: We got SNOW!!!

Elvis
02-10-06, 05:42 PM
It never snows here like this.

http://images4.pictiger.com/images/d8/aaf25dced631e433f8987970084ab3d8.jpg

No, I didn't take that picture, it's off the TV website.

I'll try to get some pics of my own before dark to post here.

I LOVE SNOW!!!!!

:gnome: :woohoo: :elvis2:

Adam
02-10-06, 05:51 PM
over here in the other corner Eastman is melting if before it can get close. i swear, all the counties except Sullivan are getting pounded, we are getting rain... damned Eastman.

slk230mb
02-10-06, 06:19 PM
:yawn:

DopeStar 156
02-10-06, 06:25 PM

Boombotz
02-10-06, 06:31 PM
I want snow!!!!!!!:hide:

DaveSmed
02-10-06, 06:43 PM
I think my area is getting some tommorow, your more than welcome to it. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-10-06, 06:45 PM
Snow so what?

Welcome to my world.

JimHare
02-10-06, 07:06 PM
I think my area is getting some tommorow, your more than welcome to it. :)

Yeah, Dave, down here in Salem they're calling for the white stuff sometime late tomorrow PM..we'll have to wait and see. I've always said that snow should be illegal on any flat ground, since the kids can't sled on it, and skiers can't ski, so it does no good whatsoever... :thepan: :rant2: :rant2:

Katshot
02-10-06, 07:12 PM
"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE SNOW TOO!!!!!!!!!!
We're getting it tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'll be driving up to see my daughter in a track meet in Kutztown so I'll be right in the middle of it. I don't mind driving in it, it's the other jerks out there I mind.

mccombie_5
02-10-06, 08:38 PM
Yesterday I went out with some friends, on the way back from town we were driving along and there were a few snowflakes fallingaround the car, my friend was a bit nervous, she's managed to never get away with driving in the snow, luckily it didn't lie, it was just a few flakes.

The days are beautiful here at the moment, bitterly cold, but at least its sunny, roll on spring.

Then I'll gt bored of spring and want winter back again.

Sandy
02-10-06, 08:46 PM
I'm first town outta Newark, N.J. going WEST. According the the 6:00PM News, WE are dead on for the eye of the beast ! Forcasting 12" deep. AND I HATE SNOW ! HATE HATE HATE 'Cause, I don't have a car to use in it! Will not take out my Town Car in it, and the other "toyzz" are ilocked away in winter storage, and the 4WD Jeep is down in Trenton with our son. We are planning on hibernating. I went grocery shopping this AM and dropped $200.00 in the market and then $37.00 in the Deli ~ and bought stamps and anything else that I thought we might possible need. My gardner also plows and will plow the sidewalk and 100 feet of driveway. This is New Jersey's first snowstorm this season (November 21 to present) ~ and I hope the last one. Wish I had a Trailblazer SS NOW !

wht2000
02-10-06, 08:52 PM
They're calling for 12" and up here on Long Island. Snow blower and Escalade in the garage...guess I'll be driving my '87 Grand Wagoneer tomorrow night and Sunday...that old Jeep is an animal in the snow. I've had it since '87 and have never been stuck in the snow...goes great on the beach, too!!! Happy snow!!

addison_ii
02-10-06, 10:19 PM
Snow so what?

Welcome to my world.I concur :D But :thumbsup: to Elvis.

airbalancer
02-10-06, 10:43 PM
For my southern friends
DON'T EAT THE YELLOW SNOW

DaveDeVille
02-10-06, 10:48 PM
:yawn::yawn:
We are catching snow in our mouth, right?

caddydream
02-10-06, 10:49 PM
2, 4, 6 feet. No problem. We worship the Snow God. Antifreeze in our veins. Heat, we don't need no friggin heat. I need a vacation away from the cold before my brain freezes and I turn into the Crystal King.

Sandy
02-10-06, 11:02 PM
(Sandy Looks.......)

SYRACUSE !!! :chill: :chill: :chill: :chill: :chill:

addison_ii
02-10-06, 11:10 PM
For my southern friends
DON'T EAT THE YELLOW SNOW

:histeric: It's not a lemonade snowcone either. :D

FSU_Noles
02-10-06, 11:32 PM
?? Snow ?? :hmm: ?? Snow ?? :hmm:

Nope - don't recognize it.

