 AM
That's Wonder Womans invisible plane!! :p

Boombotz
02-12-06, 11:46 AM
HaHa :histeric: . Sorry I don't know what happen. I did uploaded them. They are there now.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-12-06, 11:49 AM
yup honda s2000 ...not a bad little car .....

id rather have a soltice or a miata

CVP33
02-12-06, 11:58 AM
I was looking for a sporty little car for my wife. The Honda S2000 is light years ahead of the Mazda. I haven't driven the Solstice yet, but the car mags rated it higher than the Mazda, so using the transitive property I would have to guess the Honda is the better of the Solstice.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-12-06, 12:08 PM
yup , your right ...but for the price point the solstice is where its at ....its kinda like the whole corvette vs porsche arugment ...a good driver ina vette will nip at the heels of a 911 all day at 1/2 the cost

the turbo soltice should be right on the s2000s lap times

Spyder
02-12-06, 01:47 PM
A buddy of mine bought one about six months back. He absolutely loves it, me, not so much. He thinks its the hottest thing since sliced bread, I say its an alright little corner carving pocket bike with four wheels. It's quick, but not so fast that it'll throw your head against the rests. It DOES handle really really well, and the brakes and suspension are very impressive. It's freaking TINY though. I can fit in it in the passenger seat for about fifteen minutes at a time, and I can't drive it because I literally can't fit behind the steering wheel. Aftermarket for it is very good, with lots of options for everything, and it does turn heads when you're driving it around. Everyone looks at it, everyone seems to like it. He's done some autocross racing with it and fell in love with the track. He swears its faster on the track than the 'Vette and all the other little cars in its track, but I just don't believe it, after having ridden in the thing when he was hammering it a few times. If you want, I can pm you his email and you can ask for more detail about it...he'd love to share, cause he's so damned proud of it! :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-12-06, 02:07 PM
I'm 5'6" and 135 lbs. I can barely fit in a S2000...

gary88
02-12-06, 02:50 PM
Me being 6"2", I wouldn't even want to THINK of trying to fit in one of those.

CVP33
02-12-06, 02:50 PM
I'm 5'6" and 135 lbs. I can barely fit in a S2000...

I'm 6' and 220lbs. and had no issues. We must be built differently. :hmm:

CVP33
02-12-06, 02:51 PM
yup , your right ...but for the price point the solstice is where its at ....its kinda like the whole corvette vs porsche arugment ...a good driver ina vette will nip at the heels of a 911 all day at 1/2 the cost

the turbo soltice should be right on the s2000s lap times

I had the Honda down to $26,500. An equally equipped Solstice runs about $25,000. Really a wash at that point. Honda quality vs. Pontiac styling. And yes those $19,995 Solstices are fiction.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-12-06, 03:12 PM
I had the Honda down to $26,500. An equally equipped Solstice runs about $25,000. Really a wash at that point. Honda quality vs. Pontiac styling. And yes those $19,995 Solstices are fiction.

no shit ?

yah at that point id go with the honda also .....just makes more sense ....i thought a new s2000 was above 35k ....

and 25k for a soltaice is just stupid ...im not shelling out 25 k for a ecotec powered car without forced induction

Jesda
02-12-06, 03:26 PM
The S2000 is annoying. You have to rev piss out of it to get any fun from the drivetrain. Thats fine for the track, but dreadful for actual driving. The Miata's limits are also more accessible, making it in some ways a better track car.

Sorry, cant stand it.

CVP33
02-12-06, 07:03 PM
The S2000 is annoying. You have to rev piss out of it to get any fun from the drivetrain. Thats fine for the track, but dreadful for actual driving. The Miata's limits are also more accessible, making it in some ways a better track car.

Sorry, cant stand it.

The rev-ing is a double edged sword. When you're not use to rev-ing an engine north of 7,000 let alone 8,000 rpms the noises the Honda made were unnerving. Once you get use to the fact that it's supposed to do that it became fun for me. As for the Miata, it didn't look like a quality car at all. Everything I touched looked cheap vs. the Honda which looked very well put together.

Jesda
02-12-06, 07:14 PM
The rev-ing is a double edged sword. When you're not use to rev-ing an engine north of 7,000 let alone 8,000 rpms the noises the Honda made were unnerving. Once you get use to the fact that it's supposed to do that it became fun for me. As for the Miata, it didn't look like a quality car at all. Everything I touched looked cheap vs. the Honda which looked very well put together.

I spent a great portion of 2005 driving my dad's 92 EG VTEC hatchback. The revving is satisfying once you're there, but becomes obnoxious for driving in typical conditions. There's a time and place for it, but daily? No thanks. It got really old.
The Miata is hardly a torque monster, but the power and handling is more accessible and user friendly. Its every man's sports car.

Fortunately, the engine nuisances were made up for by super light weight, seating comfort, 50mpg on the highway, and gobs of grip.

Elvis
02-12-06, 11:35 PM
I'd rather have a used Z3 than a new S2000.

On paper the Honda looks great, but the practicality of trying to get anything out of an I-4 is that you're constantly between 4000 and 7800 rpms.

The Z3 has an I-6 that kicks you in the pants at 1500.

Also, a 6'5" man can comfortably drive the Z3 long distances without getting leg cramps. I'm not 6'5" but the guy who sold it to us is. He bought a Z4.

Don't get me wrong, I still love and respect Hondas, but the S2000 is really just a rice rocket that replaced the Prelude as their "experimental" sporty car.

Night Wolf
02-12-06, 11:46 PM
I would choose a Solstice over an S2000.

Jesda
02-13-06, 12:19 AM
If I was a track guy, I'd probably go for the S2k. Im a road guy though. I drive along lakes, mountains, and on highways. Since the new Miata is kind of 'blah', the Solstice would get my money. I haven't played with the Solstice's shifter though, and the Honda's shifter is a bit notchy. The tranny is a huge Mazda strength.

But once you open up to used cars, like Elvis said, the Z3 is mighty tasty. Get the M Roadster with 300hp if you want to get crazy.

danbuc
02-13-06, 12:48 AM
Haha...I saw an S2000 with some expensive exhaust system run a 15.6 at the track Friday night......I was laughing histerically when I saw that! Just another reason why people should not buy cars that require driving skills, beyond their own capabilities.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-13-06, 01:09 AM
I vote Solstice

Elvis
02-13-06, 11:03 AM
Haha...I saw an S2000 with some expensive exhaust system run a 15.6 at the track Friday night......I was laughing histerically when I saw that!

Bad driver, probably a lousy launch too. They should average in the low 14's.

I ran low 16's with my Prelude and it was an automatic. A manual with I/H/E and pulleys could run low 15's and maybe even break into the high 14's with the right pressure in the tires, a cold night, empty tank, seats removed, etc.

davesdeville
02-14-06, 11:11 AM
I think my northstar is a high revver for daily driving duties... I couldn't imagine trying to drive an S2K.