: I HATE Missouri laws.

Jesda
02-11-06, 09:55 AM
I've owned this 1990 Maxima for two months, and I love it. Its relatively quick, nice to toss around, and sips lightly on gas. Today I went for an emissions test and passed with flying colors. I went to have the VIN checked (salvaged title) and that went fine. I went to have a safety inspection done and it FAILED.

Needs:
Exhaust gasket
Exhaust hangers
High pressure PS hose
Low pressure PS hose
Turn signal assembly (cracked).
High beams dont work, so that'll take who knows how much money in diagnostics and parts to fix.
Cross-threaded bolt on a lug nut is stuck.

Total: About $450.

I was originally offering it to a friend in town for $900. But now I have to subtract $400 for repairs. After he pays me $500, I can get it fixed, pass the inspection, get a title in my name, then transfer the title over to him. I'll basically be giving it away for free.

The other option is to register it in Washington (where I bought it) and act like I just moved back. I'd have to do an emissions test and do all the paperwork there using my dad's address, where I do live for 1/4th of the year. Problem is, I'd have to take it back every two years for emissions. The whole scheme would be illegal too.

OH WELL!

Meanwhile, I replaced the entire exhaust on the Bimmer, and its FREAKING SWEET. Silky smooth, eerily silent. It would be nice if it was just a bit louder, but for $350 including a new cat, resonator, and muffler, I'm happy.

airbalancer
02-11-06, 10:20 AM
Why be piss off at the law.
If your car needs repair get it repaired.
and stop bitch

FSU_Noles
02-11-06, 10:22 AM
Yes - Missouri, err.. Misery sucks. I lived there for 5 years on the KC side and I could not wait to escape.

Window tint laws SUCK.
Personal Property tax SUCKS.
Safety Inspections SUCK.

.... it all sucks... glad I moved and I have never looked back.

Jesda
02-11-06, 10:39 AM
I still like it here more than Washington though. :D

ewill3rd
02-11-06, 11:16 AM
I lived in Springfield for like 13 years.
Couldn't get out fast enough!
I used to be a safety inspector there.

I am sure it's all Missouri's fault and the manufacturer of the car has no responsibility in poorly designed components :D LOL

Seriously though... that does suck.
Good luck with it.

davesdeville
02-11-06, 12:17 PM
DIY and with as many junkyard parts that shouldn't be over $100. Except for the high beams, that could be a killer, or it could be a $2 switch...

Jesda
02-11-06, 12:18 PM
Why be piss off at the law.
If your car needs repair get it repaired.
and stop bitch

Did you just call me a bitch, or is your English just terrible? :rolleyes:

Kev
02-11-06, 01:32 PM
Did you just call me a bitch, or is your English just terrible? :rolleyes:Yes.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-06, 01:39 PM
Did you just call me a bitch, or is your English just terrible? :rolleyes:

I'm gonna go with terrible english.

ewill3rd
02-11-06, 03:36 PM
I think it was meant as a verb, not as a noun.
Also I think it's missing an "ing" at the end.

Although it's hard to tell, I think he's just saying.... well I am sure you know.

airbalancer
02-11-06, 04:14 PM
So I forgot the ing,
If I want hear bitching I will talk to my wife, so no more bitching

Jesda
02-11-06, 04:46 PM
So I forgot the ing, If I want hear bitching I will talk to my wife, so no more bitching

I'm sorry you married a nagging whore.

So yeah, Missouri laws are a pain. And I agree, the personal property taxes are just ridiculous. Still like it here though! But I may prefer Oregon.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-06, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry you married a nagging whore.

Oh.....Burn!!!!!

Jesda
02-11-06, 05:00 PM
Must be cabin fever. :)

http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/acatalog/ZAP71.JPG