: Cadillac owner average age....

1toycad
01-01-04, 10:34 AM
Not sure how to do a "poll" but I am interested in finding out the average age of most Caddillac owners.

From reading the posts in this board, it would seem that this is a very young crowd. (Maybe that's because the Net attracts younger users). Yet, whenever I am driving I see that most Caddy owners appear to be AARP members, ready for their next Geritol hit.

I even see older people gehind the wheel of STS's and DTS's.

Another obeservation I have made is that most CTS drivers (at least in my area) happen to be females.

So, how old are all of oyu?

And, do you get grief because Caddies are "supposed" to be cars for old geezers?:lildevil:

AKPsiMC03
01-01-04, 04:40 PM
for the seville and eldorado its about 52... for the deville it around 60.

I dont know about the CTS, but id imagine that is around 45.

DeVillish
01-01-04, 05:44 PM
iam 19 and i got alot of "old mans car" stuff from people at school. I always just laugh becuase 9 outa 10 times my car was faster, nicer and more comfertable.

DaveSmed
01-01-04, 06:24 PM
16 (first car) and I do get the slow old mans car stuff too. That usually stops as soon as they get a ride. One of my friends was shopping for a car, and he was getting that too, with his 307 Olds G-body. I talked him into taking a 92 Deville out even though he didn't want a Caddy because the Olds was slow enough. His tune changed when, used to driving the slow Olds, he managed to do a fairly nice burnout right in front of the salesman and the manager.

davesdeville
01-01-04, 09:56 PM
I'm 16. I got "that things a pimpmobile man" much more than "thats an old person car, man." So it works out.

Night Wolf
01-01-04, 10:34 PM
<--- 16

go from "old mans car" to "wow, that is actually pretty fast" as soon as they see me lite up the tires form a stop and beat their little 4banger....

.... I also drive a 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight winter car...3800 V6, but it too is an old mans car..... but still has the power to put the rice boys in their place.....

PhillyCaddy
01-02-04, 01:03 AM
Im 30 and i dont see my caddy as a old mans car but a luxery sports car. I bought my first caddy almost 5 years ago and now I am on my 4th caddy and I love it. All my friends say I should have bought a ricer. ha ha ok
Ill stay with my caddy and leave the ricers in the rear view. 94sls

Spock
01-02-04, 05:46 AM
I'm 19 and the reason I'm driving the Cadillac because fortune smiled upon me and there was a lady across the street willing to get rid of hers. Looked like it was parked there for a while and I needed a car; so the universe naturally looking for balance led me there!

Looking for an older car was on my agenda in the first place, but this one being so close instead of me having to drive around was really a God send. Of course it needed immediate care, like brakes, 3rd brake light was interferring with all the electrical systems (crossed wires), and of course general maintenance it has serves well.

No burn outs for me though, although I get a lot of "pimp" remarks. I don't want them; I think a Cadillac is stylish, and since I drive one you do it with elegance and show everyone how cars should be driven. It's like if you see a cop car doing illegal turns; a Cadillac drivers must have super etiquitte and show what it means to drive. The one thing I must keep in mind, to be humble and count my blessings. It's a great car, and I thank God for giving it to me that I may enjoy.

patfarrell
01-02-04, 12:53 PM
I am 22 bought my 98 ETC when I was 19. My dad is 56 and just got a white 01 ETC.

T-Dizzy
01-02-04, 01:15 PM
28 and my '03 EXT is my first Cadillac. I have to agree with Spock in that even with power, speed, torque as a Caddy afficionado you, by default, temper it with style, grace, and form - regardless of age.

My Escalade has 550hp, but I don't screw around with it. As such, I do believe there is an unspoken respect for the cars and their owners/drivers. I sold my '92 GMC Sierra Z71 to get the EXT, and I would get pulled over just doing the speed limit - now I can cruise (responsibly) past a trooper at 10-15 over the limit and not even sweat it, as we (collectively) have a reputation for being responsible, capable, and considerate drivers.

