: How much might these wheels be worth?

caddycruiser
02-11-06, 06:25 PM
Just trying to get a feel for how much a set of VERY nice (no curb rash and perfect clear coat) '95 Brougham wheels might be worth, with or without the set of blackwall Michelin X-Ones with loads of tread (I thought they were new when I first looked at the car). They're a little dirty in this pic from rain splash, but you get the idea:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0158.jpg

I know this style, the typical machined, isn't in as much demand as the chromed versions, but there's still some people out there with bases that would probably like a set.

So, any idea what they might be worth if I went to sell them? When I do, I likely won't need the tires anymore either, so should they be included or would it be better to sell those separately?

Night Wolf
02-11-06, 07:07 PM
Not that much.

factory Cadillac wheels, epseically older ones not in chrome don't go for much.

I'd say $150 for the set? maybe $200...

caddycruiser
02-11-06, 08:07 PM
Not that much.

factory Cadillac wheels, epseically older ones not in chrome don't go for much.

I'd say $150 for the set? maybe $200...

Hmm...about what I figured. And that would be the wheels alone, right?

Like I said, the tires are virtually new, so I could probably sell those separately, as the 235-70-15 size is still common to a lot of smaller trucks and SUV's.

Oh, by the way, my planned replacement is a set of the chromed Brougham wheels and, probably, the same kind of Kumho whitewalls we put on the '93 in July.

Night Wolf
02-11-06, 10:54 PM
For the tires, I'd say maybe $100-$150 for the set of 4....

I would be interested in them... too far tho.

N0DIH
02-12-06, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't mind a second set, mine now have worn out tires on, and I hate running steelies in the winter with my snow tires on (yes, that is needed here north of the Cheddar Curtain).

But the cost to come that far outweighs them. I am really looking for some Impala SS wheels this spring.

caddycruiser
02-12-06, 12:28 AM
...I am really looking for some Impala SS wheels this spring.

That was my other thought, but I changed my mind after seeing a lot of different pics and deciding I wanted to keep as much of the "Ultimate Caddy" look as possible, along with seeing how much more it would cost me in wheels and tires to go with the SS's. I like the look, but it's not worth it for me, and the lack of all-season tire choices for those is pretty bad too.

All that said, I'm not sure when I'll get these things up for sale. I could try and do it locally, but there's only about 5 of these cars in existence within about a 30 mile radius, and 2 are in our driveway....unless someone with a Caprice would like a set of Caddy wheels.

As for the tires, they should be easy to sell...I just wish I could keep them. They're SO nice, but the blackwall look just won't cut it. I was crossing my fingers they might just be inside out, but not so--that would have saved me a LOT of money.

And the chrome Broughams, I can get a set of those pretty cheaply, even shipped, just have to figure out when to do all of this selling/buying/swapping.

This is the ultimate goal:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%20Cars%20Stuff/marbleheadwithchromes.jpg

N0DIH
02-12-06, 12:47 AM
Yup, that is my reasoning. I like 15's, but the lack of them is getting frustrating. I want some of the newer high tech tires, but don't want blackwalls on these wheels, just doesn't look right. But I want some of the new high tech treads like the Goodyear Forterra: http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Fortera+TripleTred&mrktarea=Light+Truck&treadwidth=235&aspectratio=70&rimdiameter=15&sidewall=VSB with whitewalls... These are currently $120 each at Tirerack. Excellent reviews from everyone (save one) who rated it on tirerack, that is saying a lot.

For NEW Impala SS wheels: http://customwheelsmarket.com/chevrolet-oem-style---replica-wheels-impala-ss--polish.html

Or go to GM and get them new, look for Scott Muellers writeup on the wheels and the p/n for a set of 4 is still good, around $180 each, but a set of 4 is mandatory.

caddycruiser
02-12-06, 01:07 AM
Yup, that is my reasoning. I like 15's, but the lack of them is getting frustrating. I want some of the newer high tech tires, but don't want blackwalls on these wheels, just doesn't look right. But I want some of the new high tech treads like the Goodyear Forterra: http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Fortera+TripleTred&mrktarea=Light+Truck&treadwidth=235&aspectratio=70&rimdiameter=15&sidewall=VSB with whitewalls...

For NEW Impala SS wheels: http://customwheelsmarket.com/chevrolet-oem-style---replica-wheels-impala-ss--polish.html

Or go to GM and get them new, look for Scott Muellers writeup on the wheels and the p/n for a set of 4 is still good, around $180 each, but a set of 4 is mandatory.

Yeah, you can get a new set of GM SS wheels for just a bit over $500 (there's always a couple dealers selling the "4 for" deal on Ebay). As for that link you posted, they want $200 a piece for one replica wheel, which would end up being $800--WAY too much for a set of stock (or stock looking) wheels.

I do like the look though, and was seriously considering it--even have a set of the Deville center caps that fit them, for the Caddy look. I have them for sale now in the Classifieds section...in case you or anyone else potentially moving to SS wheels was interested.

The Ape Man
02-12-06, 09:32 AM
I have a set of those wheels in poor condition and was thinking about having them painted with the same stuff they paint 80's Mercedes factory rims with.
Maybe some custom center caps with a peace sign too.

caddycruiser
02-12-06, 09:49 AM
I have a set of those wheels in poor condition and was thinking about having them painted with the same stuff they paint 80's Mercedes factory rims with.
Maybe some custom center caps with a peace sign too.

Which wheels, SS's or Brougham's?

Bro-Ham
02-12-06, 11:25 AM
Hi,

Two years ago owned a 1976 Fleetwood Brougham and to make it more unique put on wheels from a 93-96 Fleetwood which I had chromed. Since only the Brougham wheels were optional in chrome from the factory, I wanted a one-of-a-kind look so used the standard Fleetwood lacy-spoke style wheel, which I sent out to have chromed, and bought the chrome center caps from a Cad dealer. The standard Fleetwood wheels are OK looking in standard silver but I felt they looked FABULOUS when done in chrome! I'll try to locate a picture and post it. For about $400 you can chrome your existing wheels. You simply need to buy the chrome center caps. The chrome may not be adhering very well on an original set of factory chrome wheels so getting your existing set chromed may be a better long term solution.

Good luck!

Dave

caddycruiser
02-12-06, 11:33 AM
Hi,

Two years ago owned a 1976 Fleetwood Brougham and to make it more unique put on wheels from a 93-96 Fleetwood which I had chromed. Since only the Brougham wheels were optional in chrome from the factory, I wanted a one-of-a-kind look so used the standard Fleetwood lacy-spoke style wheel, which I sent out to have chromed, and bought the chrome center caps from a Cad dealer. The standard Fleetwood wheels are OK looking in standard silver but I felt they looked FABULOUS when done in chrome! I'll try to locate a picture and post it. For about $400 you can chrome your existing wheels. You simply need to buy the chrome center caps. The chrome may not be adhering very well on an original set of factory chrome wheels so getting your existing set chromed may be a better long term solution.

Good luck!

Dave

Actually, I'm just going to buy a factory OEM set that's already chromed from the factory for quite a bit less than that (at least I plan on it), but thanks for the suggestion.

BUT, I do have something odd to say--if you noticed, the center cap I show in that picture is off of a chromed version, as is the other on the passenger side front. Couldn't figure it out, but I walked around the car the day after I bought it, and noticed the back 2 were had the matching machined edge, and the front 2 had chrome.

The Ape Man
02-12-06, 02:04 PM
Which wheels, SS's or Brougham's?

Broughams.