: V getting a Makeover....DTS loaner *pics*

urbanski
02-10-06, 05:57 PM
Well.....the "paint job" done by Ken Batchelor (Owned by Sewell...hear that Dallas gang) was so incredibly substandard I took my baby to the BETTER caddy dealer in town. They actually had used a rotary buffer with a dirty pad to install nice spiral scratches in fresh paint, while kindly leaving overspray everywhere.

Cavender (ask for Ray) hooked me up. Actually, having good auto insurance really hooked me up, since they say "satisfaction guaranteed". We'll see how their body shop does. Hopefully as a smaller operation they will take actual PRIDE in the paint.

Lesson: do NOT crash your car :p

DTS Loaner:
this is a LARGE GREEN CAR.
Not as Floaty as i thought and the N* gets up and goes!!! Quiet as hell.
Wife approval: Zero. She said it was ugly :( but i dig it :cloud9:

As you can see, it blocks my damn beer fridge :mad: :p

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6153/10055889vg.th.jpg (http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10055889vg.jpg)http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/1067/10055850qh.th.jpg (http://img432.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10055850qh.jpg)

CVP33
02-10-06, 06:03 PM
Well.....the "paint job" done by Ken Batchelor (Owned by Sewell...hear that Dallas gang) was so incredibly substandard I took my baby to the BETTER caddy dealer in town. They actually had used a rotary buffer with a dirty pad to install nice spiral scratches in fresh paint, while kindly leaving overspray everywhere.

Cavender (ask for Ray) hooked me up. Actually, having good auto insurance really hooked me up, since they say "satisfaction guaranteed". We'll see how their body shop does. Hopefully as a smaller operation they will take actual PRIDE in the paint.

Lesson: do NOT crash your car :p

DTS Loaner:
this is a LARGE GREEN CAR.
Not as Floaty as i thought and the N* gets up and goes!!! Quiet as hell.
Wife approval: Zero. She said it was ugly :( but i dig it :cloud9:

As you can see, it blocks my damn beer fridge :mad: :p

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6153/10055889vg.th.jpg (http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10055889vg.jpg)http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/1067/10055850qh.th.jpg (http://img432.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10055850qh.jpg)

My last loaner was a brand new 2006 DTS with the White Diamond paint. I was very impressed. Room is incredible, engine was much better than I expected and the interior materials are light years ahead of the old model.

BTW - Good for you for having the discipline to not want your V back so badly that you'd settle for a substandard paint job.

CIWS
02-10-06, 06:19 PM
Damn Urb, you get decent loaners. Next time tell them you want a 2.8l CTS to drive. :D

urbanski
02-10-06, 06:21 PM
BTW - Good for you for having the discipline to not want your V back so badly that you'd settle for a substandard paint job.
lol
i've learned that its "just a car" :)

crowan
02-10-06, 06:25 PM
They actually had used a rotary buffer with a dirty pad to install nice spiral scratches in fresh paint, while kindly leaving overspray everywhere.

Ahhh...evidence of a true craftsman at work. :annoyed: Amazing.

CR

urbanski
Damn Urb, you get decent loaners. Next time tell them you want a 2.8l CTS to drive. :D
Ray takes care of me.....i tell him what i want.....there are no Vs, but tons of CTS, SRX, and DTS loaners.

Thanks to heavymetals suggestion, I called Ray and said exactly this
"Thanks for looking out for my car, what's your favorite drink"

If she is well cared for and looks nice, he'll get some nice Chivas or Crown.
"To insure proper service"

CIWS
Ahh in that case ask for a Chevy Cavalier ! ;)

Jack Ammann
02-10-06, 07:01 PM
Well.....the "paint job" done by Ken Batchelor (Owned by Sewell...hear that Dallas gang) was so incredibly substandard I took my baby to the BETTER caddy dealer in town.

Damn Urby, I thought we discussed Batchelor and Cavender before. Why did you take your car to Batchelor in the first place????:helpless: I've taken my car to Cavender's body shop for minor body and paint work and I have to say, they are OUTSTANDING. Since I've known the Cavenders for over 60 years, I even went to Kenneth during one of my visits down there, and told him I ran across you on the Internet and that you were a really sraight guy and be sure and take care of you. And if my memory serves me correctly, I believe I informed you of this.

DILLIGAF
02-10-06, 07:18 PM
Glad to hear your getting it fixed right,nothing worse than sh-tty paint.How about a forum pool on how long before the next whoops?

heavymetals
02-10-06, 07:30 PM
Good going Urbs!

You want the mechanics fighting over who gets to work on your car.:histeric:

At the very least they will remember a guy who appreciated the people who take care of his car.