Hope this letter is finding everyone enjoying a happy 2004!

T

tru504187211
01-02-04, 01:20 PM
I heard somewhere that the Fleetwood owner average age is about 69. I drive a FWD Fleetwood and I am only 21. The responses I usually get revolve around "wow", "your a pimp", or "its very clean". Most of the reviews from others are compliments, where some think Cadillacs are only for the elderly or rappers. I wanted a Caddy because its name recognition, its power, its history, and of course its style and grace. Everywhere I go, people look. Whether I'm downtown with my lady or in the 'hood' with my guys, I get the stares. Everyday when I pull up to work, I can see people staring- mostly out of respect because they know what Cadillac is symbolic of.

tru504187211
01-02-04, 01:23 PM
One nugget of information that I neglected to mention is that my Caddy is not respected by most cops. I've been pulled over for them just to ask if it is my car, I guess I just look suspicious. First time this happened was on a Sunday morning while I was wearing a polo shirt on my way to work. No respect for Caddies in my area from the 'one-time'.

Smokey
01-03-04, 09:50 AM
I am 51 and yes ... I am an AARP member. :) 2000 Deville

Sandy
01-03-04, 11:05 AM
Damn Smokey - WHY did I think you were in your Mid-20s ???????? You are only 6 years younger than I. :welcome: to the nifty fifties! Morning aches & pains, 4AM bathroom jaunts and menopausal wives! Whoopie :bouncy:

German_472
01-03-04, 11:21 AM
Hi, just to throw in my age. I am 26 and the Cadillac is my third Caddy, started with a 84 Coupe Deville in College (soooo long ago), moved over to a 91 RWD Brougham that got stolen in Phoenix and now on the 74 CD.

Greetings,
Andreas

Ralph
01-03-04, 11:16 PM
I think it was MSN AUTOS that stated theaverage Cadillac buyer is 67 years old. New ones, I see older drivers, older Caddies I see younger drivers.

36 going on 20.

darrelld
01-04-04, 12:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

At 48 this is my first Cadillac. I traded a Mustang GT in for my 04 1SC CTS. Before the Caddy I owned sports cars and trucks.

I get the same Old Man comments from my friends too. I think their just jealous, most of them drive BMW and Benz.

skaha
01-04-04, 07:33 PM
I am 32. Don't get any old man comments... only pimp and drug dealer cracks. mostly compliments though.... LOL

Scrapyard
01-04-04, 07:48 PM
I'm 22. This is my fourth caddy since I was 17. I got the old man senario from some dip shit rice boys in high school, but these cars are a testamnet to classic style so the coments are far and few between. Plus they just suite my personality a lot better then a sports car ever would.

darrelld
01-04-04, 10:49 PM
I am 32. Don't get any old man comments... only pimp and drug dealer cracks. mostly compliments though.... LOL

You know its funny you mention that, because the same guys make the pimp and drug dealer comments too. I told them you can't have it both ways so make up your mind.

And lets not don't forget the mafia stereotype, I work for an Italian family that runs a legitimate business.

1toycad
01-06-04, 12:23 AM
Thank you all for taking the time to reply....

I'm 47, but I've owned Caddies (and Benzes) since I was in my 20's. I like big, fast, luxurious sedans. I now see younger and younger people driving Caddies...newer Caddies at that. Hope the trend continues. :D

JJhomer83
01-06-04, 12:36 AM
21 ELDO,
I get nice car old man, or a new one jew canoe (sorry religous guys) I am a corp business man so i get a lot of good complimates from my clinets they mainly laugh though gotta loosen the minds before you loosen the wallet.

Fritzi
01-06-04, 04:28 PM
just turned 20 - but owned a cadi since i was 15

509Rider
01-07-04, 02:49 AM
I am 25 i am on my fifth cad, I think they make the best lowriders and sport sedans, thats whey I have my bigbody and my 98 sts.

banstyle
01-07-04, 06:26 AM
23 here.

Love my STS, and the only thing people tell me is that it's a mafia car.
pfft. Some people's children. :histeric:

CadillacJenny
01-07-04, 09:48 AM
I'm 33 and this is my second Caddy. First Caddy was a 96 STS. Now I drive a 2004 EXT.

Only my husband calls it a "pimp-mobile". Actually he thinks I should get "BLING" on the license plate. Ummmm, no.

I like that more and more young people are driving Caddys. It's just a more classy ride than a "ricer"...

Just my $0.02.

CadillacJenny

1toycad
01-07-04, 04:00 PM
Talking about MM (Mafia Mobile). Yesterday I was looking around the center console in my 1999 SLS. There are two removable trays inside the console. I had never bothered to remove them, but yesterday I did (I am going to add a CD changer and I was looking for the wires in the console).

After removing the trays I noticed that there is, underneath the two removable trays, a bottom, "secret" compartment with a closing lid. I guess that's where us "mafia-Caddy" types can hide drugs and weapons....:lildevil:

Hey...just in case any Feds are reading this...I am just kidding, honestly....:worship:

JJhomer83
01-07-04, 04:34 PM
After removing the trays I noticed that there is, underneath the two removable trays, a bottom, "secret" compartment with a closing lid. I guess that's where us "mafia-Caddy" types can hide drugs and weapons....:lildevil:

Hey...just in case any Feds are reading this...I am just kidding, honestly....:worship:

that is where i keep my stash in my eldo :bighead:

bharner
01-07-04, 05:08 PM
yeah tha pass thru to tha trunk is a nice "Mafia" feature.

STS_spinnin
01-07-04, 06:25 PM
20, bought it when I was 19

Scrapyard
01-07-04, 07:11 PM
that is where i keep my stash in my eldo :bighead:

You put your weed in there, man! :histeric: . Sorry, another useless movie flashback :D

Goodyr
01-07-04, 09:58 PM
Hi, Iím new to this forum. Iím 65 and Iíve been driving caddyís for 20 years. We lease every three years. My first was a 1984 Eldorado Barittz. Iíve had four Sevilles and a few Devilles. Just sold a 1989 Sedan Deville, it got to be a bad habit putting money in it. I just got the 1994 SLS. I am partial to Sevilles and my wife likes the Devilles. I donít get any comments because people know I donít give a ratís ass what they say. I don't do AARP.

JJhomer83
01-08-04, 12:26 AM
You put your weed in there, man! :histeric: . Sorry, another useless movie flashback :D

I keep my dugout in there that also is part of a flask with 6 oz of vodka never know when a party is starting

Martialartsguy
10-01-04, 04:41 PM
i am 25, and love the big car, ( Deville ) but its much more better if your Deville is pimped out. Its not for 60 year olds any more.

slk230mb
10-01-04, 05:16 PM
When I started to drive I was fortunate enough to have a 2000 Deville, b/c my grandma couldn't drive anymore (my dad paid the lease anyway, so I'm sure it was gonna be mine :rolleyes: ) . At school only a few apperciated it before I took them for a drive. Needless to say they were impressed with the Northstar and its ability to get to 100 pretty damn quick... :lildevil: . My gearhead friends almost sh*t his pants when my Deville destroyed his 1992 Caprice. As for the Escalade that I drive now, I get a few looks from people when they see someone so young driving one, but it's much less than when I had the Deville. And lately I have been missing the Deville... :crying: ... just gonna have to wait till 2007 before I can change...damn college.

