: First Day with new 06 V

4DOORVET
02-10-06, 09:52 PM
First of all glad to be on here, but... Aaaaaghhhh!
I just brought my V home yesterday after trading in my 03 supercharged G35 with 389rwhp, which I loved. After going to lunch today in the snow, I noticed a wet spot on the cloth area between the windshield and driver side window. It was in the area of the airbag logo. I thought it was nothing, maybe some snow got in when I opened the door. It was getting to me at work. So 2 hours later I went to check it and now it got 5 times larger???? A leak in my car? Was it made on a Friday? I called the dealer and of course he said I never heard of that before.... but we will take a look at it on Monday. By the time I got home the enitre panel was wet. I took the panel off, unhooked the Bose speaker and let it dry off. Snow was melting and I think, coming in through the windshield. So my frst day with my new V wasn't the best.....

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Staxxin
02-10-06, 09:58 PM
Sorry to hear that! I haven't experienced or heard of this trouble. It sounds like a defect from the factory.

CIWS
02-10-06, 10:19 PM
If you've got a leak going on that would suck, fortunately that shouldn't take much / long to solve. Other than that, how's the car running and driving for you ?

Davesvee
02-10-06, 10:26 PM
Good to have you here! Got my 06 in dec and loving it. Sorry bout the issue and sure it is easy fix for the dealer. This car is incredible to drive and hope you have as much fun as i have had so far.

rand49er
02-10-06, 10:31 PM
Welcome! Sorry 'bout this "glitch" on your first day. So, do you think you're going to get back to 389 RWHP with your V? Well, you've come to the right place.:thumbsup:

Florian
02-11-06, 12:25 AM
had the same 'glitch' on my 04V...replaced headliner and resealed front windshield under wty

F

NIK
02-13-06, 11:43 AM
Nobody asked the obvious - how did it handle in the snow? Does it have the F-1's or the RSA all-season tires?

CIWS
02-13-06, 12:41 PM
Last I had seen on the 06s, they were no longer coming with F1s. So I would assume they were RSAs, but of course don't know for sure. I had also heard since they were putting RSAs on the car and they are only V rated the max speed in the PCM was being set to 150 vs 163. But again our forum members who are actually Cadi techs could better address that.

02-13-06, 01:12 PM
For curiosity, do you have a sunroof? Anyone know if there is a drain tube from the sunroof channels down along the pillar? (I think that is the "A" pillar?)

An old Mazda Navajo of mine had such drains, but that was a removable manual s/r, not a power one.....

4DOORVET
02-24-06, 07:58 PM
Well they fixed the problem. They replaced the windshield and now no leaks.... I also made them throw a set of CTS winter floor mats in for free. At least I got something out of it.
It did come with F1..... but I had to buy run flat Dunlap snows. I was disappointed that they didn't advise me that I would need the snows. They work well in the snow.
They traction control system doesn't seem to work as well as in my G35 and BMW 330. The V seems to let me slide out more and doesn't cut the power as much.

CIWS
02-25-06, 09:42 AM
Well it's good to hear you got your problem fixed, don't feel lonely though I've already had my front windshield replaced by the dealership although it was for a different reason. Thank goodness you got off the F1s in that kind of weather. They're not even good for a lot of water on the roads much less snow. Plus I think almost any traction control system is going to have a difficult time holding 400 horses and almost 400 torques with rear wheel drive steady in a slick enviroment.

CarToys
02-25-06, 10:08 AM
They traction control system doesn't seem to work as well as in my G35 and BMW 330. The V seems to let me slide out more and doesn't cut the power as much.

For me this is a plus. Most TC systems are WAY too nanny-like... including the V6 CTS.

urbanski
02-25-06, 11:16 AM
its not that it doesn't work
it lets you get away with more
that's how it is.

CVP33
02-25-06, 01:13 PM
its not that it doesn't work
it lets you get away with more
that's how it is.

And that's a GOOD thing. :thumbsup:

urbanski
02-25-06, 03:04 PM
And that's a GOOD thing. :thumbsup:
unless you hit something hard

twice

ILoveMyV
02-25-06, 03:54 PM
Last I had seen on the 06s, they were no longer coming with F1s. So I would assume they were RSAs, but of course don't know for sure. I had also heard since they were putting RSAs on the car and they are only V rated the max speed in the PCM was being set to 150 vs 163. But again our forum members who are actually Cadi techs could better address that.

My 06 V is governed at 150mph. It also came factory with the fun flat tires which are Z rated.

CIWS
02-25-06, 04:08 PM
Which tires came on your V that are Z rated ?

CVP33
02-25-06, 04:17 PM
unless you hit something hard

twice

And that's a bad thing.

ctsvett
02-25-06, 05:10 PM
there is an article somewhere on the faq about how a mag tested TC systems and found that stabilitrak was the best as far as letting you get out there but still keeping you from crashing (sorry urby, not 100% I guess)...

They took a bunch of cars out to the snow to test... Search the faq.

Reed

4DOORVET
02-25-06, 08:33 PM
The TC issue was only an observation. It is more fun getting away with more.
I have question about tracking my V and a date set to track it on the East coast at Watkins Glen. Which setting should I leave the TC & Stabilitrak on? Comp mode or both off? Anyone up for a Track day at the Glen? May 8-9 with PDA.. I am signed up. Contact me if interested... Jeff

Rich H
02-25-06, 08:43 PM
Yes, I posted this article a while back. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/32034-cadillac-traction-control-superior.html?highlight=Steamboat

It was a test at Steamboat comparing the stabilitrack of Cadillac against several other manufacturers. The Cadillac system was least imposing but caught you before you got in too much trouble. You definitely need this with the RSAs in snow which I'm running now.

Just saw the Cadillac commercial of the STS and SRX just missing each other on a 2 lane snow packed road where they are touting the stabilitrack.