: Better, brighter Hi Beams ??

B Duncan
02-11-06, 04:26 PM
Has anyone tried any of the various "better" high beam bulbs like GE Nighthawk, Sylvania SilverStar, Sylvania Cool Blue etc. I don't care much about color or trying to match the HID, I just want brighter Hi Beams. Test results are very rare and all the packages say they are better. Appreciate any real world brighter bulb input.

Rolex
02-11-06, 04:34 PM
I use the Sylvania Silverstar replacement bulbs in my 03 Escalade. The high beams are much brighter than whatever came from the factory. For me they are worth the cost.

Try a search to see what you come up with on factory headlight replacements. I know I've seen a few threads here before.

B Duncan
02-12-06, 12:29 PM
Thanks Rolex,
I did a search after I posted the question (should have done it first) and you are correct. Several owners indicated the SilverStars were a good improvement. The local Walmart has them for only a few bucks more than a pair of standard bulbs.

Rolex
02-12-06, 02:19 PM
Thanks Rolex,
I did a search after I posted the question (should have done it first) and you are correct. Several owners indicated the SilverStars were a good improvement. The local Walmart has them for only a few bucks more than a pair of standard bulbs.

Wal-Mart is the place I bought my lights as well. If you can, take some before and after pics. I wish I had taken pics of the factory lights before and the Silverstar lights after install to show the big difference. That would make a great review posted here on the forums. :yup: :yup:

slk230mb
02-12-06, 02:48 PM
Wal-Mart is the place I bought my lights as well. If you can, take some before and after pics. I wish I had taken pics of the factory lights before and the Silverstar lights after install to show the big difference. That would make a great review posted here on the forums. :yup: :yup:

I have some pics from mine, but they are kinda blurry. Do you want to see them anyway?

Edit - nevermind, I never labeled the pics and with the blurriness I can't make heads or tails of them.

hcvone
02-13-06, 08:38 AM
As said Sylvania SilverStar bulbs are whiter than the stock bulbs, no more wattage just a whiter light, they are a good replacement for stock, but no where close to HID in color or light output. :)