: 94 STS - Throttle Plate Orientation

decosse
02-10-06, 06:08 PM
My throttle on '94 STS has been sticking a little occasionally (quick blip of throttle pedal usually brings idle back down)
Well, stupidly removed the plate to clean the TB and plate without really checking which way it came out.
So .... looking into the TB, when you install the butterfly plate, should raised dimples be facing out towards you, or in towards the manifold side?
Appreciate anyone's help!

Edit: It looks like the raised dimples in (and also the stamped number) towards the manifold; there wasn't a huge amount of difference, but it seems to seal a little tighter that way round - there is possibly the finest of tapers on the edges that makes more sense in that orientation also.
It did hunt a little with the dimples out, better now.

Still appreciate a confirmation if anyone knows for sure.

decosse
02-10-06, 06:43 PM
It looks like the raised dimples in (and also the stamped number) towards the manifold; there wasn't a huge amount of difference, but it seems to seal a little tighter that way round - there is possibly the finest of tapers on the edges that makes more sense in that orientation also.
It did hunt a little with the dimples out, better now.

Still appreciate a confirmation if anyone knows for sure.

Ranger
02-11-06, 09:12 AM
I am not positive but I think the dimpled side goes inboard. Why in the world did you disassemble it?