Night Wolf
10-01-04, 09:39 PM
SLK..... I was just wondering... you are 19, how did you afford the Escalade?

slk230mb
10-01-04, 10:22 PM
Fair question, I'll give you the short version. I had the Deville, lease went up, car went back. I was graduating high school, parents wanted to get me a truck b/c I had decided on Binghamton as my college. They told me to name a few, I said Tahoe and Yukon. One of my dad's friends businesses is finding cars at auction, so he went looking. Unbeknownst to me my dad told him to scrap the Tahoe/Yukon and look for an Escalade. He calls me up and says he found a White, Red, and Black Escalade. I ask what white, he says Aspen. I say drive it home. So he takes it home on credit, we check it out, and I fall in love. My dad writes the auction company a check. Before we take ownership we got 2 tires, a new rear seat belt and an alignment. Now before you all go making assumptions, like I would if I was reading this, my dads business had just gotten out of an ugly bankruptcy settlement, where he sold all of his buildings and needed to spend some money to avoid the tax hit. Some went into another investment with his friend, he paid off his suburban and I got the Escalade. Another reason for my car being the Escalade was so that he could show all the people that didn't think he was gonna make it out of Bankruptcy, myself included, that he did. His words, "I just bought my son a Cadillac Escalade, F**K YOU." Now considering all this, I pay for gas and maintenance, and give $200 a month for insurance.

Night Wolf
10-02-04, 01:41 AM
oh.... must be nice getting to drive around in the new Escalade though :)..... now it needs a nice big brush guard and some bigger tires :D (what I would hoenstly do if I had one)

Binghamton is about an hour from me... I think....I live in the Mid-Hudson Valley....

slk230mb
10-02-04, 01:56 AM
New, not so much, got it with 41,xxx now has 62,2xx. No brush guard, someone by house has one and I don't care for the look. Just waiting to save up for a supercharger, tranny upgrade, intake, and exhaust, and a re-tune :devil:. But ohhh visions of grandeure (sp?).

Fred Fachman
10-02-04, 04:57 AM
Will be 41 next week and was raised on Cadillacs. My Dad purchased his first in 1958, 5 years prior to my birth. It was a '56 sedan and he was considered young for a Cadillac at the time at 29 years of age. I did'nt get the Cadillac bug till Dad gave me his '70 Sedan Deville(aqua) to drive to school in 1978. My friends made fun of me till we raced. No longer did I park in the back row in the school parking lot. Between my Dad and I, we have had 30 some Cadillacs. Don't have a favorite as all were my favorite. As much as I love my Northstar, the 472/500's were the reason I stayed with the marque to this day. I have converted 2 of my friends and my wife won't even consider any other brand. My 14 year old daughter gets to drive my '95 STS to school with the recent purchase of a '99 Escalade and she couldn't be prouder.

SupaFly
10-02-04, 10:38 AM
I'll be 25 Tuesday. My parents always had Cadillacs. But one year my father bought a LandCruiser. He dozed off on the Thruway and the truck flipped over. After that, he bought a Fleetwood and will never buy another type of car again.

Sandy
10-02-04, 10:47 AM
I'm 57. I bought my first Caddy at age 26. During the 31 years in between I've owned 3 brands of cars : Imperials (5); Lincolns (3) and Cadillacs (3). 11 cars in 31 years, or an average of 1 every 3 years. I will not buy foreign cars, especially Asian or German. Might buy a Volvo or Saab or Jaguar, but prefer Domestic.

DopeStar 156
10-02-04, 02:04 PM
I've liked these cars ever since I was a youngin'. My friends all respect the Caddy though. In school people used to give me the hydro signal to bounce my hydroless car haha. I'm 18 and so far I've owned one Caddy. My girlfriend's 19 and she's on number 2.

Adam
10-02-04, 10:15 PM
i too am 19 and i love my Caddy. wasnt always as big a Cadillac fan as i am now but no one really is until they drive one. grew up on Chevys though. dad worked for GM and used to own a 85 FWB. sold it in 91 to a friend of his. my Grandma owned an 89 FWB, sold it to my aunt before she moved down here in 2001. only had 23,XXX miles on it. wish she would have give it to me. my great grandma owns a 1923 Cadillac Phaeton V16 (i think). it is nice (i do believe it is my inheritance.)

