: Interior Leather

04CTSVFLA
02-11-06, 04:43 PM
Why is my interior leather and suede inserts deteriorating so quickly ie cracking etc... Would this be a warranty issue? I mean I do use my car everyday, but the leather shouldnt be doing what its doing. Do I address this to my dealer or will they laugh at me saying thats normal.

crowan
02-11-06, 05:08 PM
My guess is that if they have dealt with you before, they'll just laugh.:histeric:

DILLIGAF
02-11-06, 05:13 PM
Is the leather deterioting just on the driver seat?

04CTSVFLA
02-11-06, 05:32 PM
essentially yes, as thats the only seat that gets used freqeuntly.

benjet
02-11-06, 08:50 PM
My steering wheel did this already and was replaced under warranty NQA (No Questions Asked).

rand49er
02-11-06, 09:34 PM
My guess is that if they have dealt with you before, they'll just laugh.:histeric::yeah: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

2004ctsv
02-11-06, 09:41 PM
Damn that Mexican food

DaveBlk
02-19-06, 11:09 AM
Every 2 weeks soak good shop paper towels in mothers leather conditioner then lay them on your leather seating surfaces overnight. You will find the leather soft and feeling great. The overnight soaking gets right into the leather!!

CIWS
02-19-06, 11:59 AM
I've been using Mequiars Rich Leather Wipes (http://www.meguiars.com/?automotive-leather-care/Gold-Class-Rich-Leather-Wipes)to help keep the leather clean and conditioned. :)

BadCad
02-19-06, 06:35 PM
SOTP driving will cause this...

dannystang
02-20-06, 12:06 AM
Every 2 weeks soak good shop paper towels in mothers leather conditioner then lay them on your leather seating surfaces overnight. You will find the leather soft and feeling great. The overnight soaking gets right into the leather!!

Im almost tempted to try this, but I remember on my jaguar I left a moist papertowel in the backseat once and the leader FUSED to the damn thing...

it could NEVER get removed out...

But Im gonna try your technique anyhow :)

DaveBlk
02-20-06, 12:17 AM
Don't worry i've done this many times with many cars and it makes a real difference on the seats. my wife also does this about once a month with the house leather and it's worth a lot more than the V seats!!! Remember our sides of the seats are real leather as well as the fronts and headrests !! don't forget them. To bad the only surfaces on the escalade that are leather are the seat surfaces. IT just seems cheap for that kind of coin!!!!

ace996
02-20-06, 12:30 AM
Jarrett,
I've used Lexol on my motorcycle race-leathers for over 5 years and the pants, except for road-rash areas, look new. I take a washcloth, wet it good and wipe the leather down until very wet. Let it soak in. I've also heard some people using Palmers CocoaButter on their Vanson race-suits to good effect, as well. I've never done DaveBlk's method, though...
I have no clue as to what to do for the faux-suede inserts, that's new to me.
I'd bring it up with the dealer first, perhaps they'll replace the seat. If not, there's plenty of good leather products.
-ace

dannystang
02-20-06, 03:04 PM
OK I am going today to buy Leather Conditioner (Mothers) today now I am going to pep-boys (local car stuff place) should I buy.

1) Microfiber rags?

2) Regular rags (towels)

3) Shop towels (I assume these are papertowels?)

Just wanna make sure I get this right

ace996
02-20-06, 06:29 PM
Just get the "Box" of shop towels, that'll last a while...good luck.
-ace

Staxxin
02-20-06, 07:03 PM
I've been using Mequiars Rich Leather Wipes (http://www.meguiars.com/?automotive-leather-care/Gold-Class-Rich-Leather-Wipes)to help keep the leather clean and conditioned. :)

I tried them for the first time today and I was very impressed.

Joey'sVee
02-20-06, 07:06 PM
You should have to do no more than apply leather conditioner on it twice per year. Mine is craking too. I have used Zaino leather contitioner about 8 times in the last 10 months. Yes this is a warranty issue! Make them replace the seat!!!