Boombotz
02-11-06, 12:18 AM
Test post. This thread say's there is a page 2 but it won't take me there. I know this happened in another thread about pg 8.

Elvis
02-11-06, 12:30 AM
http://images4.pictiger.com/images/b8/6477ebd04ecca67d15c6063bdf92deb8.jpg
That's a stuffed squeaky pheasant. She always takes a toy with her wherever she goes...

http://images4.pictiger.com/images/69/55535e52357d937200c3d9be4eca0969.jpg

http://images4.pictiger.com/images/84/b8e8d05f0d57079517045ddb63f16b84.jpg

Elvis
02-11-06, 12:32 AM
I can only remember two other snows in my lifetime that were this good.

It's already melting. Slushy and soggy outside now. But still very quiet and pretty.

JimHare
02-11-06, 01:12 AM
Jeeze, Elvis, that's some shack you got there.. didja buy it from Mccombie???? LOL

Elvis
02-11-06, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the compliment! It started as just the middle section. Basic A-frame. When I got married we couldn't find any place we liked. We both liked my location so we just added on to the east and west. I moved into my wife's house and we basically gutted my little old house. Six months later we had a new house on old land.

SilverFleetwood85
02-11-06, 02:09 AM
Wow, a lot of people got snow today, we got it too, it started last night.

LittleB
02-11-06, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the compliment! It started as just the middle section. Basic A-frame. When I got married we couldn't find any place we liked. We both liked my location so we just added on to the east and west. I moved into my wife's house and we basically gutted my little old house. Six months later we had a new house on old land.

Wow, your house is beautiful!!

Katshot
02-11-06, 08:25 AM
(Sandy Looks.......)

SYRACUSE !!! :chill: :chill: :chill: :chill: :chill:

I'm from Syracuse! They do get some snow alright. Sandy, you said first snow of the season? You didn't get all that snow in the beginning of December? We got quite a bit.
I'm ready for it, just wish I didn't have any place to go. I'm going to be up in Kutztown today, watching my daughter's track meet. Then it's going to be roughly 100 miles back in the height of the storm. Ya gotta love it! ;)
The town was crazy last evening. Friday rush-hour is bad enough but add to that all the nuts running out to the grocery stores, gas stations, and home centers and you got craziness! Glad all I had to do last night was relax, watch TV and drink some tequila. :D

airbalancer
02-11-06, 10:17 AM
Elvis I thought you said you had snow.
That just a light dusting
Katshot since you were Syacuse land of the snow, would you call that snow!

FSU_Noles
02-11-06, 10:28 AM
http://images4.pictiger.com/images/b8/6477ebd04ecca67d15c6063bdf92deb8.jpg

Look at that dog in the driveway :eek:

- good looking pup though...

Sorry... had to take a jab at the Ford.
:Poke:

Katshot
02-11-06, 10:47 AM
Elvis I thought you said you had snow.
That just a light dusting
Katshot since you were Syacuse land of the snow, would you call that snow!

By "Syracuse" standards? Hell no! They measure by the foot, not the inch.

Sandy
02-11-06, 11:48 AM
Elvis; it's 11:00 AM on the East Coast. Snow is expected to arrive mid-to late afternoon, they are talking anywhere from 8 inches to a foot.

How much did Nashville get & it it STILL snowing there ??

PS / Yes, beautiful house !!

davesdeville
02-11-06, 12:11 PM
Snow eh... yeah I usually get snow once a year if that. Which is too much. If I want snow I'll drive up to the mountains and ski.

Elvis
02-11-06, 09:26 PM
Sandy, I'm near Memphis, and I think we got more snow than Nashville did this time. We usually don't get it like this. I remember two other times in my life when we got 8" to 12" snows. This was much prettier.

We got about 5" of the thick wet packing snow. Not that dry powdery stuff. There are snowmen EVERYWHERE today. The streets stayed clear most of the time. They were a little slushy at rush hour yesterday, but clear by 9:00 this morning.

wht2000
02-11-06, 09:48 PM
They just upped the totals for Long Island...up to 16" of the white stuff, with a Blizzard Warning posted for overnight into tomorrow around noon. Looks like a fun Sunday coming up. Glad I have 10 gals of gas for the blower. It's snowing real heavy already and we haven't even seen the brunt of the storm yet.

danbuc
02-11-06, 09:53 PM
Ahhh...snow. How I remember it so......Its' really wierd fo rme to be down here where it just rains sometimes. This is the first year in 17 that I haven't been skiing. I hate it, I really wish I was back in Jersey right now. Of course on the lfip side, I really don't miss having to shovel it.

addison_ii
02-11-06, 09:54 PM
Nice house Elvis. Great pics!!

