: Hub caps are evil!!!

Scrapyard
01-01-04, 07:31 PM
Funny thing happened to me today. I was out runing around earlier and lost 2 of my remaining 3 hub caps. I was making a left turn and heard this god awful noise come from the rear of the car. Almost like a rabid animal was trying to escape from my trunk. Then it turned in to that wounderful metal clanging sound that happens right befor your hub cap goes wizzing by you at the speed of light. So I stoped, walked back and found not only mu hub cap but my nicly road rashed fender skirt laying in a ditch :banghead: . I picked them up and walked back to the car. Threw the hub cap in the back and replaced the skirt. No sooner do I go to flip around to get back in traffic another one goes whip'n across the street :suspect: . So Now I had to go back down the street and turn around again to retrive the second one in 5 minutes :nono: . Once I had collected these wounderful enginering marvels I went home and took the last remaining one off befor it got terribly out of hand and I started wing'n them into traffic in a blind rage.

So here's your PSA for the day. Remove your hub caps! Save your paint and your sanity today. Because friends don't let friends roll hub caps :D .

gothicaleigh
01-01-04, 07:37 PM
Sounds like you need a nice set of wheels.
Older body styles look better with spokes and it's pretty much the larger the better with the new styles.

DeVillish
01-01-04, 09:32 PM
i lost one of mine. Went back to find it, it was gone, like it just flew away. They are evil, i just need tires so i can put my rims on and get rid of the lunch plates.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-02-04, 11:47 AM
scrapy , didnt you almost loose one prior to the meet ?

grandma almost lost one yesterday , was half off when she got to the party , i caught it luckily

i hate hubcaps , there always one clip away from being a deadly projectile

tru504187211
01-02-04, 12:40 PM
Don't forget about center caps...lost a few of those already and had to replace them.

Night Wolf
01-02-04, 12:46 PM
I never have a problem with mine....but min don't snap on, you remove the center cap and there is this special bolt thingy that you unscrew...same with the Olds...

gothicaleigh
01-02-04, 01:31 PM
Hell, even the aluminum wheels have their problems. I must have went through half a dozen of those chrome lugnut covers on my 17" CTS sport wheels before I got fed up and siliconed them on.

DaveSmed
01-02-04, 02:04 PM
Mine are just the opposite. Almost nothing short of a grenade will get mine off.

MMNineInchNails
01-02-04, 02:23 PM
Mine are just the opposite. Almost nothing short of a grenade will get mine off.

yeah same with me, i have to pry at them for like 5 min and they have to come off straight to get off at all i can't just pry one side and have 'em pop off.

davesdeville
01-02-04, 10:14 PM
I tried to pry mine off with a masterlock key once, it bent the key and a screwdriver I later tried. This reminds me I need to copy my spare key..

Scrapyard
01-04-04, 07:41 PM
scrapy , didnt you almost loose one prior to the meet ?

grandma almost lost one yesterday , was half off when she got to the party , i caught it luckily

i hate hubcaps , there always one clip away from being a deadly projectile

Yeah, I had the front left one come flying off on a few occasions befor this. I think that day it just wanted them all gone for good. I'm not sure weather to just clean these ones up and paint them or spend a couple bucks and get a nice set of smoothies. We'll see. Probablly gona wait a while on wheels. I can't afford big inchers right now and I'm gett'n ready to bag her next weekend, hopefuly. And for me, bags are more important then wheels at the moment.