RBraczyk
10-02-04, 10:24 PM
Got er at 16 from my late grandfather. And now im seventeen going on 40. Unless im in my truck, then im 17 going on two. My friend who owns a ram and i go out to the double lane road near our house and scare the crap out of people. But this blazer corners like the caddy never did.

Ralph
10-02-04, 11:48 PM
And now im seventeen going on 40.

That's funny because I'm 37 going on 17, well, I don't feel a day older than 27, but I look 30. :yup: :cookoo:

majax
10-02-04, 11:49 PM
i too am 19 and i love my Caddy. wasnt always as big a Cadillac fan as i am now but no one really is until they drive one. grew up on Chevys though. dad worked for GM and used to own a 85 FWB. sold it in 91 to a friend of his. my Grandma owned an 89 FWB, sold it to my aunt before she moved down here in 2001. only had 23,XXX miles on it. wish she would have give it to me. my great grandma owns a 1923 Cadillac Phaeton V16 (i think). it is nice (i do believe it is my inheritance.)

There are only 6 Pheaton V16s that are know to exist to this day.

Adam
10-03-04, 12:23 AM
i think its a Phaeton (i could be wrong) my grandfather said it was. ive never seen it, it is in Colorado. he couldve been mistaken but it is a 1932. that much i know for sure.

Night Wolf
10-03-04, 01:04 AM
that is one classic and rare car.... something I always wanted, but will most likly never get is a '30's V16 Cad...... other 2 cars I want, that are more likely... '55 Coupe DeVille and '59 Eldorado convertable...

... you had the mid 90's DeVille... hit a tree or something, right? whatever happened with that?

majax
10-03-04, 01:13 AM
If its the V16 Phaeton it's well worth several thousand, AND I MEAN SEVERAL.

windows1001
10-03-04, 10:26 PM
I will be turning 50 tomorrow and i bought my first caddy last week, i said it was a birthday present to myself so i could start acting my age. but i won't be giving up the dirt bikes, the street bikes or the quad just yet. It is a beautiful 1996 deville with 59,000 miles in perfect condition.

ShadowLvr400
10-03-04, 11:11 PM
21 driving a 96 Fleetwood. Am I a statistical anomoly or what? :P

an01sts
10-20-04, 02:15 AM
46 years old, and I had a new 99 STS that I traded for a new 01 STS. I fell in love with the Seville when I was a Cadillac tech back in the late 80's early 90's. During that time, I held a dual tech status and was also a Lexus tech.

I drove all the Caddilacs and all the Lexuses extensivly. The LS 400 was supposed to be better than the Cadillac. I perfer the Seville over the Deville, and even the Eldo and the Alanite. Hey, Ima a 2D kinda' guy. I pefered my 69 Friebird--a car I still have--over the Allantie because my old Firebirs a much better car, in construction, handeling and performance. The only thing that I perfered about the Allanite was working on them because I could kick the crap out of GM's warrenty rate.

The Cimmeron notwithstanding--because it wasn't a Cadillac--I listed my choice Cadillacs in order. I belive my judgment is unbiased because I based my decision purely on overall roadworthyness/and/or the personal choice of how cars handle.

Lots of techs loved the LS 400. I did Lexus repairs in the Caddilac service area, but I'm sure that I wasn't popular with the Lexus techs who loved the Lexus. I don't know how may people recall the cars, and I don't know if they even make/import them. The owner of the Cadillac/Lexus dealerships also sold an Eglish car called a Sterling. I hope that Sterling owners don't take offense, but you had to have sfb to buy one of these cars, and none in the shop liked them. The thing is that if I had to pick between the LS 400 and the Sterling, Ida taken the Sterling.