JimHare
02-11-06, 10:18 PM
Snow update!!! Snow Update!!!

Well, it's been snowing here in the South Jersey/Delaware Valley area since about 3PM - so far, there's not a lot of accumulation in my immediate area, due to the relative warmth of the ground as the snow fell on it. What is here, is very wet and slushy so far. Hasn't even covered the ground yet...

Stay tuned to station WCOF for more details.. :D

Sandy
02-11-06, 10:43 PM
Well it's been snowing here in the North Jersey area since about 3PM - so far, there's not a lot of accumulation in my immediate area, due to the relative warmth of the ground as the snow fell on it. What is here, is very wet and slushy so far. Hasn't even covered the ground yet...

Jim, I copied your exact post because it's 100% identcal up here in Northern New Jersey (Essex County, Newark, The Oranges, Montclair) ! I could not write it better than you. :thumbsup: But, it's coming down real heavy now.

Katshot
02-12-06, 08:35 AM
Okay, now WE have snow! This what I woke up to this morning. It's not supposed to quit until mid afternon either. Sorry but these pics are just quickies taken from my garage. I'll go outside later. The one is the view down my driveway. Should be fun getting the paper! ;)

madooch
02-12-06, 10:16 AM
yeah we are getting blasted with snow as well here in new york it is 9am sun and aleast a foot already.

JimHare
02-12-06, 10:31 AM
Snow update!!! 9:15 AM...

Well, it appears that location has a great deal to do with how much of this crap is actually laying on the ground around you... Out my back door, between here and the river, you can still see grass poking up.

In the front yard, there's maybe three to four inches, at most on my yard...

What are you other guys getting? Sandy? Hows things in the Great White North?...

Sandy
02-12-06, 11:41 AM
10:00AM Report = Newark, NJ 14 inches on ground, drifts as high as 3 feet.
We have a 4 foot high wooden stockade fence going up the side of the driveway. Only the top 1 foot of it is peeking out of the snow. In the front facing the street, it's about 1 foot deep. On the South side of the house it's about 6 iches deep......lots of wind stacked it up differently all over.
I await the gardner and his 2 guys with their snow blowers/throwers.....
He should show around 3PM. Got nowhere to go, anyhow, lots of food in house and all prescription drugs, and WINE in 'Fridge and nice & warm.
Just bored. Very bored. Very Very bored!

Elvis
02-12-06, 11:42 AM
Keep the pics coming, guys. I love em.

Beautiful view, Jim!!!

FSU_Noles
02-12-06, 12:34 PM
Snow update!!! 9:15 AM...

Well, it appears that location has a great deal to do with how much of this crap is actually laying on the ground around you... Out my back door, between here and the river, you can still see grass poking up.

In the front yard, there's maybe three to four inches, at most on my yard...

What are you other guys getting? Sandy? Hows things in the Great White North?...

Do I see a poor Corvette over there under the cover of snow?

Stoneage_Caddy
02-12-06, 12:40 PM
stupid weatherman here thinks we will get snow .....

that hadnt happend since 88

Boombotz
02-12-06, 01:10 PM
stupid weatherman here thinks we will get snow .....

that hadnt happend since 88

I know if it does snow here I will not drive in it. I do know how to drive in the snow from growing up in New York but these Floridians don't even know how to drive in the rain. :alchi:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-12-06, 01:35 PM
i might get my wish tho ....ive been wanting 3 days of sheet ice ont he road so the bastards will clean themselves off my roads

DaveSmed
02-12-06, 01:54 PM
Crap!!! I go out to find the plow is busted! :mad: At least the internet came back on, cable was out this morning. My mom's Subaru is coming in pretty handy right about now, I didn't even bother cleaning off the Cad yet.

At least its pretty (and happening on the weekend, I have school tommorow!).

JimHare
02-12-06, 02:08 PM
Do I see a poor Corvette over there under the cover of snow?

You mean across the street there? Oh hell no, I think that's a clapped out Taurus or something...our neighbor Joan.

Her car and our two Caddys are pretty much the only non-Pickups on our street. I checked the other day and from 9 houses, there were 14 pickup trucks all told... lol. 'swhat you get when you live in Salem.

