: Drove our big brother STS V today

Davidstan
02-11-06, 07:51 PM
Drove the sts v today and was impressed. Clearly not as fun as our Cts v but had some refinement inside that was nice. For some reason it did not feel as powerful as i thought it would. Little soft on the 2 corners i took and felt like a much bigger car than it really is. Looked underneath at the diff and since i have had some leaking from mine i can can say it looked identical to the 06 cts v. Is it the same i wonder? Nice ride no question but $27k more on the sticker will stay with the beast.

1MEANV
02-11-06, 08:00 PM
apples to oranges

CIWS
02-11-06, 08:03 PM
Cool you got a chance to drive the car. I may try it after the dealership has them for a bit, not so new. :)

Dooman
02-13-06, 10:50 AM
From what I understand the 2 cars are the same platform, just stretched longer? Wider may just be the sheetmetal. Should look very similiar all over beneath the skin.

austin
02-13-06, 11:22 AM
>For some reason it did not feel as powerful as i thought it would.

I read they are using 3.42's in the STS-V's rear vs the 3.73's that we have in our CTS-V. Clearly.. the 3.73's around town lend to the "peppier" feel. IMO.. The STS-V would of been a real street killer if they chose to go with the 3.73's. Either way, it looks to be another great "V" in the "V" series... lets hope cadillac keeps this trend going. :)

Mutlu
02-13-06, 11:27 AM
Saw one at the LA autoshow in all silver and was quite impressed. I hope it does well so GM keeps up with projects such as these.

austin
02-13-06, 11:53 AM
The "V" series is definantly taken off...... And.... Speaking of taking off, i love the fact that some of the forum members have taken the "CTS" emblem off of the rear trunk, having just the "V" showing. Cadillac should of done this on their own. It would of seperated the "V" from the regular "CTS", like the BMW M-series does.

I would love to see a STS-V's Dyno numbers. Here is a link i found to a test drive follow-up w/video;

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=108791/pageNumber=1?synpartner=edmunds&pageurl=www.edmunds.com/new/2006/cadillac/stsv/100620916/roadtestarticle.html&articleId=108791

CTSV05
02-13-06, 01:23 PM
Yeah, went with a 5.7 emblem instead of the cts.

Well, the STS-V is going after a different maket, but I am very glad to see this performance trend from Caddy.

dqw1
02-13-06, 01:53 PM
I took my CTS embelm off this past weekend and I agree, the V embelm should be alone. It actually looks better.
Anyways, I'm hoping for my dealership to get an STS-V on the floor soon.

SRT8/BMW
02-13-06, 04:57 PM
hopefully going to drive one tonight. Also looking at an M5. I know which one I will like better driving, but the question is how much. And I actually like the look of the STS-V a little bit more...:bomb:

Aperformance
02-13-06, 06:53 PM
hopefully going to drive one tonight. Also looking at an M5. I know which one I will like better driving, but the question is how much. And I actually like the look of the STS-V a little bit more...:bomb: That new M5 is hard to beat but Caddy is right in the rear view...

L.Sanchez
02-13-06, 09:50 PM
How do you remove the CTS emblem??? Is it just double sided tape???