tribal_guy4
10-20-04, 02:23 PM
Hey, I'm 22 and now have my second caddy. I have a 91 Eldorado that I got when I was 18 for $4,000 with 72,000 miles on it. A couple of months ago, I managed to procure a '76 eldorado hardtop for free from my father in law just to get it out of his yard. It is now 2/3 painted and the interior restore is finished! You can never be too young to own a caddy :D

NIK
10-29-04, 01:12 PM
65 and getting younger - and AARP member. 2005 CTS-V (yep, that's right!) and a '99 De Ville. I wanted luxury and performance (CTS-V) and the De Ville keeps the wife happy so that she let me buy the "V"!

majax
10-29-04, 10:02 PM
15 goin on 16

jhmonty
01-06-05, 12:23 AM
59...AARP member...'97 Seville SLS :want: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=21#
Want Some?

deville92ad
01-06-05, 01:12 AM
I'm 22 and i bought my 92 deville for 800 bucks of course there were other cars but its a caddy. I do get teased by relatives for driving a caddy, but thats cause ive got a pretty loud sound system in it. And with the two 12's in back it rides a little lower with the air struts in back. It use two be white but it's now black, and new tranny at 170,000. But I love it its big its fast and its my caddy.
Engine runs great, and i will probably have it for another 150,00 miles at 200,000 :suspect:

SilverFleetwood85
01-07-05, 02:57 AM
I don't know if this was discussed before but, how come the general public always thinks cadillacs are for old people (70+)? I just don't understand, I see elderly people driving cars made by Lexus, Mercedes, Toyota, and just about every other brand but mention the name Cadillac and most people think "old person's car"

CoupeDevilleRob
01-07-05, 05:07 PM
I'm 20 and have been driving my Coupe Deville since I got my license at 17.

As for the "old person car" sterotype, I think it took hold in the 80's when beating up on Caddy was fashionable. Cadillac always had a following of young people, it just became stigmatized to the point that no one wanted to admit it. Thank god that is changing.

RERM
01-18-05, 12:34 AM
I'm 31, the 2001 STS is my first Caddy. I LOVE IT!!!.

P.S. I WANT AN STS-V!!!

Breakdancin11
01-22-05, 03:44 PM
Im 18 and have a 1993 Sedan Deville

-Jp

lacmang
01-25-05, 09:38 PM
I'm 22 and drive a 93 Fleetwood Brougham, nobody in my circle calls it a old man car, they all end up saying they want one, and then I tell them to get off my dick.

Fritzi
01-25-05, 11:05 PM
^------- 21

evilrussian
01-25-05, 11:41 PM
26, had my Caddy since I was 17, my first car :)

jarisj
09-17-05, 11:53 AM
19 here.

mccombie_5
09-17-05, 04:59 PM
Im 48 but i was 42 when i owned my first caddy and i firsdt drove one at 20

Mark H. Gutman
09-17-05, 05:15 PM
I just joined and am 65.
markandlorenegutman@comcast.net

Not sure how to do a "poll" but I am interested in finding out the average age of most Caddillac owners.

From reading the posts in this board, it would seem that this is a very young crowd. (Maybe that's because the Net attracts younger users). Yet, whenever I am driving I see that most Caddy owners appear to be AARP members, ready for their next Geritol hit.

I even see older people gehind the wheel of STS's and DTS's.

Another obeservation I have made is that most CTS drivers (at least in my area) happen to be females.

So, how old are all of oyu?

And, do you get grief because Caddies are "supposed" to be cars for old geezers?:lildevil:

Sandy
09-17-05, 05:34 PM
I'm 58 and have been driving Imperials. Lincolns & Cadillacs exclusively, since 1972,when I was 26. Old Geezer? I don't think so. No wrinkles, No Buldges under the eyes, full head of dark brown hair and only wear eyeglasses for reading the phone book. "Old" starts at 72, IMO. "Geezer" starts at 82.

addison_ii
09-17-05, 08:02 PM
24 here. Bought first Caddy at 21, 2nd at 22, and 3rd at 23. Will buy another at 24. I guess it's a trend. Buy a caddy every year. works for me. Anyone else agree.

lacmang
09-18-05, 06:30 PM
I'm 58 and have been driving Imperials. Lincolns & Cadillacs exclusively, since 1972,when I was 26. Old Geezer? I don't think so. No wrinkles, No Buldges under the eyes, full head of dark brown hair and only wear eyeglasses for reading the phone book. "Old" starts at 72, IMO. "Geezer" starts at 82.