Greeeeeeeeeeen Acres is the place for me.
FARM LIVIN' is the life for me....

That's our county theme song.. :bouncy: :bouncy:

JimHare
02-12-06, 02:28 PM
Keep the pics coming, guys. I love em.

Beautiful view, Jim!!!

Here's one from after the cleanup...Not sure how wise it is for a sedentary 52 year old smoker to be out shoveling snow..I tried to talk Melissa's 80 year old mother into doing it, but she claimed she couldn't find her gloves. I think she hid 'em on purpose...:histeric: :histeric:

Also heres one from this summer. We get some nice sunsets. Looking west across the Salem and Delaware River, towards the scenic refineries of Delaware City, DE.

Katshot
02-12-06, 03:33 PM
It's actually still snowing here lightly. I just got done snow-blowing my upper section of my driveway and the front walk. As I got down the drive, I noticed the farmer from across the road was plowing my lower driveway area. Thank GOD! So now I'm back inside warming up with a margarita! :alchi: ;)
I'd say we got a bit over a foot. My neighbor says we got 15 or 16 inches. The problem is we get a decent amount of drifting here so it's hard to get a real accurate measure.

airbalancer
02-12-06, 03:34 PM
double post sorry

airbalancer
02-12-06, 03:35 PM
Ahhh, nice and sunny today , boy that sun sure is hot though the window.
Had a nice drive and went to see the granddaughter in the hospital. Hope see can come soon

Katshot
02-12-06, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I'll bet it's cold though. What's your granddaughter in the hospital for? Hope she's okay.
BTW, here's a couple new pics of the snow now that it's stopped.

Sandy
02-12-06, 05:06 PM
It finally stopped, here, about 30 minutes ago, like 3:30PM. It looks like 14 inches (I'd guess). We have not been outside. Waiting for our gardner to get here & plow driveway & sidewalk. Tried calling his # but only get recording. I am wondering IF he is gonna disapoint!! Me? "I don't "do" snow" I stopped shoveling/plowing at age 55 ! That's enough! If he doesn't show, I'll wait for Wednesday when it's gonna be sunny & 50 degrees, and let God do it :)
Plenty of food in house, dropped $265.00 in the market and nowhere to go....

airbalancer
02-12-06, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I'll bet it's cold though. What's your granddaughter in the hospital for? Hope she's okay.
BTW, here's a couple new pics of the snow now that it's stopped.
The granddaughter was born on Tuesday, 8 weeks early, so they are keeping in untill all the test come back normal. she is going very well

DaveSmed
02-12-06, 07:32 PM
Got the plow welded back in one piece, and got a little bit done. Wish I could have started earlier, but crap happens. Started cleaning off the Cad too.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/davesmed/snobeast.jpg

I'm really not liking the thought of driving her to school tommorow. Tommorow it's gonna be above freezing and the thought of all that wet salt.... This is what the BMW was supposed to be for!

Jesda
02-12-06, 07:54 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060212/capt.ctjh10402122243.snowstorm_ctjh104.jpg?x=380&y=253&sig=8ohktH6weUZH55lw3lmzlA--

mccombie_5
02-12-06, 08:00 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060212/capt.ctjh10402122243.snowstorm_ctjh104.jpg?x=380&y=253&sig=8ohktH6weUZH55lw3lmzlA--

Thats a camera trick

We all know that dog has no legs :suspense:

Jesda
02-12-06, 08:20 PM
The dog probably inspired the Jeep commercial!

slk230mb
02-12-06, 08:27 PM
I'm so pissed, my parents got between 18-22 inches at home and I got 0 inches 200 miles northwest. I soooooooooooooo want some snow in Binghamton. It's been such a mild winter I'm started to get disappointed.

mccombie_5
02-12-06, 08:27 PM
What happens in that commercial, they dont really advertise Jeeps here...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-12-06, 08:49 PM
18-22" of snow huh?

Tony Montana's dream! :p

http://www.geocities.com/movievillains/Scarface.jpg

slk230mb
02-12-06, 08:49 PM
18-22" of snow huh?

Tony Montana's dream! :p

LOL!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-12-06, 08:52 PM
Push it to the limit!

Katshot
02-12-06, 09:21 PM
The granddaughter was born on Tuesday, 8 weeks early, so they are keeping in untill all the test come back normal. she is going very well

Congrats!!
Is she your first? How much did she weigh?