The big test is how they treat you the next time you take it in.

urbanski
02-10-06, 07:35 PM
Damn Urby, I thought we discussed Batchelor and Cavender before. Why did you take your car to Batchelor in the first place????:helpless: I've taken my car to Cavender's body shop for minor body and paint work and I have to say, they are OUTSTANDING. Since I've known the Cavenders for over 60 years, I even went to Kenneth during one of my visits down there, and told him I ran across you on the Internet and that you were a really sraight guy and be sure and take care of you. And if my memory serves me correctly, I believe I informed you of this.
yeah Jack i know....long story...after my first crash i had Batchelor redo some body work they did some time ago....you'd think a paint job would be simple. so of course they mucked it up....
trust me, had the situation been different I would not have used them, but there we are.
after you telling me how kickass Cavender is, I've used them since. I turned Moldy and V-SATX onto them, too. Ray treats me very well.

urbanski
02-10-06, 07:36 PM
Glad to hear your getting it fixed right,nothing worse than sh-tty paint.How about a forum pool on how long before the next whoops?
VERY FUNNY :mad:

;) :p

Jack Ammann
02-10-06, 11:43 PM
yeah Jack i know....long story...after my first crash i had Batchelor redo some body work they did some time ago....you'd think a paint job would be simple. so of course they mucked it up....
trust me, had the situation been different I would not have used them, but there we are.
after you telling me how kickass Cavender is, I've used them since. I turned Moldy and V-SATX onto them, too. Ray treats me very well.

OK Urby...I understand. We all live and learn. I just hope that some of the major phuck-ups I make don't kill me one time...LOL. Best luck to you. You've got a kick-ass car. Maybe we oughtta go cruising some night and make all the prospective runners qualify with me to run you...LOL...and I guarantee you will NOT have many runs.

wildwhl
02-10-06, 11:45 PM
My last loaner was a DTS.

One word.

Marshmellow.

urbanski
02-11-06, 08:30 AM
My last loaner was a DTS.

One word.

Marshmellow.
well my rebuttal is: FWD w/ built-in understeer = urby doesn't ram into a fence.

i suck at RWD so this crampuff is just my style :)

ssmith100
02-11-06, 10:58 AM
Urb,

Don't forget to show them that spot inside the driver's side rear door jam. I seem to recall a rear seat install issue there on some paint:hide:

Shane

wildwhl
02-11-06, 11:35 AM
Instead, Urby wildly drifts through the turn into stone column at the end of fence :hmm:

You're going to lose gearhead points if you continue telling me you like the DTS :nono:

WW

urbanski
02-11-06, 11:57 AM
Urb,

Don't forget to show them that spot inside the driver's side rear door jam. I seem to recall a rear seat install issue there on some paint:hide:

Shane
that whole rocker panel got replaced and the area inside the doors is getting refinished.
all i need is new plastic trim pieces, my current ones show signs of my dropping the seats on them :0

Instead, Urby wildly drifts through the turn into stone column at the end of fence :hmm:

You're going to lose gearhead points if you continue telling me you like the DTS :nono:

WW
took it for a more spirited romp today and its quick. how they jam a N* up there, FWD, with no hint of torque steer is pretty :cool:

ctsvett
02-12-06, 12:43 PM
Urby,
If you have that as a rental car, it BETTER be returned with a NON functioning e-brake, no tire tread left, and then some random videos NEED to appear on the internet...

WINK WINK..

Reed

JUST KIDDING... I would NEVER do that to a rental car...

CIWS
02-12-06, 01:16 PM
We need video of a DTS vs a V, grab one of your V compadres down there and "Make it so !" :thumbsup:

V Amazed
02-12-06, 03:07 PM
sewell paint shop sucks, so i can imagine a sewell owned dealership being just as bad if not worse. Sewell repainted my rear bumper 4 times because it was unsatisfactory. They are now painting essentially my entire car form a collision, and i'm scared shitless what its gunna look like. I got a call from my adjuster and he said that it needed to spend more time in the paint booth (meaning they managed to **** it up). Lesson: sewell's group promises the world, and rarely delivers.

Ben

ctsvett
02-12-06, 03:17 PM
Put your experience in at:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/dealerrank/

So far, everyone who put thier comments in thinks that they have dont a decent job (9.25)... dealerrank is meant to measure everyone's satisfaction, and you should give them a low ranking if they suck...

Reed

CIWS
02-12-06, 03:36 PM
Reed, is there a way to seperate the ratings / rankings for a dealership ? Reason I'm asking is one like Sewell has dealerships in a lot of places, plus Sales may be very good and bend over backwards to satisfy, where body or service might suck the big one. Just a thought :)

twentyon20s
02-12-06, 07:07 PM
They are nice but the DTS is too big to be my only car. it's a nice vessel though and the new rear looks great

ctsvett
02-12-06, 09:23 PM
Reed, is there a way to seperate the ratings / rankings for a dealership ? Reason I'm asking is one like Sewell has dealerships in a lot of places, plus Sales may be very good and bend over backwards to satisfy, where body or service might suck the big one. Just a thought :)

Each deaerlship location is ranked separatly. Is that what you are asking?

The dealerrank is not really meant to rank the purchase of the car, but the service of the car. We have some flexibilyt when we decide where to buy a car (and its more about the deal they offer you), where we have less options when we get the car serviced. Oh and you service the car more than just one time (Unless you are CVP33)

Reed

CIWS
02-12-06, 10:55 PM
OK, cool beans. Thanks.

Merle Corey
02-12-06, 10:56 PM
Heh, I almost had to push that button below the picture that said
"Report this as offensive adult content"
damn, I was so close...
(/agrees with his wife)

:stirpot: