: 99 Catera spark plug wires

CadillacXLR-V
02-12-06, 05:22 AM
Hi guys. Me again. My cousin-in-law's mother's 99 Catera (the problematic one I posted back about 2 months ago) is needing some plug wires and she called me 2 days ago and asked me to look online for them. Seeing as how I have NO idea what the hell plug wires are, I figured I'd ask you. So, aside from that (cause I really don't care what they are since I don't have a Catera or a Caddy in general that's mine) I was wondering if anyone knew where she could purchase some cheap ones. She did already buy some (I think) at that town and country place I mentioned for $180, but don't hold me to that. So, if you guys know where she could get them cheaper (and if anyone knows anything about Ford Crown Vics, especially a 97 model, please feel free to tell me anything and everything about it... she has one of those and it's just a few lights and sirens away from being an actual police interceptor... cool, huh?:P) let me know. Please and thank you.

bengsxr
02-12-06, 03:07 PM
the 99 catera does not have spark plug wires the coil pack is right on top of the spark plugs so check the engine to see if there are spark wires if there are wires for the spark plugs then the car is a 97 or a 98 if there are wires pull the spark plug boot and look down there to see if the well is full of oil if so then you will need valve cover gasket and wires and might as well get new spark plugs since you are going all that work.

guardian
02-12-06, 04:24 PM
Well,since you made the request:

(But this is NOT going to make your day any brighter!)

http://fordmanifoldsettlement.com/index.html

http://fordmanifoldsettlement.com/vehicles.html

You'd be much better off in a Catera.

Good luck anyway.

gixxer_751
02-13-06, 01:01 PM
the 99 catera does not have spark plug wires the coil pack is right on top of the spark plugs so check the engine to see if there are spark wires if there are wires for the spark plugs then the car is a 97 or a 98 if there are wires pull the spark plug boot and look down there to see if the well is full of oil if so then you will need valve cover gasket and wires and might as well get new spark plugs since you are going all that work.

+1, dont forget the coil pack for the '97