Yeah I hate how people act like age is something to be ashamed of. I know people of all ages that love Cadillacs. I think talking to people who remember when the best cars ever made (late 50's-early70's) were brand new is fascinating.

Sandy
09-18-05, 08:36 PM
When I hit 64 years of age (notice that I didn't say 64 years OLD ) ~ I am buying me a new 'Vette!! I will then be responcible enough to know how to handle it, not like so many of these "youngins' that wrap 'em 'round trees, because they think it only happens to the OTHER guy and they are infalable!!

LaneWvr
09-19-05, 02:47 AM
I'm 24 and get people saying more stuff about it being a pimpmobile, no old man stuff.

MWA
09-21-05, 01:35 AM
56 and have only owned Accords, CRX/s, del Sols and Mr. Honda never made my ass smile like my 98 Eldorado......there ain't nothing like North* power and Cadillac luxury! Age is a state of mind and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
As my grandfather used to say: "beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone".

Epik Liphe
09-21-05, 10:05 AM
ill be 18 when i pick up my 86 deville in 2-3weeks

whiskey_moodz
09-21-05, 10:30 AM
29.. I have owned 2 Cadillacs in my time.. both Sevilles. an SLS.. and my current one my 94 STS... Wish I had of saved a little bit more money and found me a 2000 DTS.. maybe next year....

SpeedyArizona
09-21-05, 11:57 PM
Currently 25, and I owned my first Cadillac when I was 14 from my parents,I LOVED that old 1990 Eldorado Convertible!

Polski Polak
09-26-05, 01:22 PM
I'm 16 i have a 1996 seville SLS and i love her she is my first car and couldnt be happy with my choice

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-28-05, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm 28 and my 2000 STS is my first Caddy.

My mates cautiously suggested it was an old mans car (they've learnt to be careful about commenting on cars they don't know anything about, ie american ones, after my IROC whipped their turbo'd 4cyls.) and when I showed it them and all the gadgets and the comfy rides they started to make funny comments about the fact it's just a big old mans luxury barge.

Side by side on a 3 lane road we all nailed it and I pulled away.
When we got to Krispy Kreme's they walked over with their eyes wide open wondering if the engine was standard! lol!!!

When I told them what I paid for it they almost cried...

CaddyLifer
12-04-05, 01:20 AM
I'm 42, and I got my first Cadillac in '77 when I got my learners permit (it was a HOT '72 Eldo convertible) and I didn't catch any of the "old man" garbage, it was more like the "I wish my Mom & Dad were rich enough to buy me a Cadillac" garbage. I guess it was a different generation....

CateraZigs
07-23-07, 02:29 PM
Im 19, and have never gotten any "old man's car" comments. I keep mine extremely clean, wash it every week, clean it out and clean interior about every 2 weeks. My friends all love it, they dont know the truth about Cateras, but almost everyone I know has wanted a ride. Ive gotten "nice car" "do they still make those?" "that car is pimp" from both young and older people.

prs1989
08-04-07, 10:52 PM
I just turned 18 and I always got the "pimp comments" on my '78 Fleetwood. Especially at school cause everyone else pretty much drove little hondas and toyotas. My friends all like the Cadi cause of the comfy velour seats and 8-track player.

BigJon
08-15-07, 12:42 PM
i am 18 going on 19 in oct... and i own a 1996 el do everyone loves the car i get respect for being so young and owning a nice car...

