: The great equalizer - Men only

CVP33
02-11-06, 06:42 PM
As I quickly approach 40 I've learned that there are three equalizers amongst all men. Three things that affect nearly all of us. Three things that can take the manliest of men, the strongest of us all and turn us into little boys. Each of these things can strike fear into man when he least expects it.

Here's my list:

Kidney Stones
Vasectomy
Colonoscopy

And yes I've lived through them all. Thank god for pain killers and beer.

Jesda
02-11-06, 06:47 PM
Chick flicks. Oh the things we do for sex.

urbanski
02-11-06, 07:32 PM
hmm
dont forget prostate exams

c-scopes are gravy....you should be sedated nicely for them :)

oh and hey CVP...i found a puddle of stinky diff fluid on my floor today :(

Stoneage_Caddy
02-11-06, 08:13 PM
As I quickly approach 40 I've learned that there are three equalizers amongst all men. Three things that affect nearly all of us. Three things that can take the manliest of men, the strongest of us all and turn us into little boys. Each of these things can strike fear into man when he least expects it.

Here's my list:

Kidney Stones
Vasectomy
Colonoscopy

And yes I've lived through them all. Thank god for pain killers and beer.
no sir ...im not ready to read this sort of thing ....im still ****ed up from wisdom teeth removal ,,,,but ohh these pain killers are great

Sandy
02-11-06, 08:16 PM
1 Kidney Stones
2 Vasectomy
3 Colonoscopy

#1 I am not terribly afraid of
#2 I am not having
#3 I am petrified of. Dr. wants me to have it as a normal course
of routine good health care. A friend of mine died from complications
of having it. The person was fine & well up to the day it was done.

Boombotz
02-11-06, 08:17 PM
no sir ...im not ready to read this sort of thing ....im still ****ed up from wisdom teeth removal ,,,,but ohh these pain killers are great

Be very careful about smoking or sucking stuff threw a straw. You do not want to get dry sockets in your gums, I heard they are extremly painful.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-11-06, 08:20 PM
1 Kidney Stones
2 Vasectomy
3 Colonoscopy

#1 I am not terribly afraid of
#2 I am not having
colonoscopys have come a long way dude ....i saw on TV the other day they have a "pill" version ....you swallow the pill and the damn thing takes pictures dureing its whole journey to the poreclin godess , off loading its data to a disk in a belt you wear like a normal belt

it sure makes more sense , doesnt mess with the natural order of things , thats a one way street in there ....i dont care what any doctor or resient of san francisco says

Stoneage_Caddy
02-11-06, 08:21 PM
Be very careful about smoking or sucking stuff threw a straw. You do not want to get dry sockets in your gums, I heard they are extremly painful.

nope , i quit again ....

CIWS
02-11-06, 08:46 PM
Severe back pain can make you feel like you're 110.

(that sucks Urb)

Elvis
02-11-06, 09:19 PM
I refuse to climb above 12' on a ladder anymore, meaning that my REACH must not exceed 12', therefore my feet are no more than 4' off of the ground.

That's a privilege of passing 40. I have a good excuse now. No more rooftops or tree pruning.

JimHare
02-11-06, 09:20 PM
colonoscopys have come a long way dude ....i saw on TV the other day they have a "pill" version ....you swallow the pill and the damn thing takes pictures dureing its whole journey to the poreclin godess , off loading its data to a disk in a belt you wear like a normal belt

A PILL! Jeezus crimea nutley, my doctor wanted to send a police sketch artist up there!!! :crybaby: :eek: :want:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-11-06, 09:45 PM
lets hope for your sake gary coleman took up that after his first taste in law enforcement
http://www.dailyprobe.com/arcs/081903/coleman.jpg

Spyder
02-12-06, 01:37 AM
Oh no, that's just wrong!! HAHAHA!

Patrick7997
02-12-06, 03:05 PM
Yeah, the Prostate, that'll scare the bejeezuz outta you.....

I got 4 dry sockets when I had my wisdom teeth out.... that was NO FUN. Pain that the pain pills wouldn't touch.... I took 'em till I nearly passed out, the pain was still hammering my head...

And I just ran into a very painful thing: bifocals. That's an ego killer. I thought I was still a young buck......

Patrick7997
02-12-06, 03:09 PM
And of course, the capper.... someone I know just got a phone call from a teenage child he didn't know existed..... Yikes!!!

That's a phone call I do NOT need.....

Unfortunately, there were a few cases where.... well.... I was probably too drunk, and too desperate..... suffice it to say, the possibility does exist.

Think about THAT for a minute..... heh heh.

addison_ii
02-12-06, 03:29 PM
Try circumcision as an adult. Imagine that. :nono:

Florian
02-12-06, 07:25 PM
Circumcision for an adult...YIKES!!!

How do you circumcise a *West Virginian (*insert favorite state here)?
Kick his sister in the jaw...

F

Caveat: I LOVE W.Va. Wife went to school there....love it. Dont hate the playa!

F

Stoneage_Caddy
02-12-06, 07:38 PM
bwahahahahhahaa

Eric Kahn
02-12-06, 08:21 PM
I have had both back pain (recurring) and a kidney stone, Kidney stones are no fun whatsoever and demeral the pain killer is worthless on me

lost 6 weeks work on the first episode of back problems, there was no warning whatsoever, was getting dressed to go to work then laying on my bed in EXCRUTIATING pain, that was when I was given demeral at the hospital and it did absolutly nothing

SilverCTS
02-12-06, 09:36 PM
hmm
dont forget prostate exams

Yep.

I'm not sure what is worse. A prostate exam or an enlarged prostate?

BowenCT
02-13-06, 11:09 AM
1 Kidney Stones
2 Vasectomy
3 Colonoscopy

Sorry to hear about that.......care to share more of the story? I sell colonoscopes for a living, and I must say, this is a VERY safe procedure. I have heard about deaths from a severe reaction to the meds used for sedation, I have heard of patients being contaminated by scopes that were not properly dissenfected, and even perferation of the colon, but these are all extremely rare.........extremely.

As far as capsule imaging, where the patient just swallows a pill.....that is a long way out. And if they see something of interest, guess what, they go in with a scope to take a biopsy anyway.

But seriously, if a doctor recommends having a colonoscopy, for whatever reason, go do it. I have seen many instances of carcinoma, and zero instances of complications from the procedure itself.

davesdeville
02-14-06, 11:24 AM
I hope medical technology improves at a very rapid pace before I get to the point of having these problems...