: Does the "V" have battery run down protection?

austin
02-10-06, 10:05 PM
I thought i read somewhere that it did?

homer403
02-10-06, 10:18 PM
Funny you bring this up... last night I decided to reprogram my new radio (old one had the "flaking" problem)... and while I was setting the XM channels, I get some kind of warning :eek: that it is going into battery safe mode... and guess what happened :thehand: everything went blank after the message and car wouldn't start :crying: ... called cadiallc assist... took the 2 hours to come jump start me. So much for the run down protection :want:

austin
02-10-06, 10:28 PM
I take this as a "YES" it has something like that, but "NO" it does not work right.

-GM-

:lies:

heavymetals
02-10-06, 10:53 PM
It sure does!

You are almost guaranteed not to have an electrical fire if the battery goes dead!
:rolleyes:

ewill3rd
02-10-06, 11:09 PM
It has all kinds of things to try to prevent the battery from going dead or taxing the charging system too much.
Sadly if the battery is failing it won't do you much good.

What kind of protection are you talking about?
If you do things like leave your lights turned on or your dome lights on it will automatically turn those off.
If you leave the key on it will drain the battery to nothing.

austin
02-10-06, 11:30 PM
>What kind of protection are you talking about?

The kind like the ones they sell.... The battery disconnects when it gets just to the lowest point where it can provide a start. You have to hit the brake pedal or a switch to bring the battery back on line... Some cars you just put the key in.

V-Love
02-11-06, 02:51 AM
When I leave my V for 5 days without starting her, the battery is dead. I thought she was just mad at me. I better bring it in for some service.

ewill3rd
02-11-06, 08:46 AM
No GM doesn't install anything like that.
It has lots of electronics to get rid of loads but it won't disconnect the car from the battery.

DaveBlk
02-11-06, 11:31 AM
It sure does have rundown protection!! Use it to your advantage!!! I installed my radar detector under the passenger sunvisor and wired it to the electical line going to the passenger visor vanity mirror . you just leave the detector on and the power to it will be shut off 10 minutes after you pull the keys from the ignition and exit the vehicle . When you open the door to get in later the detector will come back on !!!!! Who needs a battery powered radar !! This is almost as good:D