Submariner409
08-15-07, 07:57 PM
:alchi:67, pushing 68 with a short stick. 25 years Navy sub service, 11 years research ship skipper, run my own marine engine/transmission repair shop. Build custom Olds 455 boat engines. Started with MG in '55 and have been fortunate enough to own some pretty exotic muscle cars over the years. Still tinker with the '02 STS and run up to fuel cutoff (132) occasionally. Never stop learning.........

xeper
08-22-07, 04:27 PM
I'm 28 and I've gotten so many "how the hell can you afford THAT?"s it's ridiculous. Truth be told, it was only $1000 more than my last piece of shit Ford.

It's amazing what you get do and have when you pull your mind out of the "I can't afford that" mode and shift into the "I deserve that because I work hard" mode.

Jim C
12-23-07, 09:54 PM
I'm 37, and have been a Cadillac owner for 21 years now.

It's got nothing to do with my age; it's what I love.

http://imageanon.com/static/10537fca73391bce28f7621b687ca396.gif

ejguillot
12-24-07, 12:59 PM
I'm going to post this question to stir up a little debate... :stirpot:

Who has the higher average age, Cadillac or Lexus?

FYI: In Car and Driver's Lexus IS-F review, according to Lexus the average age of the Lexus buyer is 61 and 70% of their buyers are retirees.

Anybody have reliable stats of the average age of a Cadillac buyer?

Jim C
12-25-07, 12:16 PM
I know I'll be an old man before I can afford an XLR :yup:

silver_ws6
01-16-08, 04:58 PM
25 with a 05 sts ! but ill be 26 soon ! i get a few comments but most are positive

MauiV
01-22-08, 11:34 PM
I think the fact that this is an internet site is going to throw quite a bit of enviromental skew into the numbers. The blue hairs arent logging on to look for the latest mod for their V.

Anyone that says "Cadis are paw paw cars" doesnt say it after one trip around the block. I like to open the hood any opportunity I get.

cooncat
01-23-08, 08:23 PM
I'm 50 years young and driving my first Caddy and I love it. I do think that Caddy now has the younger average. I know of a number of elderly people who drive Lexus. I don't think they are doing much to attract the younger buyer like the way Cadillac did a little early on. I think that campaign worked very well. I remember my uncle always driving a Caddy and that is going back to the 1960's and he was in his 40's back then and I think he started buying them before then. So figure it out. Caddy's are great.

CaddyCruisin420
02-29-08, 12:43 AM
I'm 17 and the proud owner of a '95 concourse deville. It's a great car, turns heads too, unfortunately its a cop magnet.

93DevilleUSMC
03-01-08, 03:48 PM
21, proud owner of a `93 SDV. I am a lucky man.

Warren_R
04-30-08, 12:39 AM
46 and just got my 4th Caddy, a 1989 Brougham D'Elegance. I've loved them since I was 19 or thereabouts :)

Chicano-Mexicano
04-30-08, 12:46 AM
19 and 3/4 and have had my 1993 Eldorado Sports Couple with 4.9 for almost 4 months now and still haven't got over how bad this car is!

(and I mean bad as in good)

I'm 17 and the proud owner of a '95 concourse deville. It's a great car, turns heads too, unfortunately its a cop magnet.

My Eldo's to opposite it doesn't seem to matter what speed I'm traveling at. Be it 75 in a 45 they just sit their and listen to that mechanical orchestra called the 4.9 roar on by. Though they do usually chase down the little import trying to pass me.

Faded Crest
04-30-08, 11:39 PM
36, and have owned about 75 or 80 Cadillacs. I started buying Caddys when I was 15 years old. It's a bug that can bite you if you are a car person... The history, the romance, the "presence" of a Cadillac is unmatched. I don't care about fast, I just like to ride in style.

Marc

BacDoc
05-12-08, 11:18 AM
31 -'05 Cts-v